• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
xOeQKSg.jpg

Edit: Ignore me. The GAF lied.

Angryhead

Neo Member
Unfortunately not even this sale, or the fact that I'm dying to play Divinity Original Sin (which is sitting, installed, in my library), has been able to cure me of my CK2 addiction. GAF, send help.

Divinity is supposed to properly launch on the 30th and I've heard that current saves will be incompatible, so you're probably better off not playing it quite yet.

Ben Weary

Neo Member
Is it completely insane for me to continue hoping the Sierra games ever make it into the daily or flash sales? (Yes, it is)

I don't actually know why I want to rebuy them for the millionth time, though!

Xanathus

the price will drop as more people get the card. sell it now.

nobody can say for sure, but as summer cards disappear when this sale ends, don't hold on it for too long.

I swear the odds of gettting a foil anything are about 0.001% sell sell sell!

No, sell it now. Every summer card so far fell in price faster the closer to the end, because everyone tried to sell their cards before they vanish.

Yeah that makes sense since there's an expiry date, I initially thought they'd be like the previous summer sale cards that didn't expire.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Heavy Bullets -- MB-DF80C16AF959DE40 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 25 entrants total.

t1403615520z1.png

Givin' back. (Code's been sittin' around a little bit. Hope it still works)

Jme

I'd be surprised if Rockstar don't switch to steamworks or something for GTA4 now that GTA5 is confirmed for PC but in case they don't all you have to do is make an offline profile or use xliveless crack

It seemed like it only let me use "offline" for Rockstar stuff, and still requires me to sign into Live.
Using a crack is not an option. Unless that "crack" is an official patch.

mclem

Is the link in the cards page for the summer sale which details the current lowest price for the card from Steam or Enhanced Steam? While the price may be right, I've noticed that the link is wrong (for all cards it's pointing at the foil version of #5)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Unfortunately not even this sale, or the fact that I'm dying to play Divinity Original Sin (which is sitting, installed, in my library), has been able to cure me of my CK2 addiction. GAF, send help.

CK2 is the best game ever. You do not need to be cured of anything

Divinity is supposed to properly launch on the 30th and I've heard that current saves will be incompatible, so you're probably better off not playing it quite yet.

Ah right, thanks for the info, I'll hold off for a bit. Back to conquering Europe and India as the restored Roman Empire it is for me then.

None of those flash sales that had a game I wanted to get has won a vote yet.

So far I've spent like 87 cents on this Steam Sale , that's it.

I feel you bro. I'm in the same boat, wanted Assetto Corsa and BG2: EE but both votes lost and every other one I've voted for has lost. Might just vote for the one I don't want, that'll show 'em.

I'm currently progressing through Dark Souls II. I'm just wondering, when I'm done with DSII, if it's worth it play the PC version of Dark Souls which is a daily sale right now. I've read how much of a step down Dark Souls is graphically.

Kifimbo

Previous winner didn't want it or already had it, so giving it again after nuking it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kifimbo:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legend of Dungeon -- MB-144617EEC1614891 - Taken by Arren

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I wish I sold all my cards before I got banned from the marketplace from using m&m cards. Can't sell until July 1 and verify doesn't work BibleThump

Not counting my years-old account w/ plenty of games that got fucked because I did a four-pack with mates and PayPal declared it "fraud" (never used PayPal since) and got my Steam account closed, I feel I'm doing pretty okay:

0858c51e6d.png

Arren

Previous winner didn't want it or already had it, so giving it again after nuking it.

Thanks a lot for your generous giveaway !

I had only seen sparse and vague information about this title, but it actually appears to tick all the necessary boxes for my roguelike thirst. :)

oti

Banned
What are your "holding back until last day" games my friends? Games you'll definitely buy at the last day but hope for a daily/flash before then.

Mine are:
Pac-Man Championship all you can eat
Last Remnant
Enslaved
2D Bionic Commando

Dascu

What are your "holding back until last day" games my friends? Games you'll definitely buy at the last day but hope for a daily/flash until then.

Mine are:
Last Remnant
Enslaved
2D Bionic Commando

I've been meaning to pick up Killer is Dead and I probably will, even if it doesn't get a further discount.

What are your "holding back until last day" games my friends? Games you'll definitely buy at the last day but hope for a daily/flash until then.

Mine are:
Last Remnant
Enslaved
2D Bionic Commando

Deadly Premonition, Alone in the Dark, and BloodRayne betrayal. Im sure that seems like a weird list but I need them for videos.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Yeah, outside money and I also used to play the TF2 key market to trade for games. Plus I unboxed a $200 unusual after purchasing my first 2 keys, which funded a whole lot of games.

I did a rough estimate some time ago and came to the conclusion that I did spend around ~33€ per month since I'm using steam.

Thats 2178€ in five and a half years or 1,31€ per game, not that bad overall :)

And I think it was actually less in reality, so Its not the most expensive hobby out there :p

Sini

Am I cool now?
9HZyg.png

9HZDL.jpg

9HZMz.png

I spent those 50 euros on CSGO case keys. Yes, that wasn't smart thing to do.
And I bought lots of TF2 keys from market.

Knurek

I'm currently progressing through Dark Souls II. I'm just wondering, when I'm done with DSII, if it's worth it play the PC version of Dark Souls which is a daily sale right now. I've read how much of a step down Dark Souls is graphically.

JackieChanWTF.jpg?
If anything, Dark Souls has a better graphic design/direction, and works almost as good as DSII does with Durante's Mod (minor problems if you want to play with 60fps aside).

CK2 is the best game ever. You do not need to be cured of anything

CK2 is the best The Witcher game out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom