• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Just got TF2, no idea how you play. I'm a total noob.

Pyro is a good starting class to learn the maps. You can use your knowledge of the maps to play Engineer later on.

Heavy is also another good pick since playing him is pretty simple: you just shoot stuff until it dies.

If you want to play a supporting role, play Medic.

Just don't try to play Spy as a newbie PLS.

what am i missing lol

u give me too much credit

SAM = Steam Achievement Manager

Momentary

Banned
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-980B0A05D23BB0BD - Taken by alr1ght - Taken by alr1ght. 219 entrants total.

n5H3vgy.gif

Damn! 219? I'm sure it's been higher than this, but I've never seen that many entrants for one game.

So, Metro 2033. 2€. Seems a bit of a corridor shooter(which i'm not a big fan of), but also seems to have married Stalker(which I do like). Ought I get it?

Posting for new page.

Yup, the steam keys will still be valid if you claimed the origin ones.

Thanks for reminding me. Forgot that I had an extra Steam key for it through that bundle, so here's my copy from my Steam inventory for someone to claim. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for CecilRousso:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mirror's Edge -- MB-4C813513B14E94B5 - Taken by TsuXna

Quick question about the giveaways of MGR:

Since the game has the no crossregion gifting flag, wouldn't the winner need to be from your region otherwise it doesn't work? Same for other games with that tag.

So are the original Metro games still going to be available to purchase after the Redux versions come out or will they be pulled from the market? Have they said anything about that? I want Last Light, but I was hoping to buy it for $5, maybe during the winter sale, but I'm a bit worried they're going to pull the existing versions from the store to sell people on the upgraded ones and it'll take a while before they drop in price again.

johnssy123

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for johnssy123:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax -- MB-5E208A2B4B5E3725 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff
;)

squidyj

big thanks to Derbene for giving away all of that Metro Last Light stuff and thanks for Ranger Mode, I'll be starting over to try it out sometime soon

robotrock

Banned
I'm looking at Steam prices right now and I have just noticed Naruto was $10 on Steam on June 19th. Was it a price mistake, flash deal, or community vote or something?

TsuXna

Pyro is a good starting class to learn the maps. You can use your knowledge of the maps to play Engineer later on.

Heavy is also another good pick since playing him is pretty simple: you just shoot stuff until it dies.

If you want to play a supporting role, play Medic.

Just don't try to play Spy as a newbie PLS.

SAM = Steam Achievement Manager
I like Soldier and Sniper, others are sooooo slow i can't take it T ^T. I've been playing in Orangebox so farm, will try other maps later.

That MGR desire.

You good people.

I like Soldier and Sniper, others are sooooo slow i can't take it T ^T. I've been playing in Orangebox so farm, will try other maps later.
You were mentioning wanting to sprint, so play Scout if you want quick run speeds. As Soldier you'll need to learn to rocket jump to get places quick.

TsuXna

Posting for new page.

Thanks for reminding me. Forgot that I had an extra Steam key for it through that bundle, so here's my copy from my Steam inventory for someone to claim. :)

omg omg omg!!! Thanks, wanted to try this game since i have seen Hover: Revol of Gamers

Anustart

Played about 5 minutes of skyrim, just to the end of the wagon ride, played an hour of FF VII and that's it so far. My ratio of browsing this thread, looking at steam inventory and playing games is way out of whack.

Though I haven't played FF VII since 1997, this is a real treat.

That's what I'm mainly waiting for as well.

Any reason you didn't hop in on the $7.50 deal for it before the sale?

Don't fuck with the senator.

Nanomachines, son.

Is that what one of the Ns in your name stand for?

Not gonna happen since SAM is a thing. :/

What? Yeah, so was save game downloading so you could easily get things to pop. I don't really think SAM has anything to do with it.

Since the card market's inception, valve makes the meta revolve around the cards because every card/item sale nets them income.

Such a good sale day for me.

Borderlands 2 GOTY edition
Battleblock Theater
Metal Gear Rising
Planetary Annihilation (on the fence, absolutely loved TA, liked SupCom).

Hey, I know you!

TsuXna

That MGR desire.

You good people.

You were mentioning wanting to sprint, so play Scout if you want quick run speeds. As Soldier you'll need to learn to rocket jump to get places quick.

oh, i meant Scout not Soldier, my bad. I've tried rocket jump but killed myself lol

Videospel

Reposting for late night GAF: So there is this tough as nails Steam RPG gem called Inquisitor that I bought yesterday and couldnt stop playing for 14 hours. I just put up a thread for it to convince some people to grab it for $3 before I go back to playing MOAR:

That looks better than I thought. I got it from Bundlestars but just assumed it to be really bad. I guess I'll redeem my key then.
And never finding the time to play it :(

MadGear

I'd like to remind people that I'm taking requests for games from the Russian store. You'll need to send the money in advance by PayPal gift in roubles (this is important) and I'll buy the game for you. Do check if the game you want is region locked beforehand though, it's entirely your responsibility. Exact same prices as the Russian store, no extras — I'm just helping you get the games on the cheap.

Talk to me on Steam (preferable) or send a PM. You can check the Russian prices by adding ?cc=ru to any Steam linke (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ru), go back to your store by similarly adding ?cc=xx to any link, xx being the code of your region (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us).

Is Valve actually OK with something like this i.e. are there no other risks involved except for the region lock on games?

These prices make my backlog shiver in fear.

Ventara

Guys, I'm on the fence with Sleeping Dogs. I have it on PS3, and this seems like a game I'd prefer playing with a controller (while I prefer to play with a keyboard and mouse on my PC). Are the differences between the PS3 and PC versions big enough to warrant the purchase on PC?

Reposting for late night GAF: So there is this tough as nails Steam RPG gem called Inquisitor that I bought yesterday and couldnt stop playing for 14 hours. I just put up a thread for it to convince some people to grab it for $3 before I go back to playing MOAR:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842309

Looks nice. Thanks for the recommendation.

Momentary

Banned
I love how Yaiba has NO deal going for it right now and there is NO price reduction from it's $60.00 release price. If it DOES go on sale, it will be at like 50% off. If it's 80% off I'll bite.

Jeremy

Can anyone tell me if the following games are region locked?

Kingdoms of Amalur
Tomb Raider

Or at least give me a way to find out if they are or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom