• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

I just got an extraordinary mythical gift in DotA 2 for crafting a summer badge.

Should I sell it? Not sure if this stuff goes up in value after the sales over or what.

LiK

Is Dust: An Elysian Tail any good? I'm looking for some good indie games to catch on sale ( Bit fatigued with the AAA stuff honestly. I think 5 is enough for the sale) and the animation instantly caught my attention. I checked the indie recommendation thread as well, but didn't see much word on it.

it's fantastic! Made by a Gaffer too.

UncleO

Is Dust: An Elysian Tail any good? I'm looking for some good indie games to catch on sale ( Bit fatigued with the AAA stuff honestly. I think 5 is enough for the sale) and the animation instantly caught my attention. I checked the indie recommendation thread as well, but didn't see much word on it.

Got it on xbox last month, the game is incredible.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard of people double and triple dipping, but this is a little overboard.

You think Jace's Pat & Mat obsession was bad...

It's good, a little rough around the edges in places (ie. I found the platforming to be a bit iffy at times), but still quite solid.

Sini

Another time
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broforce -- MB-443D0C2B88E97367 - Taken by Necromanti
Steam Marines -- MB-322D12C55F00201D - Taken by outunderthestars
Steam Marines #2 -- MB-6361053848B2C60C - Taken by Purkake4
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition -- MB-0A59FD2709E1C554 - Taken by cHinzo
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut -- MB-A063766286169688 - Taken by Shalashaska
Braid -- MB-AFC91F154AC75223 - Taken by Leg-End

t1403477415z1.png

I enjoyed the combat in Dust, but I did not enjoy the constant voice acting.

It's an upgrading beat-'em-up with light exploration elements. If you can look past the...questionable...artstyle I'd say give it a go.

AHA-Lambda

I loved it personally, a beautiful game with great animation, and it's a really solid example of metroidvania plus the story was pretty engaging I felt too.

Was one of my favourite games of 2012.

denx

Dust is one of SteamGAF's favorites. Made by a gaffer too. Go get it.

I got it on Mac... And it crashes on the first campaign *facepalm*

Tried to look up some fixes for your problem, but couldn't find any for Mac. Most people that got crashes using Win7, said they fixed it by updating Windows. But that's a Windows only fix.

Maybe try playing it in windowed mode? In Sleeping Dogs, I couldn't play it unless I was widowed. It always crashed after 10mins of play if it was fullscreen.

What's this Mars thing I keep seeing referenced?
M&Ms text message promotion/contest. Text MOVIE to 78787 from a US cell phone for a chance to win a $6 prepaid mastercard. If you win, you get a choice between $6 on-demand credit and $6 online streaming credit - pick the streaming option for the prepaid card, the other one gives you a credit on your cable bill. You can enter once per day until sometime in august, the 15th I think.

Edit: It ends August 10th. The prepaid cards expire August 31st, so make sure to use them.

Orca

Haven't gotten anything in the sale yet, but I'm tempted by Planetary Annihilation. Any word of mouth from GAF?

didamangi

It's very good. I have finished it and like it very much.

Although if you're looking for the best metroidvania game on Steam, I personally think Valdis Story is way better than any other games of its ilk on steam.

In any case, waiting for a daily/flash/community for em both is the wise thing to do.

TsuXna

Tried to look up some fixes for your problem, but couldn't find any for Mac. Most people that got crashes using Win7, said they fixed it by updating Windows. But that's a Windows only fix.

Maybe try playing it in windowed mode? In Sleeping Dogs, I couldn't play it unless I was widowed. It always crashed after 10mins of play if it was fullscreen.
Hm I'll try that thanks. I've contacted 2K about the issue they said another Mac developer provides support for it. They still haven't replied.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
M&Ms text message promotion/contest. Text MOVIE to 78787 from a US cell phone for a chance to win a $6 prepaid mastercard. If you win, you get a choice between $6 on-demand credit and $6 online streaming credit - pick the streaming option for the prepaid card, the other one gives you a credit on your cable bill. You can enter once per day until sometime in august, the 15th I think.

It ends on August 10th, to be exact.

Not enough people are playing THE SHIP.

Let's change that, shall we.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-1B63EE7CF8D6C944

t1403484664z1.png

I kinda find more and more joy in giving.

Get in on that giveaway up there. Broforce is awesome.

And, I know that Flashback had a remake that was categorically shit. But, I heard that you could play the original if you slogged through the remake part of it.

Has anyone played it and could say one way or another if it's worth picking up? I hear the uPlay function was hell... was it as bad as it seems?

And I'm a sucker for counter/reversal moves as well. I love them in SF3, I love them in Tekken, and I love them just about anywhere. That ability to not just block and attack, but to reverse it and turn it into offense and change the momentum?

sogood.gif
id8TftILus8Qy.gif

I'm all about that life. It's why I love that MGR doesn't have a traditional block mechanic and even in the input reinforces that you're trying to push back and retaliate when you're getting attacked.

zkylon

zkylewd
also the incest into magic powers thing made me want to check out demonicon but alas creepy spiders

I think this is why i don't like Bayonetta as much as others. Don't get me wrong, I'd buy the hell out of it if it gets a PC port and I'd really like to check out the sequel, even with Bayo's horrible new haircut.
see now that's controversy

Red

I try over and over but never win.

i cry everytim

hawk2025

Arkham Origins runs AND looks better than Arkham City for me.

I don't know what gives, but locked 60 with everything maxed feels goooood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom