• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don't get why anyone cares about the team thing, isn't it just to get a small chance to be chosen to receive a few games off your wishlist? Not really a big deal.

641yP5S.png

So I got one of these things and I have no idea what to do with it, I guess I just sell it for 4 cents or so if I don't want it?

If you don't play that game, pretty much, yeah. I crafted a summer badge, got some Warframe item, don't plan on ever playing it, sold it for half a buck.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly don't get why anyone cares about the team thing, isn't it just to get a small chance to be chosen to receive a few games off your wishlist? Not really a big deal.

I'm pretty sure that most of us are just having fun with it. I doubt that most people here are actually serious at all about the "competition" :p

Sini

Last repost
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broforce -- MB-443D0C2B88E97367 - Taken by Necromanti. 172 entrants total.
Steam Marines -- MB-322D12C55F00201D - Taken by outunderthestars. 12 entrants total.
Steam Marines #2 -- MB-6361053848B2C60C - Taken by Purkake4. 11 entrants total.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition -- MB-0A59FD2709E1C554 - Taken by cHinzo. 34 entrants total.
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut -- MB-A063766286169688 - Taken by Shalashaska. 16 entrants total.
Braid -- MB-AFC91F154AC75223 - Taken by Leg-End. 7 entrants total.

t1403477415z1.png

The Anniversary thing is coming to the PC and Steam. It's already released for XBOX360.
Will wait for that then.

I'd like to remind people that I'm taking requests for games from the Russian store. You'll need to send the money in advance by PayPal gift in roubles (this is important) and I'll buy the game for you. Do check if the game you want is region locked beforehand though, it's entirely your responsibility. Exact same prices as the Russian store, no extras — I'm just helping you get the games on the cheap.

Talk to me on Steam (preferable) or send a PM. You can check the Russian prices by adding ?cc=ru to any Steam linke (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ru), go back to your store by similarly adding ?cc=xx to any link, xx being the code of your region (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us).
Repping Tenrius for the gift trade we just completed; his little PayPal issue resolved on its own, so no worries. I'm definitely going to watch regional pricing from now on, the Russian discount on Fall of Cybertron is outrageous.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's really more about getting into the spirit of things and cheering for something you're a part of.

I do think it's rigged at this point, though.

Purchased: South Park: stick of truth + dlc and Double Dragon Neon today :-D.

Still under my budget for the sale so i might snare a few more bargains (hopefully at $5 each or so) for the remainder of the sale.

P3P5I

damn, 2x the lead on teams. Anyone know why or how every day one or two teams get such a large lead over the others? Is it a morale snowball thing?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah Battleblock is fantastic. I'm only near the end of World 1 and the narrator has coaxed a couple laughs from me. I especially enjoyed the secret level's music.

So, I have built up quite the backlog, and I'm looking on some advice on which I should play first.

I am currently playing through:

Transistor - This game is kind of disappointing. I find the battle system to be slow and redundant and the narration and story to be kind of bland.. I'm probably going to delete it.

Outlast - Oh man, this game is terrifying.. Gives me anxiety everytime I play it, it's incredible.

Here's my Backlog list (so far):

Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Dust: And Elysian Tail
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners 1 and 2
Half Minute Hero
Marlow Briggs
Ittle Dew
Metal Slug 3
Mirror's Edge
South Park: Stick of Truth
Risk of Rain
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves
Shadowrun Returns
Skulls of the Shogun
Tomb Raider
Witcher 1 and 2.

WHAT IS THE ORDER IN WHICH I CONQUER THESE GAMES?
HELP!

Halo 2

Banned
So, I have built up quite the backlog, and I'm looking on some advice on which I should play first.

Transistor - This game is kind of disappointing. I find the battle system to be slow and redundant and the narration and story to be kind of bland.. I'm probably going to delete it.

Outlast - Oh man, this game is terrifying.. Gives me anxiety everytime I play it, it's incredible.

Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners 1 and 2
Half Minute Hero
Marlow Briggs
Ittle Dew
Metal Slug 3
Mirror's Edge
Risk of Rain
Shadowrun Returns
Skulls of the Shogun
Tomb Raider
Witcher 1 and 2.

HELP!

Nice haul. Play marlow first.

Biochet

Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners 1 and 2
Half Minute Hero
Marlow Briggs
Ittle Dew
Metal Slug 3
Mirror's Edge
Risk of Rain
Shadowrun Returns
Skulls of the Shogun
Tomb Raider
Witcher 1 and 2.

HELP!

1- marlow briggs
2- everything else

Would region locking be a problem for that game? I have a ton of trouble with figuring out that stuff.
Yeah it's troublesome to find regionlocking info in one place.
But this is written beneath on Amazon.
So, I guess it is region-locked. But why?
Wouldn't that game work when I tried activating it in Europe? Is there no workaround/tricking possible, proxy or sth.?

Also, it seems only the first Borderlands is censored here whereas there is no warning on the steampage for the second game. I find that weird, since the games are very similar.
Again a dedicated place for this kind of info would be nice.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners 1 and 2
Half Minute Hero
Marlow Briggs
Ittle Dew
Metal Slug 3
Mirror's Edge
Risk of Rain
Shadowrun Returns
Skulls of the Shogun
Tomb Raider
Witcher 1 and 2.

HELP!

I'd start with Ittle Dew first since it's relatively shorter than games like the Witcher.

Purchased: South Park: stick of truth + dlc and Double Dragon Neon today :-D.

Still under my budget for the sale so i might snare a few more bargains (hopefully at $5 each or so) for the remainder of the sale.

Nice picks. SP:SoT starts out slow, but gets progressively crazier and crazier. If you like the show, you'll love the game.

TsuXna

Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners 1 and 2
Half Minute Hero
Marlow Briggs
Ittle Dew
Metal Slug 3
Mirror's Edge
Risk of Rain
Shadowrun Returns
Skulls of the Shogun
Tomb Raider
Witcher 1 and 2.

HELP!
Tomb rider
mirrors age
witchers
and finally borderlands it's gonna take you heck of loy of time, too much fun.

Sendou

Oh yeah Battleblock is fantastic. I'm only near the end of World 1 and the narrator has coaxed a couple laughs from me. I especially enjoyed the secret level's music.

I hope it's fun in co-op too! Loved Castle Crashers.

Anyone has any recommendations for games they found out shone in 2-player multiplayer especially?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom