• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

It'll be straight up criminal if Mystery - Point & Click doesn't win. Syberia for a dollar. Blackwell Legacy for a silly 50 cents. 50% off Kentucky Route Zero - a sale it's had before - but with the recent release of the 3rd episode more people will probably jump on it (and should).

I personally already have Syberia and KZ0, and if/when I buy Blackwell it'll probably be the bundle, but that is a great set of deals.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hold off on crafting till the last minute tomorrow, I have a feeling the 'meta' might troll on whoever is winning (i.e. day2)

Yeah, I won't craft it until the deals are about to change over.

You need to register with IRS if you sell more than 200 items in a year on Steam? F that noise.

If you're in the US, you need to provide Valve with your social security information, yes; otherwise, you just "sign" a digital form declaring you're not a US resident for tax purposes and you're left to your own devices.

Tizoc

It'll be straight up criminal if Mystery - Point & Click doesn't win. Syberia for a dollar. Blackwell Legacy for a silly 50 cents. 50% off Kentucky Route Zero - a sale it's had before - but with the recent release of the 3rd episode more people will probably jump on it (and should).

I personally already have Syberia and KZ0, and if/when I buy Blackwell it'll probably be the bundle, but that is a great set of deals.

Having played all 4 Blackwell games earlier this year I cannot recommend them enough, they are among the best PnC games I've played, simple but entertaining. Good voice acting and characters too, and the pixel art/graphics is well done.

Purkake4

Banned
If you're in the US, you need to provide Valve with your social security information, yes; otherwise, you just "sign" a digital form declaring you're not a US resident for tax purposes and you're left to your own devices.
Oh? Didn't see that option, not in the US. Will look harder.

Water

You need to register with IRS if you sell more than 200 items in a year on Steam? F that noise.

I was confounded by that when I hit the limit at the beginning of the sale, because the link to "give necessary information" just took me to my regular profile page, with nothing in sight to actually enter extra info. After a while and several tries the link finally worked and gave me the correct dialog, and since I'm not a US resident, it turned out not to be a big deal, just had to enter a street address and that's it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So what's the best way to use the M&M's money on Steam now? I'm already locked out of the market until the 29th from using my first one, and now I read that some people are having problems adding the money to their Paypal as well. Dammit I just want to get Long Live the Queen. :(

EDIT: FUCK, I just realized that since I'm locked out of the market, I can't buy the TF2 keys I was gonna use to get Broforce either. Shit. =/

So I'm looking at my cart with two items currently in it, but it's not showing me how much buying those games will add to my summer sale progress. Anyone else in the same situation?

FloatOn

as tempting as kentucky fried chicken would be I have this thing about not buying episodic games until they are all out.

the netflix model has ruined me.

Zeliard

The store link for certain games has disappeared from the community tab entry... similar to as if they've been pulled from steam. Very annoying!

I noticed that as well when clicking on games from my wishlist. Quite bizarre.

Having played all 4 Blackwell games earlier this year I cannot recommend them enough, they are among the best PnC games I've played, simple but entertaining. Good voice acting and characters too, and the pixel art/graphics is well done.

It's very likely I'll pick up the bundle. I have Blackwell Legacy and played a good bit of it. Quite enjoyed my time but other stuff came up and I never got back to it.

as tempting as kentucky fried chicken would be I have this thing about not buying episodic games until they are all out.

the netflix model has ruined me.

you mean it's saved us all.

but I can wait too, since the sale price hasn't budged. we might be waiting til the whole thing is out, which is perfectly fine with me.

I noticed that as well when clicking on games from my wishlist. Quite bizarre.

It's very likely I'll pick up the bundle. I have Blackwell Legacy on GOG and played a good bit of it. Quite enjoyed my time but other stuff came up and I never got back to it.

i wonder if the new one will see a decent discount. i'll probably still wait.

Poetic

So what's the best way to use the M&M's money on Steam now? I'm already locked out of the market until the 29th from using my first one, and now I read that some people are having problems adding the money to their Paypal as well. Dammit I just want to get Long Live the Queen. :(

Just use the card to buy the game you want. There's a billing address in the PDF. I had issues using it as a credit card.

Arthea

I was curious why Starforge is flash deal. Isn't a game already dead?
And another foreverEA Kerbal is too here.

Also noticed that all EArts games have -50% discount. More dailies incoming?

Monooboe

theoneprocent_by_monooboe-d7nqfaz.jpg

Haha, just need ONE MORE game!:D

it seems I can't add a custom amount of funds to my Steam Wallet by using Enhanced Steam, I'm getting the same "..try again a minute later" error over and over

Chariot

nobody can say for sure, but as summer cards disappear when this sale ends, don't hold on it for too long.
No, sell it now. Every summer card so far fell in price faster the closer to the end, because everyone tried to sell their cards before they vanish.

oipic

horrible and scary thought just struck me
When Anno 2070 was on sale, Anno 1404 had -75% discount, didn't it?

Fear not, you didn't miss anything - Anno 1404 was the same 40% off throughout.

I'll be jumping on this the moment it has any sort of deeper sale, and picking it up on the last day if it doesn't.

Arthea

Fear not, you didn't miss anything - Anno 1404 was the same 40% off throughout.

I'll be jumping on this the moment it has any sort of deeper sale, and picking it up on the last day if it doesn't.

thanks Odin, I thought I missed good discount on it
thank you too!

No, sell it now. Every summer card so far fell in price faster the closer to the end, because everyone tried to sell their cards before they vanish.

Not really, card prices were fluctuating all the time before the end too, some people just don't care that they disappear, that's why prices never really plummet down.
Foils are another story, it's better to try to sell them now, because they sell not as fast as regular cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom