• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amneisac

More like TeamBlowOurLoadAllAtOnce. I think blue team is dumb for putting out that many points...they're gonna need it for the last day if other teams decide to try and win.

I really don't think this is how it works. It's just too odd that every day a different team has run away with a huge lead. I think it's more or less completely arbitrary who wins. I can't imagine that teams are somehow coordinated this well. I think the whole thing is pretty much bullshit and they're just picking a random team to win by a landslide each day.

Xhorder

Got myself some Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed DLC. I love this game and a shame that I didn't own Ryo yet... Also got Metal Gear Rising!

Continuing the giveaway train.... My first modbot giveaway so let me know if i messed it up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for outunderthestars:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legend of Dungeon Steam -- MB-8FD1F581BF86B2F7 - Taken by intheinbetween. 11 entrants total.

t1403627270z1.png

My turn to share the love.

Wow! Amazing giveaway! :D Thanks for being so generous!!!

Dinosur

More like TeamBlowOurLoadAllAtOnce. I think blue team is dumb for putting out that many points...they're gonna need it for the last day if other teams decide to try and win.

Yes. I am very much looking forward to the final day bloodbath when all the gentlemanly rules go out the window.

Enjoy your one and only win today, Blue. :p

Saganator

Really hoping for Woflenstein to go on sale today. I'm probably going to get today anyways, been holding back on it for too long, take wait any longer.

_hekk05

Banned
I really don't think this is how it works. It's just too odd that every day a different team has run away with a huge lead. I think it's more or less completely arbitrary who wins. I can't imagine that teams are somehow coordinated this well. I think the whole thing is pretty much bullshit and they're just picking a random team to win by a landslide each day.

No. On the second day, purple and red were fighting to the death. Such signs of non-collusion early in the sale and such obvious signs of collusion deeper into the sale indicates a changing situation that does not support the theory of picked teams

Saganator

No. On the second day, purple and red were fighting to the death. Such signs of non-collusion early in the sale and such obvious signs of collusion deeper into the sale indicates a changing situation that does not support the theory of picked teams

How do you know Valve just made it look like they were fighting to the death?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
There is a high chance that this may not work. If so, I am sorry in advance.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-65E53D67DF78112A - Taken by Beelzebubs

Luigi87

So far I've saved up to $3.85 by selling my non-Summer trading cards.
I realize I now have enough for Rogue Legacy, though I was initially waiting for that to come to PS4 (but it's already late June now...)

Decisions.

_hekk05

Banned
How do you know Valve just made it look like they were fighting to the death?

Mostly because there was some guy on purple who got hundreds of levels of sale badges that day.

Whales exist, and I don't think volvo would have bothered to include a live score counter if the results were rigged by them in the first place

Not really, see this for example:

Even going from the limited sample of my friendslist's (~50 in each team) contributions today:

Red: 30
Blue: 144
Pink: 64
Green: 73
Purple: 3 (lol)

Not as extreme, and most definitely not a representative sample, but still meaningful.
The avarage contribution to non-blue teams is 42.5 points, while Blue has >3 times that.

But it's all Valve doing it.

After several days of consistent coordination, it makes more sense to wait for your day to cash in on points. Or it's a big conspiracy. Either one.

Well shit 30 mins out I thought I would bite the bullet on Kingdoms of Amalur but I just realised I have to transfer money from my other account to my Steam-verified one. Well, fuck.

A bit more Pixeljunk Shooter propaganda.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-E5BED0EC0409C654 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Pixeljunk Shooter #2 -- MB-B13F4833AF7E6B76 - Taken by _hekk05

Tomodachi

My Steam is acting weird, my downloads won't start. They go for about 5 seconds, then stop and appear in the "update required (not queued)" section of the downloads page. What's up? Is this a server issue?

Kinda a noob question, everyone says wait for flash/daily sales. But are the community sales a buy or shall I wait for it to possibly show up as flash/daily.

I'm looking to get sim city 4 for $5 and don't know if a better deal will appear for it or not. I know some items that didn't get voted in still appeared. That's why I'm asking.

Still crossing my fingers and waiting for civ 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom