• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

After 14 hours MGR finally finished downloading.

About to start the game, only played like an hour of it before on PS3, so I'm pretty much a newbie. What difficulty setting should I start playing the game at GAF?

antitrop

After 14 hours MGR finally finished downloading.

About to start the game, only played like an hour of it before on PS3, so I'm pretty much a newbie. What difficulty setting should I start playing the game at GAF?

As a Platinum Games veteran, I started it on Hard and thought that was perfect. If you've never played Bayonetta or DMC or anything, I guess start on Normal.

Welp just cause 2 bought. At that price I couldn't pass it up.
Have fun!
FFzlsM5.gif

Burt

Nice, Gone Home for $.68 after trading cards. Makes all that mundane clicking worth it when you can cash in like that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I bought Revengeance yesterday but my bandwidth cap kept me from downloading it.

About to yolo this thing and tear it up RULEZ OF NATURE

HOLY CRAP I had a lot to catch up on over the last few hours. This is a pretty fast thread today. I've sent friend invites to a lot of you guys, btw, so feel free to confirm and I'll get back to playing Jedi Outcast and posting screens.
So all of those people who voted against the 4x selection in the previous Community deals based on Nether really screwed it for the rest of us...

DOMINIONS 4!@#
Exactly what I was thinking. This is the Steam community, all right: praises The Stanley Parabale and sets fire to Gone Home despite their similarities. Watch them vote The Lego Movie Videogame into double-trouble!

Where did the "stope page" button go from the community hub layout? This doesn't make sense. I'm browsing my wishlist and clicking games takes me to their community hubs. If I want to actually buy them, I have search for them via the regular store search, which kinda defeats the purpose of the wishlist. I mean, I know there's a store page link on the wishlist itself, but it's still not very convenient not to have it on the community hub. Or maybe even switch it up and let clicking game titles take you to store pages and have a separate button for community hubs.
It's disappeared for me as well. Gets annoying to insert store.steampowered into the URL field each time.

And then a major character is killed off.

wpid-earthshock-adric-doctor-who.jpg
Duktuh Hoo's a great show, here's one reason.

Repeat question: is the Steam version of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines the version to buy? I'm not confident it'll get onto GOG for a long time coming, knowing Activision.

Ibuki

Banned
Did anyone figure out how to verify the M&M cards? I'm still blocked from the market even though I have used my own verified card since?

Stump, I was thinking about my stupid unclaimed keys -- are there enough unclaimed keys to do a modbot dump of them as a free for all?

I just don't like the idea of those games sitting there unclaimed...

That game is ass

Nah. It was a good time. I got the platinum on PS3. :p

Thanks for voting for the retro pack guys.

=(

Fucking bullshit.

The only bright side is that Strider isn't cheap enough to lure unsuspecting gamers into it's dumpster fire.

I don't think there ever was an OT, only THIS.

I bought it when it entered Alpha. I haven't played it too much since it demands enough that computer can only handle so much. Can't give much of an impression since I haven't played in a good while. I remember the campaign is better than Arma 2, and the game seems more stable (I think?).

Saw that thread too. It wasn't updated as much and it did more to convince me playing Arma2 than arma3, lol. This game still needs another year or two to stabilize eh?

Saganator

A few people have asked about Planet Explorers, I played it almost a year ago, so maybe someone who has played it more recently can chime in. Anyways, Planet Explorers is one of those slower relaxing type games. There is a story mode that kind of eases you into the game. The terrain is voxel based, you can dig into the ground and it deforms. I wouldn't describe it as a pretty, either. You pretty much explore a planet you crash landed on, you gather resources to craft various items like gun turrets. You have to construct a base to defend against various ingenious creatures. There is also a pretty neat weapon/vehicle designer. I'd recommend the game to a patient type gamer who will take the time to watch a YouTube video or read up on the game to give it a fair shot. You also have to be okay with some clunk and bugs.

Sarcasm

Anyone had this problem where steam won't download games? It stops and tells me it needs a update, but I just started downloading it. It's been doing this the last few days and it's crazy.

You either keep hitting the Move to top of queue arrow til it sticks or try changing download location in settings.

Sober

Anyone had this problem where steam won't download games? It stops and tells me it needs a update, but I just started downloading it. It's been doing this the last few days and it's crazy.
Try switching download servers until it takes. Not sure why it but seems to work. Maybe the servers are just being overloaded (in 2014)?

edit: ^^^ damn you

Lomax

They really need to put a large disclaimer on games like this. The whole reason I use steam is that generally I've never had to deal with clients like this for games on steam, this is the first time I've run into it.

Enhanced Steam puts a warning for 3rd party drm like this right in the middle of the page so that it isn't as easy to miss, in addition to many other great improvements to the site, it's highly recommended.

denx

As a Platinum Games veteran, I started it on Hard and thought that was perfect. If you've never played Bayonetta or DMC or anything, I guess start on Normal.

Figured, will play on normal thanks. I'm playing Dark Souls at the moment too so I can deal with only so much frustration.

Thanks for voting for the retro pack guys.

=(

Fucking bullshit.

It's proved that SteamGAF is cursed. People should just vote for the opposite of what they actually want so the stuff they want has some chance at winning.

Every single time I have voted during this sale, the opposite group of games has won.

See what I'm saying?

DarkFlow

Banned
You either keep hitting the Move to top of queue arrow til it sticks or try changing download location in settings.

Try switching download servers until it takes. Not sure why it but seems to work. Maybe the servers are just being overloaded (in 2014)?

edit: ^^^ damn you

I'll do the server thing, thanks! I knew the move to top, but it never stuck. I downloaded a 300 mb game just mashing that button, but no way i'm doing to for a few gigs.

koolaroo

Last 20 minutes.
ModBot said:
Instructions for koolaroo:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

spelunky #5 -- MB-43FDBBEBFF6792D5 - Taken by GlenChivas. 15 entrants total.
spelunky #4 -- MB-74F1EA9984FDA119 - Taken by johnssy123. 22 entrants total.
spelunky #3 -- MB-D43466999DAD9170 - Taken by DJSebolski. 29 entrants total.
spelunky #2 -- MB-F516BBB8329ED2D3 - Taken by vermadas. 42 entrants total.
spelunky -- MB-A998F3C346331139 - Taken by Hugstable. 12 entrants total.

t1403578962z1.png

I'm not sure that Grim Dawn will be on a flash or daily deal, but I just wanted to it's one of the best action RPGs I've ever played. It's currently 30% off for $17.49. The game is a loot heavy hack'n'slash similar to Diablo, and it's being made by some of the devs that made Titan Quest. It's an early access game with 2 acts currently available and a level cap of 35. I already have 55 hours of playtime taking two classes to the current level cap. My favorite part of the game is the character development. You can dual class after level ten putting points into two classes' skill trees. As much fun as I've been having, I'm trying to hold off playing more until the game is eventually finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom