• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
It makes me so sad to see the games on people's win list from the giveaway.

So many sub $5 games...

Makes me wonder how many people just do not know what is going on.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
well its a good that the 3 games i would have purchased, DD Strider and pacman didnt go on sale and instead Just Cause 2, which they give away in the mail nowadays with those free laundry detergent samples,won

Stage On

Ah the overlap in this sale is insane. What a waste of a slot if we actually end up getting a game that's a daily as a community choice at the same bloody time!!!

It's the same shit getting discounts time and time again, sale after sale. Meanwhile other stuff hasn't gotten a really good discount in forever :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
is there a way to check if people have redeemed the keys i've provided in previous giveaways? I might still have a Trine 2 key to give as i got no receipt for it almost a year ago.

[edit]found my post, nobody redeemed them. Are the modbot codes still valid a year on? If i can i'd like to just repost.

Nuke the keys and then reapply them, Modbot will post a new code.

(Also shouldn't you be in bed?)

Facism

Nuke the keys and then reapply them, Modbot will post a new code.

(Also shouldn't you be in bed?)

i should be, yes. Can't sleep. How do i nuke keys?

my loot report doesn't list trine 2/brutal legend. It was during the modbot beta, could that be a reason?

Speevy

Banned
Gone Home has a subject matter that doesn't appeal to Steam's primary demographic.

There's nothing wrong with the controls, graphics, story, pacing, design.

It does exactly what it sets out to do in quite excellent fashion.

It's one of those games that no one should tell you about beforehand, and if you're a red-blooded American man, a story about *GONE HOME SPOILER *
two lesbians in love
is not going to knock your socks off 90% of the time.

It's just a fact of marketing.

legacyzero

Banned
Game is fun as hell. I'm still in the giving mood, GAF.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-2DD8F20E1E0172C8 - Taken by Leila

Ibuki

Banned
Since you guys are so awesome, here you go! Might have some more later. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Junko:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-6E53FEC623BB5B12 - Taken by Chezzymann. 13 entrants total.

t1403579818z1.png

TheSeks

.... wait.
The F2P games have Card Drops?

Not just TF2 and DOTA?

Yes. Hawken, for one, has cards. But no card drops, the only way to get "card drops" is to spend cash in-game/on-Steam toward the game and those generally are like the sales here: $10 spent toward these sales (AKA: the game) will give you ONE card toward the sale (AKA: game).

Since I can't play this copy of Anno 2070 and didn't register it on uplay because I refuse to use uplay, is there a way I can give it away if I can't get a refund for it? Like if I give it to someone else with a uplay account can they use the game?

NewFresh

Whoa, Planet Explorers - 98% thumps up. Think I'll have to revisit the game. A reviewer said it was like a better version of StarForge, which I think I'd agree with.

After seeing the thumbs rating on Gone Home, I think this system is not full proof for recommendations.

TheSeks

New Page:

When Steam Summer Aventure Cards are going to expire in EST (America)?

June 30 2014 afternoon, but what time?

2PM. 11AM PST. When the store updates (1PM/10AM), basically. An hour after that.

Speevy

Banned
This is probably staring me in the face, but what is the qualification for an early access game?

What if the developers decide to stop making their game, or release an unplayable build that happens to be the last one?

Yakkue

Bummer, Jamestown didn't win..I hope it'll pop up back later.

Btw, don't know if this was mentioned: FTL is cheaper for european people through the humble widget or at amazon.

Sulla1980

Guys, a word of warning. Don't waste your $3 on Gone Home. Instead, save it for better flash sale later. You'll thank me.

Booooo!

The game is an interesting experience that is easily worth $3. But it is up to the individual how much enjoyment the game delivers. Personally, I enjoyed it much more than Dear Esther.

BasilZero

Any idea if Sega Genesis Classics collection would go on daily/flash/etc

:(

I want dem classics.

(Also surprised that Pack 5 is not in the collection)

drbond

Neo Member
It was definitely part of one of the earlier community votes, though that pack lost to another, which meant no additional drop for KoF! :mad:

Super Street Fighter IV AE I'm pretty sure was in that list along with Mortal Kombat 9 that lost in the community vote, as stated.

I was hoping to have picked up KOF 13 and BlazBlue Calamity Trigger during that potential flash sale. Will hopefully be discounted some more later in the next few days, I hope. Collect some steam cards for BlazBlue.

Okay Borderlands 2 is hella fun but I just used my golden key by accident...

I quit the game fast thinking it wouldn't save, reloaded and found out that it had and now the guns it spawned was gone. I'm so stupid.

Oh well.

Sofa King

I quit the game fast thinking it wouldn't save, reloaded and found out that it had and now the guns it spawned was gone. I'm so stupid.

Oh well.

If you sign up for SHIFT, you can get tons of golden key codes

TheSeks

i should be, yes. Can't sleep. How do i nuke keys?

my loot report doesn't list trine 2/brutal legend. It was during the modbot beta, could that be a reason?

Could be. You should be fine to reapply them if they haven't been taken.

Someone gifted me Forced today. First I was disappointed that it wasn't some sort of hentai game, but then I thought "receiving gifts feels good, shocking"

Makes me glad to do what I do and makes me feel like doing more, surely others get the same "well that did not suck" feeling when they win something or get something

That's another game we can co-op together, senpai! :3

Booooo!

The game is an interesting experience that is easily worth $3. But it is up to the individual how much enjoyment the game delivers. Personally, I enjoyed it much more than Dear Esther.
Nothing interesting about overly-glorified walking simulator with below-average story and characters to even care.

I felt cheated when I bought it for more than 3 bucks and played it. It's the most overrated indie game to ever surface on steam.

Oh well.

orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

Here are codes for more golden keys.
I think thats a major problem of Borderlands 2. The weapons you usually find are totally bad compared to the ones you get with the keys. I had to play the games and get new weapons with keys almost every 7-8 levels, since the weapons I found were total trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom