• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

You know what needs to be done.

yxkvZbW.jpg

Are you suppose to get a 'receipt' from Modbot if you enter a giveaway?

You're only notified if you win.

Please tell me the qualitative merits of the length in relation to how good a game is.

A game that starts with
"Im at home. Nobody here"
and ends with
"My sister is a lesbian"
in like 2 audio messages cant be that good.

Also 1 hour for exploring without any real interaction is just plain boring. Dear Esther was the same but at least that game gave us some beautiful landscapes and something to think. Gone Home just throws us some messages at some random order at us in a normal house with nothing really interesting to see. Also the story isnt that interesting.

Oh, looks like I'm now locked out of even spending what Steam wallet funds I have left over?

That's fun.

Edit: Oh, it's just an entire lockout from buying anything on Steam whatsoever. Even more fun. You know, Valve, an email or message to this effect would be useful. I'd like to know why and for how long my account is broken. Something more than a generic "oops, something messed up!" would be nice.

BHK3

Banned
How do you riposte in witcher? So far I've just been mashing my 99 light hit combo and throwing fire, the little icon for riposte hasn't been appearing at all when I hold the parry button.

thebloo

Heads up people: for the next 16 minutes, Inquisitor is 85% off at GoG.
The price is $2.24 = 1.65e, and that's the deluxe version with the soundtrack, artbooks and all! The price of the deluxe version at Steam even with -66% sale is 4.41 euros while non-deluxe goes for 3 euros.

Toma's glowing review and random strategy tips here

Grabbed. Thanks

Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

click
click

Larva Mortus -- MB-BB43D08CDA2D01B7 - Taken by somnific
Sanctum TD -- MB-2BFBE6930AEAEF87 - Taken by benrichardson
2 games i've just got sitting in my inventory, someone have at them!

I generally do not like games like Gone Home, but I wouldn't be surprised if, like Lucas Pope's success, the product itself is really damn good at presenting a particular story or theme. The same goes for The Stanley Parable, which is in my eye the first and last game to tackle its subject matter, such is how simultaneously clever and redundant the concept is.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Last call!

ModBot said:
Instructions for BY2K:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-5E366000E60B860E - Taken by bodyboarder. 28 entrants total.

t1403597417z1.png

Ibuki

Banned
I gotta get to bed guys, love you all! Enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam gift. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-FF13E5DB00E1121E - Taken by ImSooFlye. 4 entrants total.

t1403597819z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Till Stump goes mad and programs Modbot to taunt the losers.

"You really thought you were gonna win? HAHAHAHA"

"Why don't you have one of your friends give you the game? Oh that's right! HAHAHAHA"

lol, the second one is mean!

hepburn3d

Finger crossed that Kerbal Space Program gets the community vote. I really want to gift that game to a friend. Had so much fun with it. Amazing game. Such a great feeling landing your first kerbal on the mun. Now getting back, that's an entirely different feeling.

Go Team Purple!

Arren

Just a random question: is it statistically possible for a game whose price was already sliced off by 75% to receive a further discount with a daily / flash deal?

For example there's La-Mulana that I'm very interested in, but right now I'm holding off for the possibility of a better deal.

Chariot

Just a random question: is it statistically possible for a game whose price was already sliced off by 75% to receive a further discount with a daily / flash deal?

For example there's La-Mulana that I'm very interested in, but right now I'm holding off for the possibility of a better deal.
I believe yes.
You should wait in any case, except when it's Bad Rats or Marlow Briggs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Gone Home proves that it is

Arren

Biggest thanks to trolho for his generous giveaway of Fez!

I've always wanted to try it out, despite my genuine antipathy towards its author. Thanks again for allowing me this chance for free! :)

Volimar

Probably not, but it goes till the 30th, so WAIT FOR THE DAILIES YOU BASTARDS!!!!

aScaris

La-Mulana had the 75% during the whole winter sale and went on sale for 90% if I recall correctly. So yeah, the chance should be there :)

I hope those games get some further discounts : Soundodger+, Magicka, OMG Zombies, Cloudbuilt, Long live the queen, Year Walk, Farsky, Retro Game Crunch, Broforce,Völgarr,Always sometimes Monster, Pac Man, Half Minute Hero 2, Fist Puncher and Super Puzzle Platform Deluxe.

If i activate the steal 100 points token...do i also get those 100 points? relevent since im on team blue

meh its only a few cents....does anyone know ?

why? blue's so far in the lead and the number of points you score doesn't increase your chances at winning the top-3 games from your wishlist. as long as you score at least one point you're fine

da rulez said:
Winners: Sponsor will select thirty (30) winners by random drawing from the point-scoring members of the winning team for each of the ten (10) days. Drawings will be held within 24 hours from the end of each period.

trolho

Neo Member
Biggest thanks to trolho for his generous giveaway of Fez!

I've always wanted to try it out, despite my genuine antipathy towards its author. Thanks again for allowing me this chance for free! :)

Enjoy!

Let me know if there is a problem or something redeeming the game. Since it is my first giveaway, I want to have sure I did everything right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom