• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I delete or fully recover Steam Cloud saves? It's fucked up on me for the last time, can't access Tomb Raider saves from this computer even though it's the only computer I've ever played it on. Everything is "corrupted data" or can't be accessed on the cloud.

Truly pissing me off and I just restarted TR and the game froze on me. I'm at boiling point since I'll need to start AGAIN unless I can find those saves. I just wanted simple Playfire rewards.

Spinluck

Very fun game. One of the best stealth games I have played in a long time.

The game looks and feels incredible so far, just finished the tutorial stage and playing with my 360 pad since I prefer pads for most 2D games. Really liking it so far.

The DLC is one stage correct? Would you say it's worth it at its current price?

Thanks!

ev0

I always eye the Scribblenauts but am always too cheap to get them haha.

Glad to see some people enjoying Gone Home. Divisive I know, but I liked it.

Colby

Shit, you can only use one M&M crediton steam and then you cant get any more steam funds at all? Bummer increased.
I got to my fourth before it locked me out. Just Amazon gift it to yourself. If I had known how easy it was to do that, I'd have done that from the start. I mean, I don't care at all about the market, but having limits on my account for using reward money legitimately is a little upsetting. I'm sure others feel the same way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thank you, everyone, for the help. Is there a way to delete these cards so Steam doesn't permanently lock me out of the Market?

Yes, but deleting the card won't remove the week-long restriction; however, if you have a previously-verified credit/debit card, you can delete the M&M card details and re-add said previous card to lift the restriction. Alternatively, I'd assume adding $5 to your wallet using a new credit/debit card would replace the restriction imposed by using the M&M card, and since you'd be using a proper card you could then manually verify it (this requires telling Steam the amount it deducted from the account the card is tied to) and thus lift the restriction, however if you're not likely to use the $5 then you'd need to ask yourself if spending $5 to access the market again is worth it.

Toshin

looks like I'm on the red team.....what do I need to know!?
yeah I'm late to the party...kinda semi new to steam too...but willing to help my team...gaf initiate! : )

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-ED93FD4A962E8B23 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-87887280C68FBDBB - Taken by DJSebolski. 15 entrants total.

t1403591471z1.png

Reminder.

The game looks and feels incredible so far, just finished the tutorial stage and playing with my 360 pad since I prefer pads for most 2D games. Really liking it so far.

The DLC is one stage correct? Would you say it's worth it at its current price?

Thanks!

I used a controller for it as well. I think it's definitely easier that way. And I never did end up getting the DLC so I can't speak for its worth, but if you hold out during the sale it may go even cheaper at one point.

Anustart

Question about Wolf Among us. How many episodes are left? 1? Trying to debate whether I should start it now or wait. I had a blast with walking dead season 1 when I played it all at once, season 2 is driving me nuts with the wait.

Question about Wolf Among us. How many episodes are left? 1? Trying to debate whether I should start it now or wait. I had a blast with walking dead season 1 when I played it all at once, season 2 is driving me nuts with the wait.

Yes, one episode left due in July I believe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

2 left

$h@d0w

Spent about a hour playing Bound by Flame. I was still in tutorial mode when I stopped playing but I had a better time with it than I was expecting.

Combat didn't feel as brainless as some opinions I had read led me to think, with the two fighting styles, one slower but stronger and the other quicker but with weaker hits.
It's also not a bad looking (not a looker either, but I dig the style), although the model for the female main character is pretty off-putting, especially because of the really limited customization with 5 faces and 6 type of hair. The hair styles especially are quite ugly. Her voice is also on the annoying side and even though I changed the default name, people kept calling me Vulcan, not only in the subs but in the spoken dialogue too.
Yet I had fun, especially once I got to the second fighting style, which is more to my liking with it being a quicker type with the double daggers.

Severely underrated game, I enjoyed it immensely.

Yes, but deleting the card won't remove the week-long restriction; however, if you have a previously-verified credit/debit card, you can delete the M&M card details and re-add said previous card to lift the restriction. I'd assume adding a new credit/debit card and adding $5 to your wallet would replace the restriction imposed by using the M&M card, which you could then manually verify, however if you're not likely to use the $5 then you'd need to ask yourself if spending $5 to access the market again is worth it.

I tried that myself but I keep getting hit with "An unexpected error has occured". My restriction ends with a little time left in the sale luckily. Has anyone found any websites that sell Steam Wallet cards that accepts Amazon Payments?

It almost makes me sick to think what my inbox is going to look like when this release goes live - people are not going to like it. I don't like it either. But I can either throttle the API calls, or I've been threatened that they'll remove all Enhanced Steam's users access to Steam, so I guess it's better than nothing and my hands are pretty much tied.

My enthusiasm for getting a job at Valve has gone down quite a bit since this whole thing started, honestly. I think that opening a dialog was nice, but rate-limiting your API and threatening to cut off user's access without giving me a chance to implement the changes you suggest... that just seems disingenuous.
Bleh, crappy situation. Enhanced Steam is incredibly useful, as borne out by the 1M+ installs. Still, I understand their hard-line stance if Enhanced Steam has gotten so popular the features are hammering their servers and are causing or on the verge of causing performance problems for the service overall. I don't have access to their internal metrics since I don't work there (duh), but I can totally see that being the reasoning. Some of the blame does fall on Valve - they're a very successful company, but the steam client/site hasn't been shown much love. If they wanted to, they could implement some Enhanced Steam features natively with - I'm assuming - lower performance cost, and imo it's always better to have a native solution for generally useful features rather than making users rely on scripts or extensions. Of course, I'd never expect them to officially add the price comparison stuff, and I have no idea which parts of Enhanced Steam cause the most load.

Colby

Yes, but deleting the card won't remove the week-long restriction; however, if you have a previously-verified credit/debit card, you can delete the M&M card details and re-add said previous card to lift the restriction. Alternatively, I'd assume adding $5 to your wallet using a new credit/debit card would replace the restriction imposed by using the M&M card, and since you'd be using a proper card you could then manually verify it (this requires telling Steam the amount it deducted from the account the card is tied to) and thus lift the restriction, however if you're not likely to use the $5 then you'd need to ask yourself if spending $5 to access the market again is worth it.
Thank you Josey. I will try this and report back. Like I said earlier, the market doesn't affect me much, but the idea of having restrictions on my account bothers me.

That;s a good deal on that mouse but I have no idea if the mouse is actually decent

its razer so VERY hit or miss.

I have that exact model and have had it over a year, might be closer to 2 years and i love it to the point if it breaks tomorrow id have no qualms replacing it with same model.
I also read ALOT of complaints so its a very YMMV type of deal

Mono

How do you delete the M&M CC info? That was the first CC info on my account, so I'm not sure if I can delete it. I'm not seeing an option for it.

Paertan

Been holding pretty tight to my wallet so far. Only bought a few games. But tomorrow is the 25th which means payday. And it is a big one. Hope something good comes!

ev0

My roommate has one. All he plays is league but the thing holds up.

its razer so VERY hit or miss.

I have that exact model and have had it over a year, might be closer to 2 years and i love it to the point if it breaks tomorrow id have no qualms replacing it with same model.
I also read ALOT of complaints so its a very YMMV type of deal

Cool thanks for the info guys. My old Logictech G500 is still holding strong but it might be nice to try something else. Esp about $20 minus the free Steam card.

I'll think about it between trying not to spend too much on the Steam Sale

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bleh, crappy situation. Enhanced Steam is incredibly useful, as borne out by the 1M+ installs. Still, I understand their hard-line stance if Enhanced Steam has gotten so popular the features are hammering their servers and are causing or on the verge of causing performance problems for the service overall. I don't have access to their internal metrics since I don't work there (duh), but I can totally see that being the reasoning. Some of the blame does fall on Valve - they're a very successful company, but the steam client/site hasn't been shown much love. If they wanted to, they could implement some Enhanced Steam features natively with - I'm assuming - lower performance cost, and imo it's always better to have a native solution for generally useful features rather than making users rely on scripts or extensions. Of course, I'd never expect them to officially add the price comparison stuff, and I have no idea which parts of Enhanced Steam cause the most load.

Yes, exactly. I'm torn because (as a server admin by day) I can also totally see where they're coming from and feel like the API limits are at least somewhat justified.

But since they've brought it to my attention, I've spent almost every waking hour improving the code to reduce the number of API requests that the extension makes - I've created a functioning local cache that prevents the same request being made to 1 per user, per hour, per game. I've also completely eliminated the API calls required for the Early Access banner functionality.

Perhaps once these features are in the release versions of Enhanced Steam, Valve might let up on their stance a little bit.

The issue is highlighting. The now synonymous green (owned) and blue (wishlisted) highlighting of games on the store pages. It's something that absolutely they should be doing themselves, which as you said would eliminate Enhanced Steam's reliance on this particular API completely. With the new API limit, even with caching, it's almost too slow to even be useful.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

EDGE -- MB-6F38BEEE94F7ABDB - Taken by C.Dark.DN

I got trolled. Re-list it drunk modbot please.

Colby

How do you delete the M&M CC info? That was the first CC info on my account, so I'm not sure if I can delete it. I'm not seeing an option for it.
I don't think it's possible. I tried adding my main credit card manually and by attempting to buy a game, but in both cases, it wouldn't go through. There are four M&M cards listed as needing verification, but they aren't listed as saved cards. If it's only a week-long lock, that's fine, but does that means I have to get through the rest of the sale with my remaining wallet balance, or is it still possible to add Steam card money from a card purchased at a brick and mortar store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom