• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still need to play Minevrva's Den. Bioshock 2 was never given a chance when Ken Levine was announced as not being a part of it. Better gameplay.

Bioshock 2 is the best Bioshock. Better game play, better story, even better levels. The ending is great. I found it to be very emotional and fitting.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh my god how am I supposed to wait for a daily, this game looks so fucking good!

I highly doubt DMC4 will be a daily when DmC is out. Last sale, DMC4's daily discount was 75% off, which is what it is now... also, to put it in perspective, DMC4 stayed 75% off when DmC was a daily. I also don't think DMC4 has ever been lower than $4.99 on Steam.

If I had to guess, DMC4 won't be going lower this sale. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to wait.

Bioshock 2 is the best Bioshock. Better game play, better story, even better levels. The ending is great. I found it to be very emotional and fitting.

q19B9.gif

Altazor

I prefer Bioshock 2's weapons, design (especially for traps), security modules (because fuck Pipe Dream) and pacing of the story. The largest caveat I place with the main story is the binary approach to morality (and issue the original also faces).

Besides that, the only things it lacks from the first are Andrew Ryan and the "initial take" of Rapture. Story is far more consistent that the shit drop that takes place in the first title, though it never reaches the weight of the infamous Andrew confrontation.

I thought Lamb was a horrible antagonist. It was like a bad stereotype of collectivist people, I thought she was absolutely ridiculous. Yes, Andrew Ryan was a caricature too, but I've met some (borderline) batshit insane libertarianists/objectivists that'd probably do almost the same stuff Ryan would in his situation. Lamb felt like more of a pantomime villain, a sort of "red threat" meant to compensate the political slant of the first game.

EDIT: Gameplay-wise, it's better than Bioshock 1, no questions asked.

this is off-topic but i need to share my despair

i just found out that metal wolf chaos was on an OXM disc, #39 to be exact, and i have that one so i was super excited and i ran to grab my disc

turns out that specific disc doesn't run on the 360

:(

antitrop

I thought Lamb was a horrible antagonist. It was like a bad stereotype of collectivist people, I thought she was absolutely ridiculous. Yes, Andrew Ryan was a caricature too, but I've met some (borderline) batshit insane libertarianists/objectivists that'd probably do almost the same stuff Ryan would in his situation. Lamb felt like more of a pantomime villain, a sort of "red threat" meant to compensate the political slant of the first game.

Yes, between Ryan, Lamb, and Comstock, Lamb is easily the least interesting of them all.

I need to play Minerva's Den.

Mokoi

Banned

i just found out that metal wolf chaos was on an OXM disc, #39 to be exact, and i have that one so i was super excited and i ran to grab my disc

Seems like your 360 is not american enough to handle Metal Wolf! or perhaps you're not american enough.

Milamber

Wish we had the huge banners of The Steam Summer Camp of yore. I liked seeing various game characters out of their element doing summer activities every day.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-B40FC973F16FE1AA - Taken by Junko
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-EB775C6608C422E6 - Taken by Facism

Enjoy!

Myshkin

Kitties in want of a good home...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Myshkin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tower Wars -- MB-24B84DC5DD22949D - Taken by fuzzy123. 5 entrants total.
Savant: Ascent -- MB-4A1E6FE8DC046C58 - Taken by vareon. 4 entrants total.
Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-04F22E70FA1ED297 - Taken by CreepingFear. 16 entrants total.
Final Rush -- MB-487F821A7FFAE795 - Taken by Evo X. 4 entrants total.
Time Gentlemen Please Ben There Dan That -- MB-E2796A9A02F0F3F0 - Taken by Coldsun. 2 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-060E37332E66383E - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space -- MB-6C88B74D1C2E801E - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Guacamelee Gold Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403584217z1.png

EDIT: Gameplay-wise, it's better than Bioshock 1, no questions asked.

Yup. I really liked the take on the "this is what happens in absolute capitalism" from the first game. Ryan almost felt like a misguided hero, rather than a villain. Lamb, on the other hand, was more of a "I'm going to do evil stuff just watch me" kind of villain.

No? He was so out of place.

I thought that the point was to show that there's always someone willing to do evil in the world, which is why complete capitalism cannot work.

famfrit

Who wants a Trine 2 code ?

ModBot said:
Instructions for famfrit:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Trine 2 -- MB-87AD187BF79A1E7D - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff

Sober

Hypotheticals, but there is a game I'm playing and every time I fall down into this specific valley, I can't get back up again. I have to restart. It seems like something that may or may not be fixed.
I would suggest just waiting for it to come out of Early Access and/or see how it's received afterwards or close to them announcing 1.0.

Early Access/Alpha and Beta Testing actually being occasionally buggy, unresponsive, and frustrating is a real thing and certainly not everyone's cup of tea. It's very rewarding if you look beyond "my game doesn't start now" but if that's not what you want, then just wait for it to come out of Early Access. Doesn't help that lots of big publishers recently have been pushing "BETA ACCESS" as a thing when it's really a demo build of a final product, and "ALPHA ACCESS" when it might be a late beta that's missing some minor things. It just confuses things for customers not aware of development.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

So pull your X-box out.

Or send the disc to me

YUP! I've always said this too. Not that the first one isn't great, but I really think it improved on it in all areas. It only got hated on because:
1. It was a sequel to a game that didn't need one.
2. It wasn't made by the same developers as the first one.
3. It wasn't new (as in, you returned to Rapture and wasn't a new experience or a new setting. It was somewhere you already have been to. It didn't have the mystery of finding out what Rapture was)

Salsa

the stanley parable's menu sounds are too satisfying

can I just do this? I already played the mod a lot

let me be with my keyboard signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom