• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

It seems like it, it would be highly coincidental that pink, who hasn't won yet, is way out front in the lead, if it's blue the next day, then yeah, nearly all but certain it's rigged.

Also (it may have already been mentioned in the other thread or even this one, can't be bothered to read through it all) but has anyone noticed that sometimes the points count backwards? As far as I'm aware, there is no legitimate way of losing points is there?

There are tokens to steal points. You can get them from crafting the summer sale badge.

Kanokare

It seems like it, it would be highly coincidental that pink, who hasn't won yet, is way out front in the lead, if it's blue the next day, then yeah, nearly all but certain it's rigged.

Also (it may have already been mentioned in the other thread or even this one, can't be bothered to read through it all) but has anyone noticed that sometimes the points count backwards? As far as I'm aware, there is no legitimate way of losing points is there?

There are ways to steal points from other teams.

denx

This is all Reddit's doing. http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/28rpxj/operation_everyone_work_as_a_teamgive_every_team/

mfaex

Yes. That's how I would describe Paranoia Agent, actually.

Cute.

spbINlA.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Looks like you're going to have to do some more giveaways. :)

ok

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Battleblock Theater -- MB-BFE0A2D213C90AA7 - Taken by UncleO. 39 entrants total.

t1403475981z1.png

denx

Paranoia Agent is anything except cute.

It's fucking brilliant tho, so you should watch it. Only 13 episodes long.

Short hair Bayo>>>>>>>>Long hair Bayo

Sorry, agree to disagree, I suppose.

I'm not a fan of short hair on women.

Indeed. GGT is a wasteland.

Sale has been a slow burn for me before today.

Agreed.
When Hank, Uraizen, and Josh dropped off the face of the earth, the general tone changed so much I just didn't have much to say anymore and moved over to GAF as my main source of discussion.

The sale -- it was better before VALVE screwed my market privileges up. However, most of the days have had at least 1 decent deal that got my attention. Yesterday was the exception so far.

Orca

Reddit ruining all my purple domination plans!

zkylon

zkylewd
Heh. Well for those that haven't seen it -
<3

omg, what is this?
if it's of any interest to you, paranoia agent is my favorite anime

it's amazing, everyone should watch it, it's a very hard show to describe because how different it is from episode to episode but it's by far one of the most human anime i've ever watched even by satoshi kon standards, and it's very gripping and emotional and moving and inspiring

like it's one of those things that get me all teary just thinking about em

it's not on crunchyroll in argieland but u know, go fucking find it somehow

Quick question.
Borderlands 2 has some weird sale bundles.

Do I understand right that the second bundle contains 2x the base game Borderlands 2 with 1x all the DLC?

That way the upper one would be a totally needless deal.
In the lower bundle base Borderlands 2 would be only 75cent.

I gotta have read sth. wrong.

oti

Banned
Quick question.

Do I understand right that the second bundle contains 2x the base game Borderlands 2 with 1x all the DLC?

Doesn't the second bundle contain both games? BL 1 & 2?

Transistor is the last game on my wishlist that I REALLY want, everything else is just "sorta wants". I just need something to hold me over til Sweet Lady Bayo comes back.

Aramiyo

Banned
Quick question.

The second is Borderlands with all the DLC and base Borderlands 2.

Kusagari

The fact that the other 4 teams have been relatively close these past two days while one is way out in front is more suspicious to me then anything.

cHinzo

Quick question.

No the first one contains the base Borderlands 2 plus all the DLC for that game.
The second one contains only the base Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 1 with all the DLC for that game.

Biochet

Quick question.

Lower bundle is the original borderlands GOTY with borderlands 2 without the dlc for borderlands 2

Here's a little something:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-29F01A56AB34CED4 - Taken by oti xero

Paranoia Agent is indeed a masterpiece, and the op and ed are easily some of the best in the business, pure haunting goodness. So good. Satoshi Kon is gdlk

But yeah, it's disappointing to see the rigged-ness of the summer adventure, how can you have hype if you know that it's not up to our teamwork and skills?!

-KoF better get it's sale after the Fighting community choice failed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The fact that the other 4 teams have been relatively close these past two days while one is way out in front is more suspicious to me then anything.

pretty much, though today is the first day I've contributed "points" to the Pink team (a whopping 12!)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
<3

if it's of any interest to you, paranoia agent is my favorite anime

it's amazing, everyone should watch it, it's a very hard show to describe because how different it is from episode to episode but it's by far one of the most human anime i've ever watched even by satoshi kon standards, and it's very gripping and emotional and moving and inspiring

like it's one of those things that get me all teary just thinking about em

it's not on crunchyroll in argieland but u know, go fucking find it somehow

All of it's on Youtube, luckily. Well, at least the dub is, not sure about the sub.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Bedtime for us GMT folk soon. Always a shame to miss the start of a new flash deal/vote. At least I'm getting up early for work tomorrow so won't miss the end of it.

Don't Starve from my Steam inventory. Good luck!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Don't Starve -- MB-EFE2D31880B02B60 - Taken by Seanspeed. 30 entrants total.

t1403476537z1.png

Videospel

Shadowrun Returns looks like a good choice, but I will wait for a Daily to see if it gets on there.

It's already been on the community's choice. -75% on the main game and -50% on the Dragonfall DLC, if I remember correctly. Hopefully you'll get a second chance because the game seems really fun and the DLC apparently is even better.

Something that cute came from an anime with a creepy opening?
A lot of people already explained, but it is creepy. Or rather, very mysterious. They showed it on TV here on summer nights a couple of years ago, which really set the mood. I recommend it.

zkylon

zkylewd
All of it's on Youtube, luckily. Well, at least the dub is, not sure about the sub.
yea dub might be decent but i wouldn't risk it really

also basic jist of paranoia agent is people with shitty stressful japanese lives get hit in the head by a bat-wielding demon kid at the peak of their pain and fall into a coma as result. so like it starts out as two detectives looking into that but the series just goes into weird places as it moves on and it's a-fucking-mazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom