• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I really want to buy Niddhogg, but I'm pretty sure I'd never play Niddhogg. At least not with another person enough to make it worthwhile. Stupid fun local games and their stupid requirements of knowing people.

MadGear

GAF I feel horrible...
I convinced my sister's boyfriend to make a Steam account, and he already has more than 20 games... WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

Something like this needs "convincing"? I thought it's inevitable to happen with most games requiring steam.

Onionkid

Honestly, PvZ and Poker Night have been extensively discounted, Dredmor, World of Goo, Bastion, and Awesomenauts have all been in high profile bundles. This comes down to Rayman vs Broken Age, both of which are receiving best-yet discounts if they win. For me, Rayman has UPlay (and I own it on Wii U, but I wouldn't buy it for $1 on PC because it has UPlay) so it's gotta be Broken Age.

Yea, this is basically how I saw it. Voted for Broken Age, hope it wins!

Rudakus

Disappointing that none of the Space Hulk DLC is on sale (dont fancy buying the ultimate pack as I already own the default game)

Its been significantly patched since then addressing more or less every issue mentioned there

Did you check the Humble bundle store for the DLC?

jediyoshi

IT'S NOT THERE FOR ME.

caps lol.

Did you actually try hunting it down? It's nestled far down the page

oWel0Bb.png

AHA-Lambda

Honestly, PvZ and Poker Night have been extensively discounted, Dredmor, World of Goo, Bastion, and Awesomenauts have all been in high profile bundles. This comes down to Rayman vs Broken Age, both of which are receiving best-yet discounts if they win. For me, Rayman has UPlay (and I own it on Wii U, but I wouldn't buy it for $1 on PC because it has UPlay) so it's gotta be Broken Age.

God damn right.

B, C, and D all sound good to me, but I don't believe I've ever played anything in the "interactive story" genre. Are there any puzzles or anything impeding your progress, or is it just walking around and looking at stuff and talking to people?

There really isn't much in the way of puzzles. There are a couple things you maybe have to figure out, like driving directions, but it's all in service of the narrative, which is one of the strongest I've ever seen in this genre. If you like Twin Peaks at all, you must play this game.

You're thinking logically. The Steam Community does not. They'll see "OMGZ Plantz vs. Zombiez" and vote for that automatically.

_woLf

So are people just abandoning the whole equal team winning thing now? Is that why Purple got 30k points stolen?

Go figure :(

I already own Blacklist but if I didn't, I still wouldn't jump in on this deal. Don't get me wrong... I love Blacklist. The thing is I refuse to support ubisoft now after the shit they pulled with Watch_Dogs. I'm anti-ubi until they develop a well optimized game for the PC platform.

Now with my rant out of the way... should I bite on Torchlight II? lol

Pachimari

I can't decide if I should grab Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty 2.

I have Modern Warfare 1 for PC and Call of Duty 2 were my all time favorite Call of Duty game.

Uthred

How many points did you earn for your team on days "rigged" for other teams? By the third day, it was pretty obvious people were saving up their badges for their team's day.

I don't see what's so hard to believe about that.

Whats hard to believe is that it always shows all the teams having points stolen from them, yesterday all the other teams showed more point stealing going on for the four runner up teams than the winning team. Considering that until today the nature of the thing meant that a) it made no sense to steal from anyone other than the lead team, b) for the last few days the lead teams have had unassailable leads so stealing was pointless and c) the stealing items sell for a fair bit on the marketplace, it seems unlikely that anyone would steal never mind the crowds that were supposedly doing it constantly.

Jeremy

Getting Brothers and Nidhogg for sure.

Here are the ones I am not sure about so feel free to try to convince me:

• Shadow Warrior

• Murdered: Soul Suspect (reviews aren't good but it just looks so intriguing!)

• Kentucky Route Zero (I really have never enjoyed a point and click game but the game looks really beautiful and like it's not a pure point and click game)

I guess since every team won once the training wheels are off.

Watching everyone fight for first is what this should have looked like in the beginning.

So are people just abandoning the whole equal team winning thing now? Is that why Purple got 30k points stolen?

Go figure :(

Valve changed the outcome of winning, so essentially anyone that made points for their team has a chance to win at least one game.

Now that Reddit can't rig it anymore, it's way more interesting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
missed Starforge 75% this morning... stupid need to sleep bah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom