• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The nerd in me feels like pointing out that the only version of Street Fighter 4 that runs on MT framework is the 3DS one. And DmC is on Unreal, but yeah, they're all great ports.

I just meant capcoms PC ports in general recently

Grief.exe

DMC4 is amazing despite the repeated levels, just on the depth and refinement of the combat. I guess it can get away with it since when you see levels again you have a different set of tools. It's also a really good port; well worth the six bucks.

Were other Capcom games made on MT framework ported that well? It's really too bad DMC3 got such shoddy treatment.

DMC3 and the original RE4 port were done by Ubisoft I believe and were indeed horrible.

The recent RE4 port is quite good, however. Qloc even managed to dig up some graphical features that have previously been exclusive to Nintendo hardware.

I have also found the DMC3 port to be passable with the right amount of mods. Don't completely ignore an excellent game when many of the issues are easily fixable at this point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Then. . . it would be damn cool if they ported Dragon's Dogma. That game would be absolutely amazing on PC with some spit and polish - just imagining it makes me happy.

or UMVC3 (imagine the mods o_O). Sadly this dream is dead, and so is the dragons dogma one probably

OMG! I just won Trine 2!!!! Freaking out commence!!1!1!1!!!1121

You're the man, KevMan1815! I'll name my 14th child after you!

87582072.gif

Scoops

Banned
Warms the soul to see Spec Ops The Line in the top 4.

So far my haul:

Gone Home - $2.99
E.Y.E. - $0.99
Papers Please - $2.99
Stanley Parable - $5.99

Altazor

Frank Fontaine is the main antagonist of Bioshock 1 though. Ryan doesn't even get that honor and while we see his handiwork through the environments. As an actual antagonist, by the time the player visits Rapture, his working actions are extremely null. Lamb was a mother first and her vendetta with Delta is personal before all else. Her collectivist philosophy is but a vehicle to show how she rallied a Rapture in its post-Ryan chaos. While important, connecting it to her attitudes towards her family is the foremost concept in her character. She raised a theory to create order in her past and then focuses on the player personally to continue on.

Andrew Ryan, on the other hand, is nothing but his ideals which makes him a much more despicable version of caricature in my mind. He is presented fairly well (along as his writing on the wall in terms of Rapture's birth ), to be fair. However, a character of such importance to be given such a petty role compared to the godawful Fontaine and given such a lame link to the character ( mind control being the most cartoonish connection to objectivism) makes for a double jeopardy in terms of antagonists.

you raise valid points. How they handled Fontaine's character (or... actually, his whole existence) is up for debate until this day. The fact that he's pretty much a cartoon villain that (spoilers for Bioshock 1? If any of you has been reading this without playing the game, well...)
actually transforms into a cartoon villain for the final fight
is something I've never liked about BS1. It seems the plot threads that were dangling throughout the game are lost during that final quarter and they had to finish the game SOMEHOW. I liked the themes about unbridled capitalism and its (almost) inherent hypocrisy, free will vs predetermination, the illusion of choice in videogames and all that stuff that was seemingly thrown out of the window to be replaced with "let's kill that guy, he's a villain that has done pretty evil stuff".

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DMC3 and the original RE4 port were done by Ubisoft I believe and were indeed horrible.

The recent RE4 port is quite good, however. Qloc even managed to dig up some graphical features that have previously been exclusive to Nintendo hardware.

I have also found the DMC3 port to be passable with the right amount of mods. Don't completely ignore an excellent game when many of the issues are easily fixable at this point.

Ubisoft also did Onimusha 3.

DMC3 is an incredible game, and it's unfortunate that it got the port treatment it did, but yeah I'd still recommend it to people if they are willing to do a little legwork to get it running properly.

famfrit

hey thanks, but the code that I got was the same as the one listed here. Not the steam key..

Maybe some problem with the bot ?

ModBot said:
Instructions for famfrit:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-9D1F99E9A394B2FD - Taken by SZGF

antitrop

Sodapoppin was streaming it to 20k viewers yesterday, I was pretty excited about that. It was the 5th most viewed game on TwitchTV at the time.

That's like how many people bought the game at launch.

Ventara

I really am grateful. It's a game that I've had on my wishlist but kept holding off because knowing my luck it'll show up in an indie bundle.

I unfortunately can't name you after my 1st-13th children since they've been promised to others.
This is the joke, yes.

Toad.T

Banned
Has there ever been a time in which a community choice loser becomes a flash sale/daily deal? Because $4 for a bunch of Pacman games was a great opportunity.

Rhaknar

Grief, is there a reason you are never online on steam?

Ventara

So far my haul:

Gone Home - $2.99
E.Y.E. - $0.99
Papers Please - $2.99
Stanley Parable - $5.99

You bought Gone Home? I'm all for forming your own opinions, but the reviews for that one are overwhelmingly negative. Good luck, brave soldier. Report back if it's actually good.

Rhaknar

You bought Gone Home? I'm all for forming your own opinions, but the reviews for that one are overwhelmingly negative. Good luck, brave soldier. Report back if it's actually good.

...no, no they are not. In fact, its the complete opposite. If you are talking about the steam community thumbs up thing, then...then I have no more stakes in this conversation im afraid

famfrit

ModBot said:
Instructions for famfrit:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls II -- MB-9A303C53B91ABBC1 - Taken by 3phemeral

Everyone is welcome !

Rhaknar

that dark souls 2 key is lasting longer than expected for no raffle

unless modbot is down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom