• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there a way to get a refund for a purchase of a Steam game I've never played? I bough Anno 2070 when it was up there and I didn't realize you need uplay to play it. I will not install or create an account for uplay and it seems there is no way for me to play the game I purchased. Since I can't play the game I'd like to return it. I guess it's my fault for not reading carefully but it would be nice if there was some sort of refund I could get for it. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if they'd give you a refund since the reason you can't play it is that you refuse to install it and not anything technically wrong with the game

Lain

I don't know what to vote for. Desktop Dungeons would be too high still for my liking, same for Kerbal, The Lego Movie is already on sale, I don't care about Jazzpunk and everything else I own already.

Spinluck

Anyone on the fence about Just Cause 2 should know that there is a multiplayer mod for free on Steam, 1,000+ player servers, it's some of the craziest stuff I've ever played.

ixcyYmZTt7Dor.gif

I bought it, even though I more games in the arcade group that I wanted.

This sounds like absolute mayhem lol.

Shengar

Reposting again while I have the chance.
Reposting before I'm away to buy some swag
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition -- MB-16DC6C075AA5C534 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 56 entrants total.

t1403585129z1.png

Zeliard

Oh god no, that's horrible. I'm sorry but if it's been like 3 years that shit is out the window. It's not my responsibly to walk on eggshells around you because you can't be bothered to get around to playing or watching something.

I'm not sure that's reasonable, honestly. Planescape: Torment is my favorite game of all-time. It came out in 1999. There are huge, potential spoilers throughout that game and I'd feel like a total asshole if I just openly talked about that game's story, despite how long it's been since its release.

Just have some empathy. The experience for some people is deeply, negatively affected by story spoilers, and even if you consider that ridiculous, just understand that some others may not feel the same way.

I'm not sure if they'd give you a refund since the reason you can't play it is that you refuse to install it and not anything technically wrong with the game

Yeah that's what I figured. So frustraing. I figured it would work like the ubisoft games on my PS4 where I just had the option not to log in, but it's requiring uplay to even launch the game. I have no desire to install and/or manage a uplay account so I'd rather just not have the game and have a refund.

I think it's Nolan North's best work, Capt. Walker has a lot more depth and range than Nathan Drake.
Definitely.
When I first started playing Spec Ops The Line I was expecting him to have that "Nathan Drake"-y voice throughout the entire thing, but then as the game progresses I stop hearing Nathan Drake and I end up hearing Captain Walker and it's just a really fantastic performance.

I still hear Nathan Drake in his other roles though(Desmond Miles, Dark Void...protagonist guy, Deadpool, The Prince in PoP08)

I don't know what to vote for. Desktop Dungeons would be too high still for my liking, same for Kerbal, The Lego Movie is already on sale, I don't care about Jazzpunk and everything else I own already.

Vote for Lego to get double Lego and continue this descent into madness.

Cfh123

Any thoughts for whether the Wolf Among Us will go for more than 66% off?

I guess I should wait until the last day when usually all the deals are available again.

Mokoi

Banned
Yeah huge servers, the airport has 100-200 there at any given time on some servers.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...bf/Just_Cause_2_Multiplayer_early_version.jpg

I should really pick this up looks real fun.

Well it really caters to strategy game fans, kind of a spiritual successor to the old Total Annihilation stuff, gotta think about economy, troop deployments, enemy movement. You won't like it if you don't like strategy IMO. Too bad there's no demo.

Thanks for the brief explation, but yeah seems that I won't like it.

Lomax

So is there a way to get a refund for a purchase of a Steam game I've never played? I bough Anno 2070 when it was up there and I didn't realize you need uplay to play it. I will not install or create an account for uplay and it seems there is no way for me to play the game I purchased. Since I can't play the game I'd like to return it. I guess it's my fault for not reading carefully but it would be nice if there was some sort of refund I could get for it. Any help would be appreciated.

You could tell them you can't get uPlay to work on your computer
only mostly a lie
and you might have some luck with a refund. But generally no, there's no refunds whether you played the game or not.

DarkFlow

Banned
I'm not sure that's reasonable, honestly. Planescape: Torment is my favorite game of all-time. It came out in 1999. There are huge, potential spoilers throughout that game and I'd feel like a total asshole if I just openly talked about that game's story, despite how long it's been since its release.

Just have some empathy. The experience for some people is deeply, negatively affected by story spoilers, and even if you consider that ridiculous, just understand that some others may not feel the same way.

Well just to be clear, I'm not saying you should drop plot outlines on people and spoil major points cause that's just being a dickhead. On the other hand little things that don't really change anything much, if at all is fair game I think.

So I went down to Texas this weekend and have two thoughts:

1. Getting your credit card stolen during a summer sale is the worst form of torture.

2. Screw Texas traffic.

Anyway, hope to get a new card tomorrow so I can support blue team some more

Salsa

Well just to be clear, I'm not saying you should drop plot outlines on people and spoil major points cause that's just being a dickhead. On the other hand little things that don't really change anything much, if at all is fair game I think.

well that's pretty different than what you were saying just now

just admit you fucked up and apologize (or dont) and move on

You could tell them you can't get uPlay to work on your computer
only mostly a lie
and you might have some luck with a refund. But generally no, there's no refunds whether you played the game or not.

They really need to put a large disclaimer on games like this. The whole reason I use steam is that generally I've never had to deal with clients like this for games on steam, this is the first time I've run into it.

Turfster

So I went down to Texas this weekend and have two thoughts:

1. Getting your credit card stolen during a summer sale is the worst form of torture.

2. Screw Texas traffic.

Anyway, hope to get a new card tomorrow so I can support blue team some more
Sorry to hear that, but don't bother.
It's rigged.

GAF,
Recommend me good games for under a buck.
Possibly with cards.

Defy Gravity Extended
Marlow Briggs

Is Arma3 worth it's price now or should I wait for winter sales? Can't find an OT here to check out the impression and community support.

I don't think there ever was an OT, only THIS.

I bought it when it entered Alpha. I haven't played it too much since it demands enough that computer can only handle so much. Can't give much of an impression since I haven't played in a good while. I remember the campaign is better than Arma 2, and the game seems more stable (I think?).

Tellaerin

I never said anything to the contrary, you all just assumed that's what I meant.

Well, to be fair, man, this:

Oh god no, that's horrible. I'm sorry but if it's been like 3 years that shit is out the window. It's not my responsibly to walk on eggshells around you because you can't be bothered to get around to playing or watching something.

made it sound like the idea of spoiler-tagging anything was too much, and if anybody "couldn't be bothered" to see something that was three years old or older, screw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom