• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-980B0A05D23BB0BD - Taken by alr1ght - Taken by alr1ght. 219 entrants total.

n5H3vgy.gif

Hey look who it is!

tumblr_mfwv7folY91rxxhm5o1_500.jpg

3phemeral

Played about 5 minutes of skyrim, just to the end of the wagon ride, played an hour of FF VII and that's it so far. My ratio of browsing this thread, looking at steam inventory and playing games is way out of whack.

Though I haven't played FF VII since 1997, this is a real treat.

Last year, I played simultaneously. Had the game up on one laptop and the thread auto-updating on another. Whenever I'd spot something interesting, I'd switch my focus, but then go back to Skyrim/Civ V. :)

rtcn63

If he's coming from Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden/DMC4, I can see this as a feasible opinion. I've seen the videos for MGS, and it's more a combat-awesome-lite.

Anteater

Guys, I'm on the fence with Sleeping Dogs. I have it on PS3, and this seems like a game I'd prefer playing with a controller (while I prefer to play with a keyboard and mouse on my PC). Are the differences between the PS3 and PC versions big enough to warrant the purchase on PC?

higher resolution, framerate and textures on pc, you could use a controller for the pc version so basically it's the same game with better visuals and performance. Not much difference other than that. The ps3 version is below 720p and it's at 30fps though so I'd recommend the pc version.

Dambrosi

Banned
Thanks to everyone who taught me how to trade i=on the Steam black market!

Unfortunately, I didn't have the money for even one key, so I'll just wait for a daily. Oh well.

Can anyone tell me if the following games are region locked?

Kingdoms of Amalur
Tomb Raider

Or at least give me a way to find out if they are or not?

SteamDB.

Last I knew, Tomb Raider was not.

If you're not good with reading SteamDB, go to tf2outpost or another trading site, search for people selling the game as a gift trade for the lowest price. Look at their steam profile and search their inventory for it. If it doesn't have a warning on the item, you're golden.

If he's coming from Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden/DMC4, I can see this as a feasible opinion. I've seen the videos for MGS, and it's more a combat-awesome-lite.

I've seen videos, so I know how it plays!

Wrong.

Teggy

Well this showed up a few days late...

purple.jpg~original

Should I sell it now or wait for the next day that purple is supposed to win?

SaveFerris

Neo Member
Can the Battleblock Theater campaign be played with 3 players or just 2? Sounds like most of the content is for 2 players only.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, now I'm checking the prices and region locks on Steam games. Why do the prices have to be so much cheaper in russiabucks? :/

Yeah, despite looking like something like the other popular character action games I equate MGR as more of a God Hand. Combat's not especially deep but damn if it ain't fun and ridiculous.

Finalow

uh new thread.

apparently it's pink's turn to win this time.

*PixyJunket, harsh truth is harsh. pretending that bad-awful games are actually good and even better than great games ain't cool, son.

rtcn63

Yeah, despite looking like something like the other popular character action games I equate MGR as more of a God Hand. Combat's not especially deep but damn if it ain't fun and ridiculous.

I never finished God Hand. I remember some wise-Asian-bearded-master stereotype who whooped my patoot. And yet I somehow beat Shinobi on PS2.

Facism

nooo ns2 is a flash sale and all my regular servers are being infested with mute rookies unable to listen to instruction.

We're telling you things so you can learn the game and enjoy a little bit more. pls

AHA-Lambda

Does battleblock theatre get more challenging as it goes on?

The footage I've seen seems very simple, with almost no penalty for death. It seems that most of the enjoyment comes from the coop aspect :/

Altazor

Don't fuck with the senator.

damn, good giveaway.

As for my buys, Arkham Origins + DLC is one of them. Also, XCOM Enemy Unknown. I'll probably add Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition too.

Doesn't mean I'll play all of them. After all, who plays the games they buy on Steam sales anyway?

Redux is auto half off if you own the originals
I only own 2033 and I'm not really interested in replaying it, though I did like it a lot. From what I gather, that seems to be the only one of the two games getting any significant changes for the redux, too.

I could say the same thing about Bayonetta. I found the combat in MGR:R to be deeper than Bayonetta, at least in terms of what the game requires you to learn in terms of mechanics and options to play at a higher difficulty levels.

Look at all the various strategies people employ when it comes to their subweapon choice. I wanted the use the pincer blades up until I got them... and then I thought they sucked and went back to the pole arm. As I started to platinum the game for the first time and was looking for strategies, I found all sorts of things I never knew were even possible with them.

It may not have as many combos as a DMC or as many weapons as NG or Bayonetta, but it has clear cut situations where these weapons are useful and where the game is designed to encourage you to switch rather than just push through.

Once I got Shuraba and Lt. Col. Kilgore in Bayonetta, I hardly had any reason to use anything else outside of a fwe specific Alfheims.

Phew, just caught up!

First off: should I get Last Light now or wait a couple of years for Redux to go on sale? I don't know the exact differences between them, but I want the game for myself.

Second: is the Steam version of Fable worth buying? I hear there's this Anniversary thing coming up, but not for PC.

I'm settling on Betrayer and Sleeping Dogs for sure, as well as Amalur and some other games for a giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom