• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Watch Dogs and I was supposed to get 6 more cards. Don't know if it was because of my ban but I didn't get any. My plan was to get the cards dirt cheap on the last day and craft the badge since the ban ends slightly before the sale does.
Are you level 8 or over? You need to be to get Summer sale cards (you know to stop people mass creating new accounts or using ones from years gone by)

I am still getting cards from community choice voting and drops from games despite the marketplace ban.

Yeah, the "cut scenes" are hilarious and I only played it for like an hour. I hope the keep up with it during the whole game.

The humor isnt that good in the middlegame cutscenes. But they are important for the ending.

It gets better towards the ending with the humor and then you get one of the finest endings ever.

Well, went to add the last of my M&M winnings to my account. First one worked, but I now get an error when trying to enter these last two cards. I get this:

Looks like Valve is officially blocking me from adding Steam wallet funds =/
Is there any good workaround here? Any sites that let you buy digital Steam wallet cards through Amazon payments?

Hopefully you don't get boned like the rest of us and get locked out for a week :\

Hopefully you don't get boned like the rest of us and get locked out for a week :\
I already have the week-long Marketplace ban. It still let me add that one last $6 before blocking me from adding funds as well.

I'd listen to the error message and contact support, but we all know I wouldn't even get looked at before the ban's lifted.

Kaleinc

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Landmark -- MB-907CBB94D41D72FB - Taken by TsuXna
The Ship -- MB-979ECC26980283AC - Taken by Atraveller
Dead Island Epidemic #2 -- MB-3ACB6193BEAB061A - Taken by Vodh
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-76B0F78C1D892A1C - Taken by SephiZack
flies.gif

Volimar

Hey, I buy a ton of stuff on Amazon. I could help you out. What's your steam profile?

cFLQElW.png

Ibuki

Banned
Are you level 8 or over? You need to be to get Summer sale cards (you know to stop people mass creating new accounts or using ones from years gone by)

I am still getting cards from community choice voting and drops from games despite the marketplace ban.

Yep, I'm level 22 and I have successfully gotten cards from a handful of prior games I bought during this sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
#Firstworldproblems

Jase, with your Steam OCD I'm surprised you haven't leveled that badge more than once already ;P

I like to maintain consistency with the game badges. If I had a level 5 CS:GO badge but a level 69 sale badge it'd drive me nuts. ;)

I was about to buy Gone Home because I heard some praise for it back in the day but then I saw the ratio of good/bad reviews, surely it must be some kind of record?

4zEYX75.png

Volimar

LOL.

wtf is this and what does it have to do with my post?

I just saw it on imgur, and you mentioned amazon...

Enough of a connection for me!

:p

I was about to buy Gone Home because I heard some praise for it back in the day but then I saw the ratio of good/bad reviews, surely it must be some kind of record?

4zEYX75.png

It's suffered a lot as one of the poster children for the "games that aren't really games" backlash. Despite that, I've heard a lot of people enjpy it. I keep telling myself I'll get it one day, but I really need games with more replay value.

Evo X

4zEYX75.png

Ignore the haters. Hive mentality going on over at Steam. The game might be a hit or miss for you, but it's worth the $3 to experience and decide for yourself.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

4zEYX75.png

the amount of people I saw today that listen to that stupid system is... disturbing. On Gaf of all places :/

Ignore the haters. Hive mentality going on over at Steam. The game might be a hit or miss for you, but it's worth the $3 to experience and decide for yourself.

3$ for that is still to expensive. Wait for 1$ Humble Bundle Tier.

the amount of people I saw today that listen to that stupid system is... disturbing. On Gaf of all places :/

This "thing" deserves it. 1 hour "game" with a shitty story where you can accidentally get the ending in 2 minutes? YEAH SOOOO GOOD.

kurahador

4zEYX75.png

I blame it on ppl who keep recommending it and reviewers hyping up the mystery.
I was one of those who really disappointed by how the story turns out tbh.

milena87

4zEYX75.png

I liked the game. Most of the negative reviews I saw were because of the price / lenght ratio.

I'd agree that I wouldn't pay full price for it. But I bought it for less than 4€ and I thought it was worth the money.

JustLynx

Good morning!
Another reminder...

Attention!!!
This Steam key is restricted to US CA MX PR BS PA BZ CR SV GT HN NI VE CO GY SR GF BR PE BO PY UY AR CL EC
Please don't enter if you're not from those countries...
Good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272

t1403633764z1.png

Gone Home has the wonderful combination of suffering from endless "not a real game" backlash with many people also being(minor spoilers)
homophobic
. The latter of which was the main point of contention of the steam forums that I saw when it came out.

Kadin

Gotcha. So what's the best way to do this? Just buying Amazon giftcards and emailing them to yourself $6 at a time and then spending those on Amazon?
That's exactly what I was initially doing until I added them to the Steam wallet. And now with it maybe not working going forward, I might go back to it. Can always find something on Amazon.

trolho

Neo Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fez -- MB-9C2D401016D71680 - Taken by Arren. 8 entrants total.

t1403597168z1.png

Not much, but first giveaway. Someone might not have this game yet. lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Gotcha. So what's the best way to do this? Just buying Amazon giftcards and emailing them to yourself $6 at a time and then spending those on Amazon?
I feel like If I get more I'll make a new amazon account.

I don't want all of my main accounts to get shat on if this goes south. The terms does say "participating locations".

Water

Heads up people: for the next 16 minutes, Inquisitor is 85% off at GoG.
The price is $2.24 = 1.65e, and that's the deluxe version with the soundtrack, artbooks and all! The price of the deluxe version at Steam even with -66% sale is 4.41 euros while non-deluxe goes for 3 euros.

Toma's glowing review and random strategy tips here

SephiZack

Steam is saying i can't buy/sell things on the marketplace because I used a new payment method... but I didn't? I'm still using the same credit card since forever. Anyone had this problem?

It also happened 2 days ago but it disappeared after some hours

kurahador

Heads up people: for the next 20 minutes, Inquisitor is 85% off at GoG.
The price is $2.24 = 1.65e, and that's the deluxe version with the soundtrack, artbooks and all! The price of the deluxe version at Steam even with -66% sale is 4.41 euros while non-deluxe goes for 3 euros.

Toma's glowing review and random strategy tips here

Or...you could get it from a bundle here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom