• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only bought Age of Empires 2 for this sale. School + work combo is killing me. I rather buy one game and play it than seeing it there on the library page, unused and unloved.

Also Marlow (?) Briggs is PURE FUN. I was so wrong dismissing this game before based on the graphics I've seen.

I've only bought Age of Empires 2 for this sale. School + work combo is killing me. I rather buy one game and play it than seeing it there on the library page, unused and unloved.

Also Marlow (?) Briggs is PURE FUN. I was so wrong dismissing this game before based on the graphics I've seen.

dismissing any game based on graphics is bad gaming practice.

Copons

Salsa's national anthem is cool, reminds me of De Beers diamonds commercials.

(bye! see you later, hold your giveaways for after Italy-Uruguay)

EDIT shit i'm out of beers this gonna be tough

Ibuki

Banned
unfortunately its uplay, same as Child of Light, that's why we need them to go on sale on steam, there is no real choice here.

If you buy either thru any 3rd party I am pretty sure it's a uplay key. I'm gonna bite the bullet just to have it on Steam. :p

Anyone know how to bypass the 24 hour inventory gift email limit? I bought four more of these and don't want to send them one a day
ModBot said:
Instructions for Spring-Loaded:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spring-Loaded, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-7D8E91247E5795D6 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 25 entrants total.

t1403626368z1.png

cicero

Eh, I hope we caught it early enough.
I remember a few sales ago, it started an avalanche of pages full of nothing but lists =p
Also, yes, the conspiracy theory stuff is annoying too =p
Except that final day lists are actually constructive to some people given that they often highlight underappreciated gems or little known deals that could be of interest. That kind of interest is why there has usually been a thread devoted entirely to last day deals. I didn't even know that Creeper World 3 had been added to Steam until Vlad posted it in his last day of the sale list in response to outunderthestars. That to me is far more interesting than the whole non-stop color wars banter.

I have quite the last-minute pickup list going myself

• farm-fresh eggs
  • lactose-free organic milk
  • thinly sliced deli ham
    [*]acid-free orange juice
  • wonder bread
  • overripe bananas
  • delicious red grapes
Oh god, I'm going to spend so much.

Doesn't acid free OJ defeat one of the main purposes of OJ?

Turfster

Except that final day lists are actually constructive to some people given that they often highlight underappreciated gems or little known deals that could be of interest. That to me is far more interesting than the whole non-stop color wars banter.
I agree with this. We're barely halfway, tho, so not really time for that yet.
Also, my annoyance with the color wars bullshit is well documented by now.

Omerta deal on GOG is over, no immediate replacement.
Probably going to space them out by 3 hours to cover the entire day.

dot

Ugh...started Nether last night and had to create an account. Apparently people are having trouble creating accounts? I don't know. Anyways, I think the game broke my internet...lol. Couldn't get online for the whole night (i guess i need a new router maybe).

Not exactly a good first impression. >_>

Sarcasm

Ugh...started Nether last night and had to create an account. Apparently people are having trouble creating accounts? I don't know. Anyways, I think the game broke my internet...lol. Couldn't get online for the whole night (i guess i need a new router maybe).

Not exactly a good first impression. >_>

If your talking about now the servers are down actually. They are upgrading & adding more servers.

velociraptor

ModBot said:
Instructions for velociraptor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space Origin -- MB-62900220C7146601 - Taken by Subject16
Neighbours from Hell Steam -- MB-8CEF26B553A9FB97 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Red Alert 3 Uprising #2 -- MB-10E891B1FB51DEE1 - Taken by biRdy
Burnout Paradise Origin -- MB-224E94ECA83C1934 - Taken by harrypmgaga
Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-3E3640B6FF096193 - Taken by Ezalc
Popolous Origin -- MB-44E77DF7184DFCB8
I *think* Red Alert #2 is an Origin key. Not sure which one is the Steam key but I guess you'll just have to try and find out!

swx

HB key

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Botanicula -- MB-6B0ECCE55D307965 - Taken by purg3. 5 entrants total.

t1403626919z1.png

Except that final day lists are actually constructive to some people given that they often highlight underappreciated gems or little known deals that could be of interest. That kind of interest is why there has usually been a thread devoted entirely to last day deals. I didn't even know that Creeper World 3 had been added to Steam until Vlad posted it in his last day of the sale list in response to outunderthestars. That to me is far more interesting than the whole non-stop color wars banter.

There's typically a separate thread for your hauls, and works perfectly for the reason you mentioned.

Cutting that out of this thread, and skipping over the color wars banter, you get pretty decent distilled Steam talk. "I'm going to buy X and I want your opinion why I shouldn't," and so on.

One of the most useful questions to me is about the strength of a community for a game, since it's not easily checked out through metacritic or whatever, and Steam Stats seems borked for some games.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Insurgency has a big enough community? And for those playing Secret Ponchos, is it as cool as its art style makes it out to be?

3phemeral

New-page repost:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-63A1C6F9E1EF9E95
Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm -- MB-9BC7852D1D9C0F50
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-4983C366B44B1C7A

t1403678767z1.png

-----

In other news, looks like that Dark Souls II giveaway (among others) that famfrit posted may have been bogus as it's been confirmed he entered junk keys into modbot when submitting the giveaway. I've contacted him with alternative ways of transferring the key but I've yet to hear from him since his first reply stating modbot was probably not working properly. Also sucks if they're bogus because everyone else who may have been trolled now has a flag against them should anyone create a giveaway using any NOWINNERS variant.

I just want him to confirm if they were fake so I can know whether or not I can enter another raffle.

So just a fair warning to other uses if famfrit posts another giveaway: you might be trolled. =-/

ibjG39PZXATK3b.gif

New-page repost:

-----

In other news, looks like that Dark Souls II giveaway (among others) that famfrit posted may have been bogus as it's been confirmed he entered junk keys into modbot when submitting the giveaway. I just want him to confirm if they were so I can know whether or not I can enter another raffle. I've contacted him with alternatives ways of transferring the key but I've yet to hear from him since his first reply stating modbot was probably not working properly. Also sucks if they're bogus because everyone else who may have been trolled now has a flag against them should anyone submit a key using any NOWINNERS variant.

So just a fair warning to other uses if famfrit posts another giveaway: you might be trolled. =-/

ibjG39PZXATK3b.gif

this.

JustLynx

Ending soon!

Attention!!!
This Steam key is restricted to US CA MX PR BS PA BZ CR SV GT HN NI VE CO GY SR GF BR PE BO PY UY AR CL EC
Please don't enter if you're not from those countries...
Good luck!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Inversion -- MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272

t1403633764z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom