• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Is the single player content any good? A few people on my friends list have the game, but none of us have had a lot of time to play multiplayer together lately, and I have little interest in playing with randoms.

The single player content is good, I played trough most of it (It gets really tough in the end :p)

But online Multi with random players is a lot of fun too!

hepburn3d

What are your "holding back until last day" games my friends? Games you'll definitely buy at the last day but hope for a daily/flash before then.

Mine are:
Pac-Man Championship all you can eat
Last Remnant
Enslaved
2D Bionic Commando

Flashback (Because I've heard it doesn't live up to the old days but I'd get it cheap)

Rome Total War II (If it even gets a sale)

Company of Heroes 2 (Doubt that will happen)

Voshond

Neo Member
Bought Saints Row 4 on Amazon last night only to find out it's region locked to the US. I've contacted the Deep Silver support and this was their response:
Please contact friends or family in North America and ask them to activate this key for you. After the key has been activated in the country the game originated from, the game will most likely also work in Europe.

Should I try using a VPN to add it to my account? I don't want to lose my entire Steam account over this one game.

Let's keep this giveaway train going, shall we?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nexuiz -- MB-4D86434858104C2A - Taken by arts&crafts. 10 entrants total.

t1403616817z1.png

Chariot

Bought Saints Row 4 on Amazon last night only to find out it's region locked to the US. I've contacted the Deep Silver support and this was their response:

Should I try using a VPN to add it to my account? I don't want to lose my entire Steam account over this one game.
VPN is bad, stay away from it.

the odds of you losing your account over this is extremely slim.

Jme

I don't get the community marketplace. I have 15 active listings, but if i go to those cards, I don't see mine, despite them being the lowest price (2 cents less than the current cheapest listing). They've been up for over 12-24 hours in most cases.
Anyone have similar problems?

Kiru

I have a little secret: I spent 0€ on Steam itself... 420 games...

Omerta: City of Gangsters is free on http://www.gog.com/ right now. You just have to find it within the flash sales on the front page. :)
EDIT: Looks like someone already posted it :/

x Misogi

What are your "holding back until last day" games my friends? Games you'll definitely buy at the last day but hope for a daily/flash before then.

Mine are:
Pac-Man Championship all you can eat
Last Remnant
Enslaved
2D Bionic Commando

RE4HD
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Jamestown(maybe)
Crimsonland(maybe)

Steam stop teasing me

ZeroCDR

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition -- MB-D6EE580F53F3DA59 - Taken by adburns. 23 entrants total.

header.jpg

t1403617167z1.png

Happy Blue Day!

guys, lists are pretty much the most boring thing to read about. We all know that the thirst is real, but cmon, it's not exactly lending itself to any discussions.

hohoXD123

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-BEB63A1960F28CA2
Lume -- MB-4DEEEF0AB43B04ED - Taken by PunishedSnake
Machinarium -- MB-453238A00C594016 - Taken by Mass_Pincup
Paranautical Activity -- MB-A73D24754A2CCA6F - Taken by harrypmgaga
Windosill -- MB-1D9A718AFEF65389 - Taken by Accent
VVVVVV -- MB-F3EBB2F095465AEB - Taken by Beatofficer
Cave Story Plus -- MB-F49B25612FCC8331 - Taken by Arren

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Humble Bundle here is actually good I just have all of the games either on steam already or somewhere else.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for borghe:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-055B8257C29E24C3
Humble Bundle V -- MB-591362C523AEFBD1 - Taken by purg3. 7 entrants total.

t1403617418z1.png

Respect

Unfortunately not even this sale, or the fact that I'm dying to play Divinity Original Sin (which is sitting, installed, in my library), has been able to cure me of my CK2 addiction. GAF, send help.

I'm feeling the same way, but replace Crusader Kings with Mount & Blade. Game is addicting as hell.

Knurek

I voted for sports simulations as the community choice. I did good things with that one.

Yes you did, yes you did.
(Let's face it, adventure games are dime a dozen, and are frequently bundled, but there's only one Out of Park Baseball on Steam, which is never discounted)

Water

I did a rough estimate some time ago and came to the conclusion that I did spend around ~33€ per month since I'm using steam.

Thats 2178€ in five and a half years or 1,31€ per game, not that bad overall :)

And I think it was actually less in reality, so Its not the most expensive hobby out there :p

It's actually ridiculous how cheap PC gaming is if you have near-zero impulse to play anything right at launch. Every AAA game drops to less than 5 euros if you wait long enough. (Well, with a couple of exceptions. I have never seen a good online sale on a Call of Duty game, which is why out of the whole series I only own COD4; found a stack of physical copies for 2 euros at a supermarket clearout.)
Even the hardware is zero cost or near-zero cost for a lot of people, since everyone would have at least some kind of computer anyway. Even if you end up buying a desktop only for gaming because your laptop has no performance, you can get tremendous value from a $1k machine over ~4-5 years of use.

Having a good day at work which means I'm in a great mood, gonna do a few give aways when I get home. Most on here but I'm gonna randomly give games to people on gaf that are on my friends list from yesterday.

BibiMaghoo

I don't get the community marketplace. I have 15 active listings, but if i go to those cards, I don't see mine, despite them being the lowest price (2 cents less than the current cheapest listing). They've been up for over 12-24 hours in most cases.
Anyone have similar problems?

Yes, I've had this multiple times. Remove them via the main market page, and relist them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom