• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone are looking for games that probably won't go any cheaper, here's one game for those wanting an arcade top down racer. The tracks are based on maps on real cities.

Real World Racing.

real-world-racing-02-700x393.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkrfkez66KA

Demo is available on the store page. Felt pretty good,

Zeknurn

I just got an extraordinary mythical gift in DotA 2 for crafting a summer badge.

Should I sell it? Not sure if this stuff goes up in value after the sales over or what.

Unfair. All I got was some shit for Spiral Knights. They should at least let you pick the game you want the reward for.

Darkroronoa

Is Dust: An Elysian Tail any good? I'm looking for some good indie games to catch on sale ( Bit fatigued with the AAA stuff honestly. I think 5 is enough for the sale) and the animation instantly caught my attention. I checked the indie recommendation thread as well, but didn't see much word on it.

I beat it a few days ago and i think it was fantastic.

Is Dust: An Elysian Tail any good? I'm looking for some good indie games to catch on sale ( Bit fatigued with the AAA stuff honestly. I think 5 is enough for the sale) and the animation instantly caught my attention. I checked the indie recommendation thread as well, but didn't see much word on it.

Yes, it is really good. Great visuals and cool Easter eggs.

Stage On

Darn it I wish Evochron was going for cheaper then 40% off. It hasn't gone for less then that since bloody January 2013 :(

Hopefully it get's featured as a flash sale or something at least. Still mad that it lost the community vote last sale

Unfair. All I got was some shit for Spiral Knights. They should at least let you pick the game you want the reward for.
The worst part is if you get something for a game you don't even play, you can try to dump the item onto Trashbot or something but that game's tab will never leave your inventory.

Never ever.

AIRic

Dear GAF, I don't have money left in m budget since moving cost me much more than anticipated and I'm wondering if a kind soul would trade me Borderlands 2 for my X-COM and Poker Night at the Inventory Steam gift. I have Borderlands 2 in my library, but would like to gift it to my younger cousin who is kinda depressed lately and really like when we played Borderlands 1 in COOP! :) PM me if you can or add me on Steam (AIRic82).

neoism

M&Ms text message promotion/contest. Text MOVIE to 78787 from a US cell phone for a chance to win a $6 prepaid mastercard. If you win, you get a choice between $6 on-demand credit and $6 online streaming credit - pick the streaming option for the prepaid card, the other one gives you a credit on your cable bill. You can enter once per day until sometime in august, the 15th I think.

nm lol

Jirotrom

whats the verdct on borderlands 2 GOTY edition... i know i wont play it right away and i already beat borderlands 2 vanilla when it came out... worth it?

Some spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gandysampras, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-D908BAA10C0CBA9F - Taken by someguyinahat. 10 entrants total.
The Last Templar -- MB-1A178806774E5D07 - Taken by Colby. 7 entrants total.
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-86FADDDCD98A34CE - Taken by SpacePirate Ridley. 5 entrants total.

t1403475266z1.png

Kaper

Thanks again to JennyTablina for the birthday gift of DMC4. Giving and receiving games on GAF is part of what makes this community the best.

KingKong

So Valve really did rig the whole summer adventure right? I dont believe theres some kind of reddit/hat baron effort to make every team win on different days

I have a question a bout this raffles, what does this mean:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Do you need to get a reply to know it had work sending the message to modbot, or is only when you win? Ive send some of this and never got a reply.

Tenrius

Is Valve actually OK with something like this i.e. are there no other risks involved except for the region lock on games?

These prices make my backlog shiver in fear.

I sure hope so. I'm now getting the "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." error when trying to buy games for some reason. The usual way which is deleting everything in the Steam folder (with the exception of steamapps and Steam.exe) didn't help. Any other ideas? I sure hope it's some weird bug (possibly connected to paypal, according to these forum threads I found) and not restrictions imposed on me by Valve (unheard of, as far as I know).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
USA players must be from Gaf, trying to keep me doing giveaways :p

Altazor

I thought it was great, though certain characters' design might be offputting if you dislike anthromorphized animals. The mechanics are fun, the backgrounds are pretty and the music's great, so I really recommend it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Arkham Origins runs AND looks better than Arkham City for me.

I don't know what gives, but locked 60 with everything maxed feels goooood.

Are city and origins close enough that I could just play one of them? Now have both on my backlog but doubt I'd have time to play both before arkham knight next year.

rookiejet

Some spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rookiejet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-89DEA650272434BA - Taken by Fornaximus. 5 entrants total.
RPG Maker Tyler Warren's First 50 Battler Pack DLC (DLC Bundle #1) -- MB-045176BCE307BE55
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-D230AE0671206518 - Taken by PhoenixFyre. 11 entrants total.
Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-ED1B2935E8E190C9 - Taken by SmithnCo. 2 entrants total.
RPG Maker Royal Tileset Pack DLC (DLC Bundle #1) -- MB-8C9FE5DC431A0D70 - Taken by reddmyst. 2 entrants total.
Supreme Ruler: Cold War -- MB-A98886345E228496 - Taken by Mavromatis. 2 entrants total.
RPG Maker Adventurer's Journey DLC (DLC Bundle #1) -- MB-307A814572E61207 - Taken by biRdy. 3 entrants total.
Renegade Ops -- MB-7E53D279DAF42A0E - Taken by Sub Zero. 6 entrants total.
RUSH -- MB-3FF1C814722E9B3B - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.
Aerena Clash of Champions -- MB-F80777175C6CA3E3 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 1 entrants total.
Steam Bandits: Outpost (Explorer's Equipment Pack) -- MB-9F7BF149F229018A - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-6AE08C9C8C6B350C - Taken by Gez. 7 entrants total.
GTR FIA GT Racing -- MB-2503B2DA4FF46CA3 - Taken by tioslash. 5 entrants total.
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-BBBA5404CEBC8452 - Taken by bronson. 7 entrants total.
Toki Tori -- MB-03D56F48E6AD41E2 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
GT Legends -- MB-41CB65237868A1AC - Taken by Peachblossom. 3 entrants total.
Escape Goat -- MB-129E1388EF012115 - Taken by dot. 10 entrants total.
Beyond Divinity -- MB-5F516C8F061AD400 - Taken by OmegaDL50. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-30D769472AA525F0 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 3 entrants total.
Fieldrunners -- MB-844218F1DC8FE1AB - Taken by cicero. 2 entrants total.
Divinity II: The Developer's Cut -- MB-9ACA665B4BBB8B9B - Taken by TsuXna. 7 entrants total.
Galcon Legends -- MB-16C2CECAA36C8323 - Taken by cicero. 6 entrants total.
SOL: Exodus -- MB-C571ACD244D26E8F - Taken by Dambrosi. 1 entrants total.
Divine Divinity -- MB-640B384ECA7B058C - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 6 entrants total.

t1403475716z1.png

munroe

So Valve really did rig the whole summer adventure right? I dont believe theres some kind of reddit/hat baron effort to make every team win on different days

It seems like it, it would be highly coincidental that pink, who hasn't won yet, is way out front in the lead, if it's blue the next day, then yeah, nearly all but certain it's rigged.

Also (it may have already been mentioned in the other thread or even this one, can't be bothered to read through it all) but has anyone noticed that sometimes the points count backwards? As far as I'm aware, there is no legitimate way of losing points is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom