• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't think Reddit is so popular with steam people globally that they can push one team and suppress the others.

Reddit has about ~2 million uniques a day, and Steam gets ~7.8 concurrent at its peak.

Even if every Redditor is participating in this contest, they would make up slightly more than a quarter of people on Steam at any given moment. And I'm sure Steam's uniques count is more.

Reddit thought they caught the Boston bomber too...

It's not really that hard. The only thing it needs to be done it's a big push on one of the teams and things will snowball from there.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
It's not really that hard. The only thing it needs to be done it's a big push on one of the teams and things will snowball from there.

this is the most likely scenario. A big reddit push right out of the gates causing the day to self perpetuate.

It makes even more sense as the tokens are widely available for days now... so folks probably have days worth of tokens (one of each color), switch on that day and voila.

All the games I have with playfire rewards all give credit for achievements I've gotten a long ass time ago.

I never get credits because of this. smh

I mean, I'm grateful for the service... but it's frustrating waiting on certain games (like Battleblock Theater right now) just so that doesn't happen again.

Just finished to the moon.
No achievement what a gyp.

Try reloading your last autosave and trying again.

Turfster

first list...
yet another list

DjI6B2K.gif

See what you did with your lists? DO YOU SEE NOW?
Friends don't let friends post lists.

Halo 2

Banned
I mean, I'm grateful for the service... but it's frustrating waiting on certain games (like Battleblock Theater right now) just so that doesn't happen again.

Apparently it's only on the PC version at the moment.
Is there any way to access my cloud save data on my PC's partition after playing on the mac partition?

I can boot up my windows 8 partition and play through the whole thing again I guess but I don't think it's worth the time.

nexen

I have quite the last-minute pickup list going myself

• farm-fresh eggs
  • lactose-free organic milk
  • thinly sliced deli ham
  • acid-free orange juice
  • wonder bread
  • overripe bananas
  • delicious red grapes
Oh god, I'm going to spend so much.

Oh wow do I hope that OOTP15 gets a chance to be on sale. Such a fantastic, deep, engaging, well crafted and completely modable baseball sim. It's so good, and it would be great for more people to try it out. Can't even imagine what it would do for the dev too. Ahhhh never wanted a game to win a vote more than I hope OOTP does.

And I really want that golf game too.

Which means it will most certainly lose the vote.

I'm with you. OotP is pretty spectacular. So it won't win.

Ha! Sorry. My first real Steam Sale. That said, it breaks up the "Go (insert colors here) and "the color game is rigged" posts. :D

Don't get me wrong, those posts are annoying as well too. More annoying now because we know what's going to happen.

I have almost all the Metal Gear Rising achivements, missing only the grindy ones and speedrun ones...

Arthea

Things Turfster doesn't like:

1) Steam summer team discussion
2) People beating him to posting new bundles
3) Lists

I like this idea, expanded list
Turfster doesn't like:
3) Lists
4) BioInf
5) losing raffles
6) grey market
7) something else I'm forgetting

Arthea

• farm-fresh eggs
  • thinly sliced deli ham
  • acid-free orange juice
  • wonder bread
  • overripe bananas
  • delicious red grapes
that's gross, you shouldn't have waited for daily sale on this

Soroc

Again, this is intentional, to prevent fraud and money laundering. I assume if someone stole your account and spent your money, you'd expect a refund from Valve's side, so it's reasonable to expect that they'd place reasonable, minor limitations in order to prevent the most common methods of fraud.

Yeah but there has to be an easier way... I don't know why they can't just send any email or text message to authenticate just like when you need to authorize another computer. I'm still locked out of trade and marketplace for another 2 days b/c I install steam on my laptop last weekend so i could continue to vote while away from my house.

while this sort of self perpetuation is definitely a factor here........

reddit's "days of colors winning" has so far been accurate. If purple wins starting at 1pm, reddit holds way more credibility than anything else.
If you were Valve and actually rigging it (to reduce server load by lessening incentive to craft&marketplace) would you rig it exactly like Reddit said it would happen to have a scapegoat or would you do it at random?

Seaklng

Banned

• farm-fresh eggs
  • thinly sliced deli ham
  • acid-free orange juice
  • wonder bread
  • overripe bananas
  • delicious red grapes

Overripe?! You don't get the green ones? Do you like eat them right away? Or what?

Speaking of grapes though, do you ever freeze yours? They're so good like that, on a hot day.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yeah I'm figuring you baseball jerks pushed for OOTP15 so I grabbed Blackwell on GOG.

jerks. also was rooting for KR0 but whatever.

jerks

Guys, here's my own list for this steam sale:

-Does it have GFWL? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.
-Does it have Uplay? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.
-Should i just buy it now or will it be cheaper during a daily/flash sale? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.
-Does it have the potential to be in a humble bundle in about 2-3 months? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.
-Is it a game I already have on a console where i also bought it on sale there but i haven't even played more than 5 minutes of it? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.

Arthea

Guys, here's my own list for this steam sale:

-Does it have GFWL? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.
-Does it have Uplay? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.
-Should i just buy it now or will it be cheaper during a daily/flash sale? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.
-Does it have the potential to be in a humble bundle in about 2-3 months? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.
-Is it a game I already have on a console where i also bought it on sale there but i haven't even played more than 5 minutes of it? If so, fuck that, im going to buy it anyway but fuck that.

this list strikes me like just taken of my list to do list

Yrael

I finished the game "Actual Sunlight" (a shorty story about depression and suicide) today. I've been feeling gloomy and introspective ever since. It hit me quite hard. I do recommend it for anyone who can handle it; it's a brutally honest depiction of severe depression (or at least, one of the ways in which it can manifest).

I like this idea, expanded list
Turfster doesn't like:
3) Lists
4) BioInf
5) losing raffles
6) grey market
7) something else I'm forgetting

f7c1c032962f922321f3b72704855b90-ironic-list-of-things-i-hate-written-on-a-wall.jpg

Yeah, I've got quite the list going here too, and all the recommendations that I've been reading haven't been helping either:

Moonbase Commander (not expecting a flash sale on a 10+ year-old game, but hey, you never know)
They Bleed Pixels
Creeper World 3
Receiver
Cook, Serve, Delicious
Cargo
Proteus
Retro/Grade
One Finger Death Punch
Full Bore (maybe)
Hexcells
Super Hexagon
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Pac Man Championship Edition
Audiosurf

Yikes... now that I've written all that down, that's more than I was expecting. Might have to cull the herd a bit.

About Hexcells, I'm just playing the last levels and I would recommend you to purchase the Hexcells + Hexcells plus bundle, as the first one is very good but also a little short and I gather the DLC adds more content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom