• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Don't bother. Whenever multiple giveaways happen within a short period of time, ModBot becomes really slow. The standard procedure is to wait it out naturally.

no1_terminator2.gif

I blame Salsa's giveaway for MEGAGIVERS.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

EDGE -- MB-6F38BEEE94F7ABDB - Taken by C.Dark.DN

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

EDGE -- MB-6F38BEEE94F7ABDB

Holy shit, he's definitely drunk...

Morning guys, sold no cards while I was sleep :(

Me neither. Thanks Obama VALVE.

Hugstable

Banned
ModBot finally decided in my favour! I now have BadRats to show for it! (Thanks Anustart!)

LOL congrats on that! Seeing people give out Bad Rats makes me want to Giveaway my Pat & Mat, but whenever I use Send Email to get the code... it doesn't send it all. It's only this one game that's doing it, and I think it's a sign.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what a weird thing to call me out on... I guess I could then say "and you could have PMed him instead of telling me not to tell people to PM him" and we would go back and forth forever.

it wasnt even lazyness, Im just not affected by this and more importantly have no actual examples like the affected people do.

But I guess you are technically right, I could have PMed him myself and say "I think modbot is on the fritz because reasons", so...sorry?

again, what a weird thing to get hung up on

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
VALVE sucks? You mean the same VALVE that punishes people for cancelling pre-orders and having their money refunded? The same VALVE who seems to steal the best features from Enhanced Steam without tossing the creator who is a super fan of the company a job?

No way man, no way.

It almost makes me sick to think what my inbox is going to look like when this release goes live - people are not going to like it. I don't like it either. But I can either throttle the API calls, or I've been threatened that they'll remove all Enhanced Steam's users access to Steam, so I guess it's better than nothing and my hands are pretty much tied.

My enthusiasm for getting a job at Valve has gone down quite a bit since this whole thing started, honestly. I think that opening a dialog was nice, but rate-limiting your API and threatening to cut off user's access without giving me a chance to implement the changes you suggest... that just seems disingenuous.

Salsa

the stanley parable is fun

got a couple endings but im too tired to keep on for today. already surprised at the scope compared to the mod

Thezez

Banned
It almost makes me sick to think what my inbox is going to look like when this release goes live - people are not going to like it. I don't like it either. But I can either throttle the API calls, or I've been threatened that they'll remove all Enhanced Steam's users access to Steam, so I guess it's better than nothing and my hands are pretty much tied.

My enthusiasm for getting a job at Valve has gone down quite a bit since this whole thing started, honestly. I think that opening a dialog was nice, but rate-limiting your API and threatening to cut off user's access without giving me a chance to implement the changes you suggest... that just seems disingenuous.

It is a really crappy situation. You suggested users voice their concerns to Valve, what is the best way to go about doing that?

linko9

Sorry, can someone explain to the this 5 team points-making thing? Why is the winner every day a huge blowout, with all other teams having pretty much the same number of points? I'm very confused; is there just a lot of message board collusion, and on one day, everyone gets the word out that it's time for blue team to craft all their badges today?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, can someone explain to the this 5 team points-making thing? Why is the winner every day a huge blowout, with all other teams having pretty much the same number of points? I'm very confused; is there just a lot of message board collusion, and on one day, everyone gets the word out that it's time for blue team to craft all their badges today?

That's all it seems to be, just collusion to have every team win twice. Nothing more, nothing less.

I managed to pick up several of those $6 MasterCard things that were making the rounds before. Problem is that I used so many that Steam won't accept them anymore. So I used them to buy some Amazon gift cards.

I've got $24 in Amazon gift cards and $13 in GMG Credit. ARMA 3 is on sale for $30. If anyone thinks they'd like to try and work something out let me know.

Caerith

For all that they've implemented other stuff you've done, the least they could do is implement the features you have to cut, too.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

People were talking about that, but the sheer amount teams are winning by is too much for even a decent sized group of forum-goers/redditors/etc. to be swaying.

Basically, it's almost assuredly a fixed contest by valve.

3phemeral

It's not much, but with how generous everyone here is, I'm trying to find every possible thing I can do to give back!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skyborn -- MB-E3EADF0F8384AAD0 - Taken by nacimento. 8 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-5D0D76AB7D5494AD - Taken by thebloo. 8 entrants total.
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-D619A05D6CEAC541 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 3 entrants total.

t1403589371z1.png

Lain

Why are there so many thumbs down for gone home? I found it to be a beautiful experience it's all about the.

wave_of_feels-18739.gif

I'll tell you what some of the top rated thumbs down on my Gone Home Steam Store page boil down to (they are in Italian, so different from what most of you guys get):
Costs too much for what the game is. The game is short, it's a narrative game and with the level of praise it received by many, the story ended feeling banal even if the users liked it.
Those feel like understandable reasons for giving it a thumb down in my opinion, even if I haven't played the game so I don't know if I'd agree with them.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Sorry to hear. I know I'm just some random gaffer, but I like and use (and will continue to use) Enhanced Steam. You're doing great work.

Sounds shitty.

I still remember the Valve that would love people to try everything possible to make Steam a better experience...
I wonder what happened.

To me it seems Valve puts more and more shit into their client. I am not sure how the client works, since I dont have a clue about I.T., but is it still in the core the same client from 2003?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It is a really crappy situation. You suggested users voice their concerns to Valve, what is the best way to go about doing that?

the problem here is, voice their concerns about what exactly? A third party mod that tells people when its best NOT to use steam and instead use other stores?

Im surprised they havent shut it down tbh, from a business standpoint it makes no sense. Not defending them btw, just looking at the reality of it and what little jshackles or the users can do about it

I started watching The Wire on Amazon Prime Wednesday. So despite spending $120 on the steam sale I haven't installed any of them. Damn this show is addicting.

I started watching The Wire on Amazon Prime Wednesday. So despite spending $120 on the steam sale I haven't installed any of them. Damn this show is addicting.

People always recommend that show to me, but I haven't taken the plunge. Maybe now that I finally finished Season 2 of House of Cards...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'm not sure honestly. Steam support isn't going to know what to tell you (guaranteed you'll get the "check your LAN settings" autoresponder) and I don't feel like I should be sending an army of angry people after the guy who made the decision to make the change, maybe I'm just too nice.

GabeN, maybe? If Valve had a "community manager", I'd say you should start there, but they don't.

Spinluck

It really sucks to see Valve react this way :(

Thanks for your efforts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom