• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Italy stalling the shit out of the match and playing up dat drama. I need new deals already cause watching this is embarrasing.

what do you have against gog, again?

With the quantity of titles I have in Steam, my OCD and my laziness want everything in one client. I'm also a bit of an achievement hunter, so playing the DRM version is going to lose those achievements (if it had them).

I apparently own BioShock, Viva Pinata, and Age of Empires III from the GFWL marketplace... but I can almost never bother to remember that and it's not worth dealing with another site/client to me.

Against GOG? That's a rarity

I can understand wanting everything tied to your steam account

Not against, but you have the right idea in your spoiler, sir.

Enjoy your DRM

I will, thanks!

Ewww, DRM-free game for free.

Hahaha... not quite... but you get the idea.

--

So T-9 minutes until the day rolls over. I have 1 point for blue, am I good for an entry into the "win 3 games from my wishlist" raffle?

dot

10 minutes BLUE TEAM CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR TEH GAMES

charlie_excited.gif

Always crank up AF, there's little to no performance impact these days.

You can fix tearing by enabling vsync, however when your framerate drops below 60 it'll cap down to 30, resulting in stuttering. AMD has something like an adaptive vsync option which will only enable vsync above 60fps.

ok and what about 4 x MSAA?

Also, how do i enable V sync - i couldnt see it in the options screen on the game...

krpiper

I wanted OOTP so bad. They are fantastic games.

I hope we get it as a daily or flash.

If not OOTP usually goes for $20 during the All Star break, from the publishers website

Ibuki

Banned
Pointing and clicking over racing at 200 mph around a track. That makes a lot of fucking sense.

I prefer point & click adventures over racing games. I don't think I am the only one (obviously judging by the vote). Or maybe they were just trollin', guess we will never know.

Blizzard

Banned
I really don't think this is how it works. It's just too odd that every day a different team has run away with a huge lead. I think it's more or less completely arbitrary who wins. I can't imagine that teams are somehow coordinated this well. I think the whole thing is pretty much bullshit and they're just picking a random team to win by a landslide each day.
It would seem odd that the Reddit day-coordination could 100% predict the winner each day, however. If any day ends up NOT matching Reddit, then that could be partial evidence of rigging. Or people could argue that Valve rigged it based on the Reddit schedule, but that's bordering on unprovable conspiracy territory I think.

With no conspiracy and the Reddit schedule, everyone working together is the easiest and benefits everyone, except me who was dumb and did not craft a badge on the first red day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom