• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope those games get some further discounts : Soundodger+, Magicka, OMG Zombies, Cloudbuilt, Long live the queen, Year Walk, Farsky, Retro Game Crunch, Broforce,Völgarr,Always sometimes Monster, Pac Man, Half Minute Hero 2, Fist Puncher and Super Puzzle Platform Deluxe.

I am sure Magicka will get one.

Long Live the Queen and Broforce were also in a communitys sale that lost, so they should also reappear somewhere sooner or later hopefully.

Also hoping for Half Minute Hero 2.

jediyoshi

Thank god won more m&m bucks

Putting the rest to PSN credit through Amazon since I'm too scared to touch my Steam account with new cards at this point

I am sure Magicka will get one.

Long Live the Queen and Broforce were also in a communitys sale that lost, so they should also reappear somewhere sooner or later hopefully.

Also hoping for Half Minute Hero 2.

-40% was Broforce right? I hope it gets at least -60% in a daily sale. Or Price error would be perfect.

ArjanN

Gone Home has the wonderful combination of suffering from endless "not a real game" backlash with many people also being(minor spoilers)
homophobic
. The latter of which was the main point of contention of the steam forums that I saw when it came out.

Pretty much this.

There's probably people who genuinely didn't like the story or think it's too expensive for how much time you get out of it, but it's pretty obvious most of the criticism comes from the above.

I'd really just love to see some organised GAF community rally against the planned wins with either just total anarchy against the 'prescribed' winner for that day or an agreed other team.

Just for the hell of it really, to see if there's enough to combat the other guys.

What's with these Dead Island Epidemic beta keys? Anyone else get them? Not sure where they came from or how long they've been there.

rLCIeKx.png

Volimar

I'd really just love to see some organised GAF community rally against the planned wins with either just total anarchy against the 'prescribed' winner for that day or an agreed other team.

Just for the hell of it really, to see if there's enough to combat the other guys.

I'd rather have a shot at winning.

CassSept

La-Mulana had the 75% during the whole winter sale and went on sale for 90% if I recall correctly. So yeah, the chance should be there :)

Worthy of note, Gone Home was -75% the entire sale and it went even lower (-85) during the current flash sale so yeah it's certainly possible.

Derp

Addictive - Moddable won. Still waiting on Guacamelee and Dust: An Elysian Tail and then i'm finished with Steam sales.

Couldn't you add the funds through paypal somehow?

That's what I'm doing. I got locked out of the community market until the 30th from using the pre-paid card. They are trying to verify it or something. So I've been adding funds through Paypal for now and everything seems fine I hope.

Garcia

That's what I'm doing. I got locked out of the community market until the 30th from using the pre-paid card. They are trying to verify it or something. So I've been adding funds through Paypal for now and everything seems fine I hope.

I was locked out from the market during the whole winter sale because I decided to change my password a week before that.

I know how bad that feels. :(

I was hoping Lego would win, just to see the reaction on Gaf.

Also why is Kerbal Space Program still only 40% off, I hoped for at least 60% this sale.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
woohoo, my first purchase: Spec Ops: The Line. Always wanted it.

I got this free with another purchase at GMG a while back and didn't get around to playing it for ages, I started it up recently and I'm enjoying it a fair bit. I've seen a lot of threads on it so I'm looking forward to seeing how the story progresses.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I won Gone Home earlier today. I played through it, Steam says in about 2 hours but I think it must have been longer because there were some breaks where I left it running.

I enjoyed it!

I can see why it's divisive--it only does a handful of things, mechanically and narratively, but does them well. But if you don't get anything out of that handful, you're gonna feel like you're wasting your time and that anyone who did enjoy it is crazy.

It's also pretty difficult to talk about what's appealing about it, without taking away some of the impact as it's purely a narrative title.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Can anyone who's played most of the Lego games tell me how the Movie game compares to the others? I've enjoyed all the others in the series, but I've heard this one lacks a bit of charm.

Can someone explain to me why everyone is so high on Spec-Ops? I played a bit of it back then on PC. Seem like your average shooter.

If you only played it for a bit, you haven't really experienced what the game is going for. The longer you play the game, the more it clicks. Saying anything more really gives away a lot of what makes the game great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom