• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

I expect the thread locked by the time Italy wins today.

KcuXb3k.jpg

But it's impossible. Today is the day blue wins.

BUT WHICH BLUE???

SephiZack

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Planetary Annihilation -- MB-662F5E352D2F281B - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 46 entrants total.

t1403594176z1.png

I didn't even buy the game for myself because I don't know what it is, but one of my friend was so hyped I wanted to give it away

BY2K

Membero Americo
Reminder: Just Cause 2 giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for BY2K:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-5E366000E60B860E

t1403597417z1.png

Be brave and just do it
ZrKbeSL.png

Hey man.. Saw your pic. Couldn't help but notice your balance. I racked up on some of those mastercard things but Steam won't take them. I bought $30 worth of amazon gift cards with them. Would you be interested in purchasing ARMA 3 for me in exchange for the $30 in gift cards? You'd also get 3 Summer Cards while you're at it if you're into those.

Eusis

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

the game could be something else....... ;)

or it could not

let the games begin
Whoops, didn't fully pay attention to the rules.

Though to my credit I mainly looked at Bad Rats and went "yes this is a piece of crap and I'm morbidly fascinated to play it." Something GOOD might actually be a disappointment!

Scrum

well before bed:

here's my proposition to you:

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

dale

With my kind of luck I will win and it will be Bad rats....

Dryk

Hey man.. Saw your pic. Couldn't help but notice your balance. I racked up on some of those mastercard things but Steam won't take them. I bought $30 worth of amazon gift cards with them. Would you be interested in purchasing ARMA 3 for me in exchange for the $30 in gift cards? You'd also get 3 Summer Cards while you're at it if you're into those.
I try to avoid Amazon when I can help it. Australian shipping rates are just dire. Sorry :\

Evo X

Hey, I buy a ton of stuff on Amazon. I could help you out. What's your steam profile?

Ventara

Kind of a random question, but what can you do with cards, other than sell them? I mean, why do people buy them? I just saw I have a few in my inventory with the sell button on the right and I'm thinking of selling.

ImSooFlye

Kind of a random question, but what can you do with cards, other than sell them? I mean, why do people buy them? I just saw I have a few in my inventory with the sell button on the right and I'm thinking of selling.

Craft badges to make your steam level higher and to participate in the race to help your team.

I feel like I say this every sale, but the games on sale have not interested me in the slightest. Maybe 1 or 2 games I'm interested in and I can probably hold off. Eh.

drgambit

Banned
This sale really hasn't done anything for me. Sure I picked up a few titles, but I guess I want steeper discounts on some gaems.

On the plus side, it finally took me a couple of years to get into the Witcher, so I am playing that like crazy before Wild Hunt comes out.

Saganator

You got to play them on day one!

Its mostly indie games that have been out for little while. Just looking at the Steam Store front page I see, Skyrim, Surgeon Simulator, Just Cause 2, Rogue Legacy, FTL, Planet Explorers, Gone Home, and South Park I paid full price for.

kurahador

Played FTL to kill time. This fucking game man....urghh...difficulty level means shit to this game.

It's all about how long you survive until RNG decides to punch you in the face.

AsylumX

Been playing a little bit of BattleBlock Theatre and wow, just wow. It has been a pleasant surprise, easily my best pick of the sale. I urge everybody to pick, at least until it's on sale, if you like platformers and goofy games.

Ferrio

Banned
Been playing a little bit of BattleBlock Theatre and wow, just wow. It has been a pleasant surprise, easily my best pick of the sale. I urge everybody to pick, at least until it's on sale, if you like platformers and goofy games.

Intro alone is worth the price.

Dryk

Saganator

Played FTL to kill time. This fucking game man....urghh...difficulty level means shit to this game.

It's all about how long you survive until RNG decides to punch you in the face.

Not sure how much as changed with the new additions to the game, but before, whenever I got a scrap collector early in the game, my chances of winning sky rocketed.

In my case I can still add funds with my new card, and buy games. You can't buy things from the market, sell things on the market, and any gift copies of games you buy are untradeable until your market ban is lifted.
You also can't cancel market listings. Any listings that are up can still sell though.

Also you can still trade cards provided you are not on a new device. This fact can be used to finish the Summer Sale badge (as you can't sell the cards because they will expire by the time the marketplace ban lifts) or just give away those cards if you are not able to earn enough (though you can complete the badge with spending nothing and crafting nothing, provided you got 1 for joining a team and then all 9 for voting >=27 out of 29 times on community choice votes).

Ibuki

Banned
You also can't cancel market listings. Any listings that are up can still sell though.

Also you can still trade cards provided you are not on a new device. This fact can be used to finish the Summer Sale badge (as you can't sell the cards because they will expire by the time the marketplace ban lifts) or just give away those cards if you are not able to earn enough (though you can complete the badge with spending nothing and crafting nothing, provided you got 1 for joining a team and then all 9 for voting >=27 out of 29 times on community choice votes).

I bought Watch Dogs and I was supposed to get 6 more cards. Don't know if it was because of my ban but I didn't get any. My plan was to get the cards dirt cheap on the last day and craft the badge since the ban ends slightly before the sale does.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Is there an m&m money thread? Maybe there should be. I've been looking on reddit, Cag, and slick deals to monitor worse repercussions..

JustinBB7

Haven't actually bought much yet to my surprise. My wishlist is the biggest it's ever been but nothing really caught my eye for a good price yet. Almost jumped on the far cry pack though.

Well, went to add the last of my M&M winnings to my account. First one worked, but I now get an error when trying to enter these last two cards. I get this:

An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support.

Looks like Valve is officially blocking me from adding Steam wallet funds =/
Is there any good workaround here? Any sites that let you buy digital Steam wallet cards through Amazon payments?

well before bed:

here's my proposition to you:

or it could not

let the games begin

dale

Oh! salsa you shark..

3phemeral

New-page repost:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-63A1C6F9E1EF9E95
Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm -- MB-9BC7852D1D9C0F50
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-4983C366B44B1C7A

t1403678767z1.png

As with the previous post, make sure to IM me if modbot issues out some funky key. You should be receiving humble bundle links. :)

Reposting for new page, sorry:
Well, went to add the last of my M&M winnings to my account. First one worked, but I now get an error when trying to enter these last two cards. I get this:

An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support.

Looks like Valve is officially blocking me from adding Steam wallet funds =/
Is there any good workaround here? Any sites that let you buy digital Steam wallet cards through Amazon payments?

trolho

Neo Member
4Soye32.png

Am I doing this right?

Why do I have 15.44 as market transactions in one place and 55.66 in the other. I have no idea what I'm looking at. lol

Do note that those 30.79 on game transactions were probably TF2 keys I bought for trading. Then again, I thought I had bought only about 10 keys or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom