• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca

It's already been on the community's choice. -75% on the main game and -50% on the Dragonfall DLC, if I remember correctly. Hopefully you'll get a second chance because the game seems really fun and the DLC apparently is even better.

Crap then, I missed it too then.

Giving back to this awesome thread

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Miner Wars Arena Special Edition -- MB-EFB2D88D1EBC8A14
Alien Rage: Unlimited -- MB-51ED12DFA2A386F6
Scourge Outbreak Ambrosia Bundle -- MB-B015AE14C1B06150
Combat Wings Battle of Britain -- MB-D09524141EBC336E
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 -- MB-3FA297C771E4D4F4 - Taken by OrlanisWorks. 7 entrants total.

t1403476590z1.png

Chariot

I have a copy of Battleblock Theatre that I can't gift through modbot. Please send me a PM with a bad pun and your steamprofile. Will send it tomorrow after class to the one with the worst pun.

Salsa

wondering if I should get Outlast even tho im a pussy

steam store page apparently has a 60fps trailer for it, weird

Halo 2

Banned
You are the man. I'm only at $12. I need more cell phones.

Are you using different emails with each entry?
I asked a couple co workers today if I could use their phones. Yeah different email/phone for each.

To the guy who asked what region I think it's US only. Canada gets a Payless shoes credit I've heard. :p

Volimar

Was about to fire up Tomb Raider when avast pinged and said steam had malware. Eep. Scanning the crap out of my computer now.

Avast says:

win32:malware-gen

vrserver.exe

found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\vr\runtime\bin

Malwarebytes didn't find anything, and so far, a full system scan hasn't shown anything either.

Hoping it was a false positive.

Copons

sooooo.... is Copons ever online or what?

He's a heavy sleeper.

NHNIjft.gif

only when dupy is not

Oh hi!

I was out having wine, some cous cous, other wine, chicken curry, beers, a chicken pita, other beers, a tuna club sandwich, some chips and the motherfucking best bloody mary I ever had in my entire life.

Of course I bought Battleblock Theater the very moment I booted the computer, just to discover two minutes later good guy Rhaknar was being best guy Rhaknar instead.

Now I would like a ModBot whitelist (
aka the most sought-after prize a SteamGAFfer could aim to obtain
) just to whitelist Rhaknar every day until Stumpo bans my IP.

Seriously, the guy is gold.
As several other people here are, of course, but today he's the golder of them all.
It's probably not a coincidence most of them come from some random, never heard before European country, like Lusitania, or Gaul, or even Britannia.
Love you guys. Even if I don't rule above you anymore, I really love you.

KarmaCow

Welcome to your new life.

itx7wpzKxtnth.gif

Finally playing Payday 1 after playing Payday 2 for so long, I really hope the next few heists are even bigger and more complex than Big Bank. Going back to something like Diamond Store in PD2 after playing Diamond Heist in PD1, it feels so cramped. They improved on everything but the maps/missions.

Kadin

The fact that the other 4 teams have been relatively close these past two days while one is way out in front is more suspicious to me then anything.
From the outset I was very suspicious that this whole thing wasn't legit and it just seems more and more to appear that way. I'm not crying foul yet, I'm just saying that I'm noticing some really odd things going on.

But honestly at the end of the day I'm not concerned as the odds of me winning my 3 games on the day Red wins is already so small that it's pointless to squabble over. So with that said, I'll just keep my eyes on whatever good deals continue to come around. That's it.

I can see that happening. We read so many titles with and without numbers during these sales and we're just humans.
For now.
lol and sorry again

I need some help from US-Steam-GAF:
On Amazon Borderlands 2 GOTY is only 9.99$ that's 7.35€
Same deal on Steam is 11.24€ that's 15.28$ !
A difference of 5.29$ !!!

Plus, my biggest problem is on Steam I can only get a censored version.

So, please US guys. Can anyone trustworthy buy Borderlands 2 GOTY from Amazon for me?

Hugstable

Banned
I just want to thank all you guys that are putting up all these giveaways! It's awesome to all see things like this within the community. I wish I had more to contribute, but I dont't have much set aside for the sale in the first place besides for if Dark Souls 2 goes on sale. Seeing all these giveaways has made me want to contribute as well though, and I will be raffling off about 2 or 3 copies of Half Minute Hero later afyer it goes on sale.

Btw when I go to buy the game on steam, do I purchase it as a gift? And they give you the key which I PM to modbot?

TsuXna

B..buu...but how then how would I get berated by my landlady every other day??

I'm in need of Metal Gear Rising and South Park....;-;w sad....!
Your lady will be mine too. I'm trading two games for your Japanese life. Metal Gear Rising and Carmans fart are worth it.

blamite

641yP5S.png

So I got one of these things and I have no idea what to do with it, I guess I just sell it for 4 cents or so if I don't want it?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
lol and sorry again

I need some help from US-Steam-GAF:
On Amazon Borderlands 2 GOTY is only 9.99$ that's 7.35€
Same deal on Steam is 11.24€ that's 15.28$ !
A difference of 5.29$ !!!

Plus, my biggest problem is on Steam I can only get a censored version.

So, please US guys. Can anyone trustworthy buy Borderlands 2 GOTY from Amazon for me?

Would region locking be a problem for that game? I have a ton of trouble with figuring out that stuff.

Sajjaja

Was about to fire up Tomb Raider when avast pinged and said steam had malware. Eep. Scanning the crap out of my computer now.

Avast says:

win32:malware-gen

vrserver.exe

found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\vr\runtime\bin

Malwarebytes didn't find anything, and so far, a full system scan hasn't shown anything either.

Hoping it was a false positive.

I got the same thing. Probably a false positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom