• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Odin Almighty, I couldn't comment on this one, you spent almost as much as me and I have close to 1300 games now. How did you do that? Do you buy all games full price or something?
kindly lemme me give you advice
Yeah, I really don't know, the last sales I always waited, but I guess my early steam career was filled with bullshit. I mean, I even had a bad start: got steam to buy Team Fortress 2 - one month later it got F2P. And I know I bought certain games like Batman Arkham Origins Day 1. Still it's mindboogling. :,(
I think I have to commit Steampukku :/
Maybe he doesn't buy as many bundles as you. Pretty sure that the majority of your games come from bundles
That could be part of this. I only buy bundles with stuff I really want.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
gog.com is awesome. Half of my library there didn't cost me a dime.
From Duke Nukem to the Fallout Collection and Empire Earth. They've given away so many free stuff.

Mokoi

Banned
Reminder, also I don't how much time is left since the conuntdown is not displaying.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls II -- MB-3EB9D9956AED776E

t1403657668z1.png

Question about Sonic Racing Transformed. Should I pull the trigger on it now or does anyone think the Sonic Pack will end up going on sale later?

Parsnip

I have yet another Dirt 3 question: I have a Dirt 3 that I bought for dirt cheap at some point (like $2) and never opened the shrinkwrap..

Will I be able to redeem it on Steam once it becomes Steamworks?
That's their plan.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/DiRT3/announcements/detail/1498873167825830349
I Have a Boxed Copy of DiRT 3 - What about me?
The current plan is to allow anybody who has a boxed copy of DiRT 3 to redeem their CD key via Steam which will add DiRT 3 to your Steam library - there is a chance the process of how you get your copy might change and we're working with Valve to make sure it's as painless as possible.

Is it the Steam Achievement Manager that you can use to idle for cards without downloading? Or is there another way?
There is the steam_appid.txt trick. There should be a post somewhere about it (try searching this thread or the previous one) and personally I feel more comfortable with that method.

I don't get the community marketplace. I have 15 active listings, but if i go to those cards, I don't see mine, despite them being the lowest price (2 cents less than the current cheapest listing). They've been up for over 12-24 hours in most cases.
Anyone have similar problems?
Are you sure you can even see your own listings normally? Also the price listed on active listings is what gets added to your wallet, not what the seller pays (which includes the Steam and dev cuts which for small sums does add 2 cents).

Also it is biased wrt currency conversions which can lead to listings of the same price beating the queue (as technically they are less but rounded up to the nearest cent).

Kiru

ModBot was not on the fritz. I really don't have time to provide tech support for issues that aren't even tech support issues, so please don't assume that when someone gets a problem key. I should only be contacted with a technical support request when the most probable conclusion is that there is tech support for me to give. I don't get paid for this, and I actually rarely enter for non-bundle trash games, so this is something I do entirely to give back to the community. In return it's reasonable to expect that others will do their best not to make it a chore for me.

So saying there's a problem with ModBot makes work for me when there shouldn't be and it falsely gives other people the impression that they shouldn't be using the system while it's "on the fritz" when in reality it's not on the fritz at all.

Bel_Air_Jeff entered for and won a key that was purportedly for Trine 2. The key famfrit added was not a legitimate game key for Trine 2, it was a Modbot code for a previous Trine 2 giveaway organized by KevMan1815 and won by Ventara. In other words, Bel_Air_Jeff got a PM saying he won Trine 2 with the key MB-762A64297F81C37C. The same is true for famfrit's other giveaways last night (Dark Souls II and Guacamelee).

Whether this is an accident, a misunderstanding, or trolling, I wouldn't be able to tell you and it's not really any of my business, but either way it's clearly something where the winners of those games should follow up with famfrit rather than with me.
At least he didn't "accidentally" give away over 25 games like that.

wilflare

bought a fourpack earlier, here's one for this thread :D

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Castle Crashers -- MB-BE9C6B3EAB3D3CD2 - Taken by Beelzebubs. 16 entrants total.

t1403629371z1.png

thebloo

Odin Almighty, I couldn't not comment on this one, you spent almost as much as me and I have close to 1300 games now. How did you do that? Do you buy all games full price or something?
kindly lemme me give you advice

I'm close to 1k Euros with 140 games. First day, man!

Ok, now i need explanations to your opinions :D

With Rogue Legacy, there were enough modern twists (procedural gains, the quest for the ever-higher damage number, cheeky humor) to warrant the game being more than just nostalgia. The graphical style are an aesthetic pleaser and not a sentimental one.

Volgarr, while definitely being a masterclass in level design and pacing, seems happy to aim to be Altered Beast, and I've played Altered Beast until all of the Kix ran empty and kids started moving on to the harder cereals. I never felt compelled to keep playing; the sense of simply accomplishing the task at hand wasn't enough for me.

And that's basically where your decision boils down to, I think. Are you someone who is moved through a game by a feeling of personal achievement? Or do numerical climbs, skill trees and collectables keep you going?

You can't go wrong, either way, though. Both are good. I'm just squarely a Rogue Legacy person. It would have been my GOTY last year, and might still be, but Risk of Rain came along and confused me. (That game is also phenomenal.)

Altazor

Fuck it, I bought Borderlands 2 GOTY. I haven't even finished the first one, but the priiiiiiiice...

I am part of the problem.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The people on the GOG forums are just speculating based on the GOG Daily Deal graphics they've discovered. I would imagine Banished is probably just going to get a 40% discount or something.

Yeah, I doubt it's going to be free. The game is barely four months old.

DrTrouserPlank

Neo Member
The most annoying thing about this sale is that Crusader Kings 2 is usually on discount about 30 times during any other sale I've seen. This time when I actually want to buy some DLC along with other Paradox DLC (assuming that goes -75% as well) it hasn't been on sale once.

Getting the feeling it's not going to happen :(

I wonder: if you put a game that's no longer being actively sold in your top 3 for your wishlist, like cryostasis for example, will they give it to you if you're one of the 30 winners or just go down the list to your next game?

JaseC, this might be your ticket to Wheelman.

milena87

It's one of those days at work when I feel surrounded by stupidity (mostly emanating from my boss).

Here's a quick giveaway to improve my morale.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Outlast -- MB-A860F7FB3C937AF0 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 39 entrants total.

t1403620172z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom