• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late response but thank you very much Krusenstern for Max Payne 3!

Is there any single player DLC I should check out?

Almost forgot I made a giveaway. Congrats!

There is no single player DLC unfortunately. But the main game is meaty enough. Kept me entertained for 11 hours.

Amzin

Being apart of the PA alpha has been a joy, honestly. I've been playing it for a while and every time I come back to it after a couple months there is a bunch of cool new additions and fixes. The monthly alpha update videos the devs produce are something I look forward to at the beginning of every month.

I don't doubt it, it looks like a lot of fun. I just have so much to play right now and in the future that I haven't really thought seriously about buying another game like that. At the discount it hit this sale I'm pretty tempted though.

Eusis

Ah whoops, forgot what games were in HB3 and saw I didn't get that so I entered for that, and it seems I have all of them.

Well, I'll give whoever wants it in PM, and for reference these are the games:

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

EDIT: Note, OLD HUMBLE BUNDLE KEYS ARE ALL IN ONE.

EDIT 2: Gave it out.

didamangi

Spent about a hour playing Bound by Flame. I was still in tutorial mode when I stopped playing but I had a better time with it than I was expecting.

Combat didn't feel as brainless as some opinions I had read led me to think, with the two fighting styles, one slower but stronger and the other quicker but with weaker hits.
It's also not a bad looking (not a looker either, but I dig the style), although the model for the female main character is pretty off-putting, especially because of the really limited customization with 5 faces and 6 type of hair. The hair styles especially are quite ugly. Her voice is also on the annoying side and even though I changed the default name, people kept calling me Vulcan, not only in the subs but in the spoken dialogue too.
Yet I had fun, especially once I got to the second fighting style, which is more to my liking with it being a quicker type with the double daggers.

Vulcan is your nickname, I believe. My first impression about the game was similarly positive, especially the bit about the combat. But in the end everything about the game just falls apart and the combat system goes nowhere and gets really repetitive. But that's just me, hope you enjoy the game more than I do.

NotSelf

Why are there so many thumbs down for gone home? I found it to be a beautiful experience it's all about the.

wave_of_feels-18739.gif

Also castle crashers is awesome.

Ah whoops, forgot what games were in HB3 and saw I didn't get that so I entered for that, and it seems I have all of them.

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves
Is it an all in 1 thing? If not ill take VVVVVV

Sarobi

Banned

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

I can haz?

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
So there is no reason to craft badges until team-red day wins again?

Unless you are hoping for a team change card then certainly not. I lucked the hell out and was able to sell a purple team change for $9 on the the third day. I think they are mostly going for $5 or so now.

Anustart

I may or may not have mixed these keys up when feeding them to modbot..... Can't remember which was which? Is Rogue Legacy actually Bad Rats??? BAH! I can't be sure.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rogue Legacy -- MB-ACBD07322033D6CA - Taken by CreepingFear. 23 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-24D3609D7C24CA03 - Taken by Thezez. 7 entrants total.

t1403587969z1.png

antitrop

Why are there so many thumbs down for gone home? I found it to be a beautiful experience it's all about the.

I suppose a certain level of 90's childhood nostalgia vastly improves the overall experience, something not everyone can appreciate. And that other stuff, of course.

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

Crayon Physics please?

Did anyone else see that the 8-Bit Commando dev won't be giving Steam keys to people that got it in a previous Indie Gala bundle even though it's currently in an Indie Gala bundle? Pretty crappy.

Please give us Murdered Soul Suspect.

But I already did. derExperte took it. :3

So I'm working on getting Enhanced Steam up to snuff on the new API restrictions that Valve put in place to combat it. And while I understand their need to keep their API servers from being overloaded, it now takes over 3 minutes to highlight and tag everything correctly on the home page (for example). For those of you that used to it scan the entire store (empty search) it could potentially now take hours to process everything.

The requests are cached by your browser, so I'm also working on extending that cache - but the longer the values are cached, the higher the likelihood of them being wrong is. For example, if you purchase something off your wishlist, it will now be over an hour before Enhanced Steam changes the highlighting from "wishlisted" to "owned".

I suppose all I can do is make it conform with Valve's rules, and as much as I hate doing so, if people don't like it I can point the finger at Valve and tell them to contact Valve with their concerns. But, kinda sucks.

VALVE sucks? You mean the same VALVE that punishes people for cancelling pre-orders and having their money refunded? The same VALVE who seems to steal the best features from Enhanced Steam without tossing the creator who is a super fan of the company a job?

No way man, no way.

wave_of_feels-18739.gif

Also castle crashers is awesome.

It's better than Dear Esther by about 1000x... that's for sure.

Generally from all the "lol walking simulator" and "not a game" people.

See above.

Did anyone else see that the 8-Bit Commando dev won't be giving Steam keys to people that got it in a previous Indie Gala bundle even though it's currently in an Indie Gala bundle? Pretty crappy.
Pretty scummy. Glad I won it here and didn't contribute a red cent to that crooked idiot dev.
Still excited to play it!

Edit: Indie Gala's fault?

Dev: I sent out Steam keys to pretty much all the bundle sites where the game was featured. IndieGala is an exception and probably won't be giving out keys.
It does seem kind of strange that their latest bundle includes 8-Bit Commando, but they don't have keys for previous bundle owners.

It won't end well and he'll recant. Will probably rant about entitled purchasers, insult people on twitter and destroy his rep.

That's weird. Is it only indiegala? Cause I got a key from there or from indie royale, I can't remember which...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
More M&M money! I lost $.47 though from selecting goods instead of a gift through paypal I guess.

I have a feeling this is going to come back and bite us.

Ventara

If there are any losers here who haven't played Skyborn, an AMAZING RPG maker game, here's your chance.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-F7C945E5608113C5 - Taken by Azure Dream. 12 entrants total.

t1403588319z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone might want to PM stump about modbot being on the fritz so he knows when he wakes up

edit: 8bit commando dev is a sleazebag anyway, he only gave 1 8bit key to everyone, even if they had multiple bundles with it (basically the desura key)

What should I do gaf?

Option 1) Grab Wolf Among Us for me, Rogue Legacy to give away.

Option 2) Tomb Raider for me, another 4.99 game for me?

I actually recommend not buying The Wolf Among us, you might end up like I did and spend over $100 on Fables deluxe editions to find out what happens later ><

Also thanks for the Revengeance dlc tips guys.

That's weird. Is it only indiegala? Cause I got a key from there or from indie royale, I can't remember which...

Seems to be. He posted this in the Steam forums:

I sent out Steam keys to pretty much all the bundle sites where the game was featured. IndieGala is an exception and probably won't be giving out keys.
I've personally sent out keys to Desura users too but it got to the point where it became overwhelming since I was getting contacted by a lot of random people. Give it some time, I'll see what I can I do in your case.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Locked out of the steam market until the 29th because of adding a new payment option with the M&M money.

Not gonna bother adding it to steam anymore after that. Just gonna send myself amazon gift cards with it. 2 phones per day and this promotion not ending until august... heres hoping I can get myself some PS4 games this way, but not liking getting locked out of the steam market for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom