• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, day six is purple team's day. I suppose I should be excited.

posting store transactions huh, thank god im going to bed

bye!

XTXx00K.gif

Ventara

Just checked and over the past 2.5 years I've been on Steam, I've only bought 19 games. Pretty good self-restraint. Though I do have a bunch from indie bundles.

Saganator

that also only tracks what you spent on steam directly correct, so any keys from GMG and whatnot dont count

im afraid to check mine :(

I was afraid to check mine too, but I was actually surprised. $1900 and 210 games in my library, so about $9 average transaction... not too bad!

Salsa

well before bed:

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for SalsaShark:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-E63936008DD8637F - Taken by NotSelf

t1403652932z1.png

here's my proposition to you:

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

the game could be something else....... ;)

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

dale

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm surprised they didn't replace the Lego Movie game in the voting with something else.

I want it to win so bad, I shall take a screenshot and savor the day that steam had the same game as daily deal AND a community vote at the same time

well before bed:

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

dale

i have entered

prepared for a bad ratting

2SeeKU

isnt that showing the full value of your games, and not what you actually paid for them?

Nope, uses the info from the "STORE TRANSACTIONS", "GAME TRANSACTIONS" and "MARKET TRANSACTIONS" tabs on the same page.

The gift purchases will be out as it won't know what was actually given out and ot added to own library.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was afraid to check mine too, but I was actually surprised. $1900 and 210 games in my library, so about $9 average transaction... not too bad!

yeeeeeeeeeeeah... I dont have 210 games in my library. If I did I wouldnt be scared ^_^

well before bed:

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

dale
Entered, I already have Bad Rats.

Knurek

I want it to win so bad, I shall take a screenshot and savor the day that steam had the same game as daily deal AND a community vote at the same time

Speaking of LEGO games, anyone thinks Hobbit and Movie will get a price decrease down the line? They are kind of pricey, even at 75% off, when compared to superior LotR, Batman 2 or Marvel games...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the Adventure - Comedy CC is going to win for the sheer novelty of The LEGO Movie being available twice for one cent more.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of LEGO games, anyone thinks Hobbit and Movie will get a price decrease down the line? They are kind of pricey, even at 75% off, when compared to superior LotR, Batman 2 or Marvel games...

They're Lego games, so yes.

Hobbit might take a while longer because of the eventual DLC supposedly planned.

Ventara

well before bed:

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

dale

If it turns out to be Bad Rats, can we refuse the win?

Cerity

ah, figured it. It adds the whole currency value and doesn't convert it. I just bought Planet explorers (269.2 RUB) and store transactions has gone up to $24,108

3phemeral

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-63A1C6F9E1EF9E95
Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm -- MB-9BC7852D1D9C0F50
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-4983C366B44B1C7A

t1403678767z1.png

As with the previous post, make sure to IM me if modbot issues out some funky key. You should be receiving humble bundle links. :)

Lain

What if it comes as a flash as well once the deals switch around? Now that would be epic.

Rhaknar

ah, figured it. It adds the whole currency value and doesn't convert it. I just bought Planet explorers (269.2 RUB) and store transactions has gone up to $24,108

im trying to get it from Putin myself, are you actually Putin, or do you know Putin?

Rhaknar

What if it comes as a flash as well once the deals switch around? Now that would be epic.

OH SHIT

edit: oops, double post, im sorry. Thats how excited I got at the idea o_O

The little bit of this game I played really reminds me of Morrowind. Might be the giant mushrooms or and the inventory system.
Maybe it was the huge monster bird that chased me for hours, just like a cliffracer.

It's really promising though and I enjoyed what I played.

Do you have to do something special to see how much you spent on Steam?

I only see this in my account page;

11652ad777.png

You have to install the Enhanced Steam plugin.

Was somewhat afraid to check mine, but I'm sitting at $719 with around 300 games. It would be far less, but I started buying games on release this year and it's been pretty rough on my wallet.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Let's see...

I have 600 steam games.
About 75 of those are from GMG, GG, and Amazon
I have spent $1262 on Steam directly

Factoring my usual price tolerances, gifts to me, and bundles... probably no way I have spent over $2k. Thus, I have only spent an average $3.33 per game, probably actually less.

Seeing that makes it not feel so bad, and yet also reveals the power of nickel & diming. As my backlog grows, I become more aware of what it takes in a product to actually get me to play it. Quality over quantity is becoming real to me, yet also the perspective of the "library" in a true sense is as well. Such a strange psychological phenomenon to observe in oneself...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Well I play Left 4 Dead a lot, so I can tolerate that at least. What's up with it. Like, buggy as hell, or...?
There's some kind of link to Warz. That pay 2 win, dayz ripoff, false advertising scam game. It apparently shares models, assets, and there's a link to an attorney that holds Warz trademarks. Iunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom