• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

The people on the GOG forums are just speculating based on the GOG Daily Deal graphics they've discovered. I would imagine Banished is probably just going to get a 40% discount or something.
It's already 50% isn't it?

Surprised it hasn't been a flash.

No way I can see it going free. Would be amazing if it does though.

Altazor

Heavy risk?

image.php

absolutely.

Is it better than BL1? I think I grew... bored with it along the way. I stopped playing because I got heavily into other games (Mark of the Ninja, DXHR and later, Dark Souls) and never had any desire to go back.

Arthea

I wonder: if you put a game that's no longer being actively sold in your top 3 for your wishlist, like cryostasis for example, will they give it to you if you're one of the 30 winners or just go down the list to your next game?

JaseC, this might be your ticket to Wheelman.

only you can't put it on your wishlist, unless you already had it there

Chariot

image.php

absolutely.

Is it better than BL1? I think I grew... bored with it along the way. I stopped playing because I got heavily into other games (Mark of the Ninja, DXHR and later, Dark Souls) and never had any desire to go back.
It's a lot better. I dropped BL1, because it wore out on me after a few hours, but I couldn't stop BL2 until ... I could. But it were many hours more than BL1.

Yakkue

I wonder: if you put a game that's no longer being actively sold in your top 3 for your wishlist, like cryostasis for example, will they give it to you if you're one of the 30 winners or just go down the list to your next game?

JaseC, this might be your ticket to Wheelman.

"30 members of the winning team, who contributed points that day, will win the top 3 games (currently available for purchase) off their Wishlist"

image.php

absolutely.

I've never played the first one, but I think most people said the second game is better.

absolutely.

I loved bl2. played through the main game + all dlc solo (over 200 hrs on record). You may have a little better time in coop, fortunately the community is pretty active.

Acccent

A tiny part of me, upon seeing reminders for awesome 24h raffles like Mokoi's, can't help but go "but... that means more entrants >_<"

It almost makes me sick to think what my inbox is going to look like when this release goes live - people are not going to like it. I don't like it either. But I can either throttle the API calls, or I've been threatened that they'll remove all Enhanced Steam's users access to Steam, so I guess it's better than nothing and my hands are pretty much tied.

My enthusiasm for getting a job at Valve has gone down quite a bit since this whole thing started, honestly. I think that opening a dialog was nice, but rate-limiting your API and threatening to cut off user's access without giving me a chance to implement the changes you suggest... that just seems disingenuous.

Corporations are not people. They're most usually giant holes.

You do great work, don't ever doubt that. I't just obvious that Valve does not value how they present themselves to their customers as evidenced by the lack of updates to the storefront in terms of functionality and performance as well as their ridiculous "customer service" which not only doesn't seem to care about ensuring their customers' concerns are handled promptly, but is also clearly ignorant of their customers' satisfaction levels.

the problem here is, voice their concerns about what exactly? A third party mod that tells people when its best NOT to use steam and instead use other stores?

Im surprised they havent shut it down tbh, from a business standpoint it makes no sense. Not defending them btw, just looking at the reality of it and what little jshackles or the users can do about it

If they just shut down ES and revoked access to anyone who uses it, that would be a PR nightmare.

Kiru

It's one of those days at work when I feel surrounded by stupidity (mostly emanating from my boss).

Here's a quick giveaway to improve my morale.
Thanks. Game is not for me though. I watched Jim Sterlings Let's Play. That was enough for me :D

Beelzebubs

Yeah.. I guess you're right. I'll just buy it as a gift now and look for the Sonic Pack. If the Sonic Pack ends up going on sale, I'll just gift Racing to the GAF community.

Seriously it's in the top 3 karting games I've played in my long 32 year, every console owning life ;) Totally worth!

It almost makes me sick to think what my inbox is going to look like when this release goes live - people are not going to like it. I don't like it either. But I can either throttle the API calls, or I've been threatened that they'll remove all Enhanced Steam's users access to Steam, so I guess it's better than nothing and my hands are pretty much tied.

My enthusiasm for getting a job at Valve has gone down quite a bit since this whole thing started, honestly. I think that opening a dialog was nice, but rate-limiting your API and threatening to cut off user's access without giving me a chance to implement the changes you suggest... that just seems disingenuous.

The way Valve is handling my market access with this whole "we'll lock you down for using a debit gift card" shit is really pissing me off too. Valve expects users to read their minds and anticipate their stupid decisions.

It's been a few years since I've decided Steam was even moderately "good" but at this point they're not even trying to make it better.

If they just shut down ES and revoked access to anyone who uses it, that would be a PR nightmare.

And it would be deserved. If they did shut down ES, I hope it a lash-out occurs and Valve finally wakes the hell up.

nvrslp

image.php

absolutely.

Borderlands 2 was a lot more fun compared to the first one. I played it a lot more too, including all the DLC (both on Xbox 360 and PC), whereas I never got through all the DLC in the original Borderlands. $9.99 for the GOTY you can't go wrong :)

Altazor

I loved bl2. played through the main game + all dlc solo (over 200 hrs on record). You may have a little better time in coop, fortunately the community is pretty active.

nice! I hope I do, so I don't feel like I've wasted 8 bucks... oh who am I kidding, this is Steam. I've already wasted money. I am already dead.

As for the coop... well, I hope I'm able to enjoy it that way. TBH, I'm a little afraid of online multiplayer in general 'cause my connection is sometimes pretty laggy. I just hope it isn't that much of a deal (instead of, let's say, Dark Souls, in which the lag is unbearable and phantom hits are diminishing my enjoyment of the game's online component)

Blue-kun

Is Sonic Racing Transformed worth it? Is it like a clone Mario Kart?

I won't say it's "better than Mario Kart", as I think they're different enough, but I'm fairly certain you won't be letdown by purchasing Transformed. Game's got A LOT of meat to its Single-Player compared to other titles in the same genre, so even just looking at it from this perspective makes it worth for that price.

That said, I do prefer it to MK, because it's quite a bit faster and the whole Transforming thing works quite well. The fact every lap is "different" helps a ton to keep stuff fresh, and the course design in general is just very high quality. SEGA always had great arcade racing games and Sumo's efforts definitely ranks up there with the best.

Lomax

which LEGO games worth playing?
(compared to the PS4 versions?)

and is a controller the best way to play?

All of them are great, but usually depends on your personal taste for the license. The only real downside is there isn't a huge amount of variety between the different ones. And yes, they are best on a controller but they are quite playable without one.

Personally I'd recommend buying one Lego game based on your favorite license and playing it through, and then when you start feeling the itch again buy another one. One a year is about right for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom