• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enhanced Steam puts a warning for 3rd party drm like this right in the middle of the page so that it isn't as easy to miss, in addition to many other great improvements to the site, it's highly recommended.

Hey I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip. I submitted an issue with steam support, so here's hoping, but I doubt much will come from it.

Enjoy!
ModBot said:
[

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PAYDAY: The Heist -- MB-A5CC7719005B0358 - Taken by VisceralBowl. 9 entrants total.
Magicka Plus 2 DLC -- MB-21164DA4215AAD46 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-2D13130694C2A3AF - Taken by Ilive1up. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-D0834D886D4041FF - Taken by Junko. 2 entrants total.
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-5338C27F9052D3E9 - Taken by Brannon. 1 entrants total.
SR3 DLC and Dead Island GOTY -- MB-87D42265D14C3DFF - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-C919763182994D0B - Taken by Mokoi. 7 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-3097AD982696D76E - Taken by Boss Doggie. 9 entrants total.

t1403578674z1.png

denx

reposting for new page because relevant among the meltdowns

Thanks for voting for the retro pack guys.

=(

Fucking bullshit.

It's proved that SteamGAF is cursed. People should just vote for the opposite of what they actually want so the stuff they want has some chance at winning.

Every single time I have voted during this sale, the opposite group of games has won.

See what I'm saying?

reposting for new page because relevant among the meltdowns

It's proved that SteamGAF is cursed. People should just vote for the opposite of what they actually want so the stuff they want has some chance at winning.

See what I'm saying?

I like your thinking

Anybody else in Team Pink not get their 3 bonus cards despite getting a notification that they were in your inventory? I got the green message, but they still aren't there.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Kentucky Route Zero can be described in this way - 90% thumbs up

Stanley Parable can be described in this way - 94% thumbs up

Dear Esther can be described in this way - 82% thumbs up

Gone Home - 96% thumbs down

All of these games fall into the interactive story genre more than anything else. To think the extreme negative reaction to Gone Home isn't most significantly due to its subject matter rather than its gameplay style is fairly naive, frankly.

I think that's a problem is comparing them altogether without regard to the quality of the actual games.

KRZ is also completely different than the other 3.. not even sure why it's on your list. It's also a really cool experience.

I have not played TSP.

Dear Esther was a let down.. thought at times beautiful to look at.. but overall disappointing.

I only played Gone Home at a buddies house.. and it wasn't that good.

I think you might be sort of right to why some of the bad reviews happened.. but I also think the game got more attention than deserved and praised for more than it really is for the same reason.. the subject matter.

The end, it's a mediocre experience that could have been done considerably better. It just wasn't a good way to tell a story.

koolaroo

So many Spelunky! This person right here, this is a good person.

Everything I do, I do for Spelunky. I have put about 140 hours into the game and still haven't beat it. I've made it to the boss a few times in both singleplayer and co-op but never beat him.

Saw that thread too. It wasn't updated as much and it did more to convince me playing Arma2 than arma3, lol. This game still needs another year or two to stabilize eh?

Hehehehe. Another year or two? I ain't sure. Seems like they're doing a better job this time around, but then again, you've played Arma 2 so you probably know what to expect. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone gifted me Forced today. First I was disappointed that it wasn't some sort of hentai game, but then I thought "receiving gifts feels good, shocking"

Makes me glad to do what I do and makes me feel like doing more, surely others get the same "well that did not suck" feeling when they win something or get something

Facism

is there a way to check if people have redeemed the keys i've provided in previous giveaways? I might still have a Trine 2 key to give as i got no receipt for it almost a year ago.

[edit]found my post, nobody redeemed them. Are the modbot codes still valid a year on? If i can i'd like to just repost.

AHA-Lambda

Kentucky Route Zero can be described in this way - 90% thumbs up

Stanley Parable can be described in this way - 94% thumbs up

Dear Esther can be described in this way - 82% thumbs up

Gone Home - 96% thumbs down

All of these games fall into the interactive story genre more than anything else. To think the extreme negative reaction to Gone Home isn't most significantly due to its subject matter rather than its gameplay style is fairly naive, frankly.

Woah seriously?! Bloody hell, that's just sad :S

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
is there a way to check if people have redeemed the keys i've provided in previous giveaways? I might still have a Trine 2 key to give as i got no receipt for it almost a year ago.

Put "my loot" in the subject line of a message to Modbot and it'll give you a list of claimed and unclaimed keys, along with keys you've given away.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Quoting from the wonderful Steam Sale Indie game thread. Amazing deal, great tables for just a pence.

All right, bit of an odd deal, but there's a secret sale on Pinball Arcade tables. Specifically, a launch pack, containing Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It or Not and Theatre of Magic is available exclusively in-game for a penny.

Here's how to get it.

Step 1) Download Pinball Arcade
Step 2) Go to Season One/Two Tables > Season One Tables
Step 3) Select Black Hole (or Ripley's Believe It or Not or Theatre of Magic, but Black Hole is close to the top of the screen)
Step 4) Click on the Buy Now button
Step 5) Click on "Buy Launch Pack"
Step 6) Steam will ask for a penny from your Steam Wallet. I believe it's possible to add a penny at this stage using your regular payment methods. Or sell something on the Steam Marketplace first, whatever works.
Step 7) Go back to the main menu and find your new tables under My Tables (surprise surprise)
Step 8) Play some pinball!

On that note:

Pinball Arcade Rock Band model, pay per table/various prices for multipacks

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
They will continue to drop. Especially since they are set to disappear at the end of the sale, and people will either have to cash out or lose them.

I'd better unload all of my cars right now. I'll have to turn on my slow and crappy laptop, though. :/ It sucks how you have to wait 7 days to use the market on a new computer.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Did anyone figure out how to verify the M&M cards? I'm still blocked from the market even though I have used my own verified card since?

I could not get $6 to verify no matter what I did. I clicked the auto $5 ones and it went straight through.

Lost a buck, oh well.

jholmes

EDIT: Thought something was off but the ModBot was just a little slow.

On an unrelated note, how about this whole sale thing?

Saganator

Whoa, Planet Explorers - 98% thumps up. Think I'll have to revisit the game. A reviewer said it was like a better version of StarForge, which I think I'd agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom