• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
My Steam is acting weird, my downloads won't start. They go for about 5 seconds, then stop and appear in the "update required (not queued)" section of the downloads page. What's up? Is this a server issue?

Heh. The can't stop laughing bundle i bought out of spite as a steam gift isn't even appearing in my inventory. Had to submit a support ticket to volvo

volvo pls fix

Chariot

Kinda a noob question, every one says wait for flash/dailys. But are the community sales a buy or shall I wait for it to possibly show up as flash/daily.

I'm looking to get sim city 4 for $5 and don't know if a better deal will appear for it or not. I know some items that didn't get voted in still appeared. That's why I'm asking.

Still crossing my fingers and waiting for civ 5.
Communty - Flash - Daily are all equal. Community is just an awful long word.

Yakkue

Kinda a noob question, everyone says wait for flash/daily sales. But are the community sales a buy or shall I wait for it to possibly show up as flash/daily.

I'm looking to get sim city 4 for $5 and don't know if a better deal will appear for it or not. I know some items that didn't get voted in still appeared. That's why I'm asking.

flash = daily = community choice.
It won't get cheaper (usually).

Kinda a noob question, every one says wait for flash/dailys. But are the community sales a buy or shall I wait for it to possibly show up as flash/daily.

Community sales are priced the same as daily/flash, so go ahead and go for it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
My Steam is acting weird, my downloads won't start. They go for about 5 seconds, then stop and appear in the "update required (not queued)" section of the downloads page. What's up? Is this a server issue?

I'm having issues activating keys right now too. Comes back as the steam server is not available.

edit: logged out and back in and its working now.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Kinda a noob question, everyone says wait for flash/daily sales. But are the community sales a buy or shall I wait for it to possibly show up as flash/daily.

Daily/flash/community are the same deep discount.

Ibuki

Banned
Almost that time of day!

2560940-0634426736-71561.gif

Arthea

To all people asking, Banished being free is still unclear. It's not sure deal or anything.

edited: if it will appear as freebie, I'm sure gog thread on gaf will have info about it.

Vlad

Ha! Sorry. My first real Steam Sale. That said, it breaks up the "Go (insert colors here) and "the color game is rigged" posts. :D

Exactly. At least we're talking about actual games!

About Hexcells, I'm just playing the last levels and I would recommend you to purchase the Hexcells + Hexcells plus bundle, as the first one is very good but also a little short and I gather the DLC adds more content.

Ah, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Chariot

Almost that time of day!
Tonight our wallets dine in hell!

ikisDq99lJM30.gif
That, is frankly, dumb. Isn't Banished still in beta? Regardless it's still super new.
I dunno, the developer is really nice, I could totally see him shelling out the game for free.

I missed that. Also they're 2 hour deals? When am I supposed to sleep?
Sleep? Huhuhuhuhu.
Also: nice avatar. Usually I don't like cosplay and I like Date A Live even less, but somehow she seems appealing.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hello once more my fine fellow friends following the faddiest fervour of this fine festival of falling finances. How is everyone today?

I have a question, is there a way to check on other people's progress on obtaining a badge or to spot what cards they may be missing?

I have quite the last-minute pickup list going myself

• acid-free orange juice

• How does one get acid-free orange juice? Wait, is this juice that rather than the delicious bit inside turned to juice, it's just the skin of the orange turned to pulp and placed in water? Or worse, just sugar water of orange colour with no fruit at all?

Vlad

Btw does SimCity 4 still have the online only stuff or did they fix that up? Thanks!

Uhh, unless I'm really mistaken, that's not SimCity 4 you're thinking about. SimCity 4 came out in 2003, and from everything I've read, is vastly superior to the recently-released, online-only, tiny-citied one, called just "SimCity".

MBison

Uhh, unless I'm really mistaken, that's not SimCity 4 you're thinking about. SimCity 4 came out in 2003, and from everything I've read, is vastly superior to the recently-released, online-only, tiny-citied one, called just "SimCity".

Oh haha duh sorry.

_hekk05

Banned
Woohoo! Thanks CecilRousso for pixeljunk shooters! As an extra benefit, putting that gift into my steam inventory finally made my cant stop laughing bundle appear.

Volvo fixed it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom