• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm locked out of the market till the 28th. I used one of the M and M cards that I won on Saturday.

I was thinking "credit card blockage" was different and meant no other credit could be used to add to the steam wallet or buy a game.

I'm going through the process trying to verify my personal credit card to try and bypass the two mastercards it is asking to verify. Not sure if I'm locked out of the community market for a week or not, but that's not a big deal to me.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
looks like I'm on the red team.....what do I need to know!?
yeah I'm late to the party...kinda semi new to steam too...but willing to help my team...gaf initiate! : )

If you see that Team Red is in the lead on this , go ahead and craft a badge so you get a point and qualify to possibly win your top three Wishlist games.

The rest you can just read on that FAQ page.

Shit, you can only use one M&M crediton steam and then you cant get any more steam funds at all? Bummer increased.

Looking at this whole credit thing, I would recommend to those of you in the States to just spend it on Amazon instead of Steam. Amazon has been price matching Steam Sales for the most part after all.

Ibuki

Banned
Are you not seeing this on your account page?

steamccyskwc.jpg

I already deleted it and re-added my previously verified card. Still boned with no market access. Why steam I am a loyal customer. ;_;

If it's only a week-long lock, that's fine, but does that means I have to get through the rest of the sale with my remaining wallet balance, or is it still possible to add Steam card money from a card purchased at a brick and mortar store?

You can still add funds with a steam wallet code with a marketplace lock.

Mono

Are you not seeing this on your account page?

steamccyskwc.jpg

Nope, not for the M&M one! That box wasn't there after I redeemed it, but when I noticed I was locked out of the market, I added a real card, which shows up there. Not the M&M one though, even though it still shows up on the verification page.

I don't think it's possible. I tried adding my main credit card manually and by attempting to buy a game, but in both cases, it wouldn't go through. There are four M&M cards listed as needing verification, but they aren't listed as saved cards. If it's only a week-long lock, that's fine, but does that means I have to get through the rest of the sale with my remaining wallet balance, or is it still possible to add Steam card money from a card purchased at a brick and mortar store?

I'm pretty sure you can still add more funds.

Ibuki

Banned

In my case I can still add funds with my new card, and buy games. You can't buy things from the market, sell things on the market, and any gift copies of games you buy are untradeable until your market ban is lifted.

Silky

Banned
Damage done so far:

Dark Souls (Gift)
Nether (Gift)
Skyrim
The Darkness 2 (Gift)
Battleblock/Castle Crashers (gift)
Marlow

Most of my damage has been done in gifting. Still waiting on that Strider price drop....someday...

Can someone explain Steam Cards/Badges to a Steam N00b.

Play Games > Get Cards > Craft Badges > Get Swag. (Custom emoticons, coupons for games, showcases for your Steam profile, higher chances at random foil drops.)
You can also get cards by buying them on the marketplace.

Can someone explain Steam Cards/Badges to a Steam N00b.

K thnx.

image.php

Click on your name and go to Badges. From there you need to complete the card set completly. Some game drop cards. 3 or 4 the most. Depending on how many cards the games got on it. When you complete the set you can craft the badge and Level up. Its kind of like an achievement on Xbox or Trophies on PSN. You also get stuff like exclusive smileys and BG Wallpapers.

If you got 2 of the same cards, you can sell them on the market or trade it with someone else.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You seem to not take advantage on Steam Sales and buy them at full price. Right? Right? Anyone?

I buy a game at full price if:

- It hasn't gone on sale in donkey's years (e.g. Darkest of Days)
- The pre-order incentive is something that is potentially exclusive to pre-orders (e.g. Rayman 2 being bundled with Rayman Origins pre-orders)
- It's a game I'm highly anticipating (e.g. The Witcher 3)

Spinluck

Well, I'll take my time to read this lol.

Click on your name and go to Badges. From there you need to complete the card set completly. Some game drop cards. 3 or 4 the most. Depending on how many cards the games got on it. When you complete the set you can craft the badge and Level up. Its kind of like an achievement on Xbox or Trophies on PSN. You also get stuff like exclusive smileys and BG Wallpapers.

If you got 2 of the same cards, you can sell them on the market or trade it with someone else.

Sounds cool, thanks guys.

Mono

In my case I can still add funds with my new card, and buy games. You can't buy things from the market, sell things on the market, and any gift copies of games you buy are untradeable until your market ban is lifted.

Can you not gift inventory games with a market ban, or are you just not able to trade them?

JaseC

Nope, not for the M&M one! That box wasn't there after I redeemed it, but when I noticed I was locked out of the market, I added a real card, which shows up there. Not the M&M one though, even though it still shows up on the verification page.

Ah, bugger.

Yeah. The idea behind the market restriction is that it insures Valve against having to reverse payments given to market sellers in the event that the funds added to the wallet are reversed due to the card being stolen.

Katoki

_hekk05

Banned
So last night I bought the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle out of spite.. Now I wake up and find its not even in my inventory. Gonna send volvo a support ticket

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Checked out the account page out of curiosity after seeing JaseC's... this can't be right. I refuse it.

8akk8ES.png

isnt that showing the full value of your games, and not what you actually paid for them?

JaseC

Checked out the account page out of curiosity after seeing JaseC's... this can't be right. I refuse it.

8akk8ES.png

How have you managed to spend $24k on the store but only amassed 490 games and 311 pieces of DLC? That's an average of more than $20 per piece of content.

Ibuki

Banned
Thread is flying so I hope you see this but it works if you manually add the $50 Steam Card and the mouse to your cart. If it doesn't work, clear the cart and then try it again and it should show because it the Steam card zeroed out on my end so I can confirm it working.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/valve-s...=6577073&productCategoryId=pcmcat253500050003

Thank you for this! It worked like a charm and it is even offering in-store pickup as early as Tomorrow (Today). I am so tempted, why does my mouse have to break right in the middle of the sale, then this insane deal appears.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Can you not gift inventory games with a market ban, or are you just not able to trade them?

When I had a market ban for using a new payment method I could still trade. However when I had a Steamguard lock I could not use the market nor trade

Chavelo

Hey, guys. I had some spare keys laying around. Hope you get something that you like! :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chavelo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Dungeons of Dredmor -- MB-9FB3497008EF95CB - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 4 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-1569008F6D223E87
Dead Space -- MB-53CA42AA30B4F44E

t1403602817z1.png

Cerity

How have you managed to spend $24k on the store but only amassed 490 games and 311 pieces of DLC? That's an average of more than $20 per piece of content.

Absolutely no idea. The large majority of my games were from bundles or <$20. Probably only 5-6 were more than $30.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that also only tracks what you spent on steam directly correct, so any keys from GMG and whatnot dont count

im afraid to check mine :(

JaseC

that also only tracks what you spent on steam directly correct, so any keys from GMG and whatnot dont count

im afraid to check mine :(

I was tracking my Steam-related spending entirely last year, including bundle purchases and trader purchases, however I forgot all about the spreadsheet after the Summer Sale. I was supposed to give it a better go this year, but I forgot to even start, haha. Maybe next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom