• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soroc

Well, it's really not cheap if you don't play what you buy. ;)

Quoted for so much truth. I don't even care, its about the library mang

So the one thing that pisses me off with PC gaming is the lack of sports games. Where is the simulation American Football and Hockey?

There are so many sports "management" games out on PC when I look down the list.

The only publisher I see supported PC is 2K sports and they only really make NBA now :(

Altazor

I'm currently progressing through Dark Souls II. I'm just wondering, when I'm done with DSII, if it's worth it play the PC version of Dark Souls which is a daily sale right now. I've read how much of a step down Dark Souls is graphically.

play it! And no, there's no huge graphical downgrade (except for the light effects) if you use Durante's DS Fix.

Chariot

jbc6PLdQFmCAvo.png

I feel.... ashamed.

Zomba13

Is DiRT3 really as unplayable as the Steam reviews suggest?

I got Dirt 3 from that AMD or something promo that was run years ago and I didn't have any problem with the game. It ran fine on my rig at the time with max settings and no loss of frames. no problem with the GFWL stuff either (though on the whole I have been lucky with that except when it comes to Dark Souls).

Checking the reviews I would be wary of the GFWL situation (not clear what will happen to this) and I can see the saves being tied to the account online being an issue and I didn't progress far enough in the campaign to notice if I needed DLC to complete or stay competitive (though I had no real problems).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
someone might want to PM stump about modbot being on the fritz so he knows when he wakes up

ModBot was not on the fritz. I really don't have time to provide tech support for issues that aren't even tech support issues, so please don't assume that when someone gets a problem key. I should only be contacted with a technical support request when the most probable conclusion is that there is tech support for me to give. I don't get paid for this, and I actually rarely enter for non-bundle trash games, so this is something I do entirely to give back to the community. In return it's reasonable to expect that others will do their best not to make it a chore for me.

So saying there's a problem with ModBot makes work for me when there shouldn't be and it falsely gives other people the impression that they shouldn't be using the system while it's "on the fritz" when in reality it's not on the fritz at all.

Bel_Air_Jeff entered for and won a key that was purportedly for Trine 2. The key famfrit added was not a legitimate game key for Trine 2, it was a Modbot code for a previous Trine 2 giveaway organized by KevMan1815 and won by Ventara. In other words, Bel_Air_Jeff got a PM saying he won Trine 2 with the key MB-762A64297F81C37C. The same is true for famfrit's other giveaways last night (Dark Souls II and Guacamelee).

Whether this is an accident, a misunderstanding, or trolling, I wouldn't be able to tell you and it's not really any of my business, but either way it's clearly something where the winners of those games should follow up with famfrit rather than with me.

Danielsan

I'm really curious what the story is with the team point these last couple of days. I really don't buy that 4 teams are doing near identical numbers and one team is in the lead by a land slide. Especially given the huge differences between the teams on the first two days.

I'm really curious what the story is with the team point these last couple of days. I really don't buy that 4 teams are doing near identical numbers and one team is in the lead by a land slide. Especially given the huge differences between the teams on the first two days.

reddit collusion at work

pahamrick

Since using paypal to fund my wallet locked me out of the market until the 29th, I've currently got a Summer Adventure Card #9 for anyone who needs it for crafting a badge. Let me know if you need it and I'll trade it to you on Steam.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Should I get Arma III at 50% discount? I'm not sure what to do. I have yet to buy anything on this sale.

Bohemia is not a big fan of discounts. It will probably be 60% next year. Imo it's worth that price, the mods are really fun

adburns

Trine 2

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Trine 2 -- MB-7890FE383F8B177F - Taken by redfirm

t1403618777z1.png

Water

Well, it's really not cheap if you don't play what you buy. ;)

That's the real trap! :)

Still, if the games cost an average of 3 euros or something, you can buy tens of them per year on top of what you will actually play, and you are still getting away extremely cheap as far as hobbies go.

Poetic

Did anyone order the mouse from Best Buy? Wondering if you get emailed the steam code right after its approved or does it come with the mouse?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Odin Almighty, I couldn't comment on this one, you spent almost as much as me and I have close to 1300 games now. How did you do that? Do you buy all games full price or something?
kindly lemme me give you advice

Maybe he doesn't buy as many bundles as you. Pretty sure that the majority of your games come from bundles

drgambit

Banned

4chan/reddit trolling

hohoXD123

Some spare keys from an old giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Joe Danger 2: The Movie -- MB-CFFC09916CEB0CD7 - Taken by PossumMeat
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-8B8A3007EE9B06D4 - Taken by ShinobiFist
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-E7B4EAFFDC63A6FD - Taken by gorfyako
Bridge Constructor -- MB-0CFF405A074C7EB5 - Taken by Jimmyfenix
FEZ -- MB-847B229A81FBAC88 - Taken by purg3
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-84FF5C90CB329699 - Taken by dave is ok

Lain

I played some more Bound by Flame, actually restarted with another character, which I like slightly more than the previous one.
Anyways, so far so good, I just need to get better at combat in the game, since button mashing too much gives me the impression to lock me into chains. Oh, and Sybil has a nice looking face, why couldn't they add something like that for the female char creation?! QQ

I have yet another Dirt 3 question: I have a Dirt 3 that I bought for dirt cheap at some point (like $2) and never opened the shrinkwrap..

Will I be able to redeem it on Steam once it becomes Steamworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom