• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythian

what
ad6ea079a3.jpg
I don't remember this.

You have to be blind to see that something wasn't up. All teams except one had almost the same points during the whole day. Point stealings that made no sense.

How many points did you earn for your team on days "rigged" for other teams? By the third day, it was pretty obvious people were saving up their badges for their team's day.

I don't see what's so hard to believe about that.

Turfster

you terrible person, you know
I already bought bundle!

Hey, I said "if you want"
And with the "everything 66% off, now only the ultimate pack 66% off and standalone 15% off, now standalone 90% off but twipack still 15% off" shenanigans, it's hard to keep up.

Karish

How is Splinter Cell Blacklist PC online community? Already beat SP campaign on 360 so would be buying for multiplayer only

Sober

Kinda interested in Blacklist with so many of you recommending it, though I put Conviction on hold because I was getting confused with the story, I don't really like starting from the middle of the plot.
Conviction's plot barely matters. Even so, there are like "codex" entries that kinda summarize Conviction's plot.

Arthea

Hey, I said "if you want"
And with the "everything 66% off, now only the ultimate pack 66% off and standalone 15% off, now standalone 90% off but twipack still 15% off" shenanigans, it's hard to keep up.

well, now you'll have to enter my giveaway, as I bought that bundle for one freaking Hulk!

Ibuki

Banned
The other one's percentages are higher and the games are cheaper, so it'll win.

Have fun playing your game in 2 weeks, maybe, when Ubi's shit servers stop crumbling under the weight of the Steam sale and you can finally log in.

I played Watch Dogs last night without issue, I think this contains a bit of exaggeration.

Vlad

Kentucky Route Zero is totally worth it if you like one or more of these:

a) Interactive stories (such as Telltale games)
b) Art-sy games
c) Minimalism
d) Weirdness

B, C, and D all sound good to me, but I don't believe I've ever played anything in the "interactive story" genre. Are there any puzzles or anything impeding your progress, or is it just walking around and looking at stuff and talking to people?

Haunted

Smart change from Valve, makes rigging the thing a lot harder. Any new plans on reddit or will it revert to a free-for-all now?

Also, I own all 8 games in the community vote LOL

I just got all the summer adventure cards. From what I understand, am I supposed craft them on a day my team might win if I want to get the chance of winning some games on my wishlist?

Accoun

Looks like I can get Cyan complete pack for the same price as Real Myst. As someone who has never played a Myst game, are they still playable by today's standards?
It's pretty much a slideshow (everything's prerendered) with puzzles on some of them (with music and some movies). I'd say watch some video review or something like that. Frankly, if you won't have problems running it, you might be OK. Or at least for me the presentation wasn't that much of a downside, although it may differ for most people.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Honestly, PvZ and Poker Night have been extensively discounted, Dredmor, World of Goo, Bastion, and Awesomenauts have all been in high profile bundles. This comes down to Rayman vs Broken Age, both of which are receiving best-yet discounts if they win. For me, Rayman has UPlay (and I own it on Wii U, but I wouldn't buy it for $1 on PC because it has UPlay) so it's gotta be Broken Age.

Don't know why I ever bother hoping that COD games will get a decent discount. I just want to play some Zombies and Gun Game. Oh well. Killing Floor 2 is out this year, all other coop horde modes can disappear at that point.

You have to find it on the front page and purchase from there

http://www.gog.com/

It's not there for me :S
is it a geo-blocked thing?

Don't know why I ever bother hoping that COD games will get a decent discount. I just want to play some Zombies and Gun Game. Oh well. Killing Floor 2 is out this year, all other coop horde modes can disappear at that point.

50% is a decent discount imo?

Soroc

You have to be blind to see that something wasn't up. All teams except one had almost the same points during the whole day. Point stealings that made no sense.

Yeah Reddit and common sense was what was up. Valve changes the rules and now we have a free for all again. All the community organization went out the window. We'll see how long this keeps u before the community organizes top 3's per day next.

Gilby

B, C, and D all sound good to me, but I don't believe I've ever played anything in the "interactive story" genre. Are there any puzzles or anything impeding your progress, or is it just walking around and looking at stuff and talking to people?

It's just "stream of consciousness narrative" focused, so there's not really too much in the way of puzzles except figuring out where to go next. That said, it's easily the most well-written game in existence. It has also recently been at a deeper discount and still has 2 chapters left before it's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom