• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I am a complete wreck when I wake up in the morning, 12 noon, and 8pm central during this Steam sale. It would be awesome if they chose my game for a flash sale. :D

If not, well, phooey. *counts down to 8pm*

Is the bonus content included with the purchase of Kentucky Route Zero in GOG worth it? They list the soundtrack of each act and 2 interludes.

The game has the same discount at the moment (-50%) so I don't know which version to buy.

Speevy

Banned
Is there a game-specific fix for Blackwell games that lets me see the bottom of the screen?

I'm playing on a 1080p TV, but the bottom choices are getting cut off.

Ibuki

Banned
How good is the Deathadder for everyday normal use? My current one is some Microsoft one and it's extremely ergonomic.

It is great, feels smooth and I barely have to move my wrist to navigate web pages etc. My mouse click just stopped working a few days ago, might have been because I dropped it. Before that it was flawless for everyday and gaming use!

scurker

So I can't seem to purchase anything on the store right now, I'm always getting this error returned:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Doesn't matter if I try through the browser or through the client - same error. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Terra_Ex

Is there a game-specific fix for Blackwell games that lets me see the bottom of the screen?

I'm playing on a 1080p TV, but the bottom choices are getting cut off.

Never had that issue myself but there's an .exe file in each game's directory (agssetup.exe iirc) that will let you configure resolution options, etc.

Vuze

I love it. Finally a race again. Finally blood and gore. FINALLY KRIEG!

Meine Kameraden, meine Kameraden, ich liebe ihn, den Krieg.
Meine Kameraden, ich liebe den Krieg.
Meine Kameraden, ihr alle wisst, wie sehr ich den Krieg liebe.
Ich liebe das Punktestehlen, ich liebe die Provokationen,
Ich liebe es Abzeichen zu kreiieren, ich liebe Schwanzvergleich,
Ich liebe die Stagnation, ich liebe es sie zu durchbrechen,
Ich liebe es mit der Fahne zu wedeln, ich liebe es mit ihr auf Leute einzudreschen.
In GAF, in reddit, in steam, on facebook, on twitter, in other insignificant communities
Ich liebe das Herunterrattern der Punkte wenn sie zu tausenden gestohlen werden,
Ich bin begeistert wenn andere Teams in einem einzigen Zug vom ersten auf den letzten Platz schrumpfen.
Ich liebe es wenn wir Kopf an Kopf rennen und dem Gegner auf einmal davon laufen.
Ich hab mich unglaublich befreit gefühlt, als wir mit unseren Abzeichen den ersten Platz zerschreddert haben.
Ich liebe es, wenn Leute Bilder passend zu ihrem Team editieren.
Es begeistert mich immer wieder blöde Wortwitze zu lesen, die immer wieder und wieder wiederholt werden.
Es war ein erhebender Anblick wenn Verräter zu einem anderen Team gewechselt sind und dann verloren haben.
Unübertrefflich ist der Gedanke, dass die Leute so viel Geld herumwerfen mit einer geringen Change etwas daraus zu bekommen.
Ich wünsche mir von Herzen den Krieg.
Ich wünsche mir einen Krieg der weitaus schlimmer als Tag eins und zwei ist.
Ich frage euch nun: Was ist euer Wunsch, Kameraden? Wünscht ihr euch wie ich einen weiteren Krieg? Wünscht ihr euch einen unbarmherzigen, brutalen, schmutzigen Krieg?

Aaaalles klar haha :,D

-

Yup, yet another day without spending money on games for me, yesh!

So, is the alliance thing over? I also noticed that they changed the FAQ, was this today?:

Each day 1 team wins
Everyone is randomly assigned to a team when they click the "Join a Team" button above or when they craft a badge. Your points count toward your team’s daily total.

Each day the team with the most points wins. 30 members of the first place team who contributed points that day will win the top 3 games (currently available for purchase) from their Wishlist. Additionally, 20 members from the 2nd place team will win 2 games and 10 members from the 3rd place team will win 1. Make sure to update your Wishlist.

Nabs

these tools have a habit of not recongizing my controller

Does your computer recognize it when you plug it in (without any other tools)? It should show up as a "Wireless Controller." If it doesn't, something might be up with your connection.

Tizoc

I love it. Finally a race again. Finally blood and gore. FINALLY KRIEG!

Meine Kameraden, meine Kameraden, ich liebe ihn, den Krieg.
Meine Kameraden, ich liebe den Krieg.
Meine Kameraden, ihr alle wisst, wie sehr ich den Krieg liebe.
Ich liebe das Punktestehlen, ich liebe die Provokationen,
Ich liebe es Abzeichen zu kreiieren, ich liebe Schwanzvergleich,
Ich liebe die Stagnation, ich liebe es sie zu durchbrechen,
Ich liebe es mit der Fahne zu wedeln, ich liebe es mit ihr auf Leute einzudreschen.
In GAF, in reddit, in steam, on facebook, on twitter, in other insignificant communities
Ich liebe das Herunterrattern der Punkte wenn sie zu tausenden gestohlen werden,
Ich bin begeistert wenn andere Teams in einem einzigen Zug vom ersten auf den letzten Platz schrumpfen.
Ich liebe es wenn wir Kopf an Kopf rennen und dem Gegner auf einmal davon laufen.
Ich hab mich unglaublich befreit gefühlt, als wir mit unseren Abzeichen den ersten Platz zerschreddert haben.
Ich liebe es, wenn Leute Bilder passend zu ihrem Team editieren.
Es begeistert mich immer wieder blöde Wortwitze zu lesen, die immer wieder und wieder wiederholt werden.
Es war ein erhebender Anblick wenn Verräter zu einem anderen Team gewechselt sind und dann verloren haben.
Unübertrefflich ist der Gedanke, dass die Leute so viel Geld herumwerfen mit einer geringen Change etwas daraus zu bekommen.
Ich wünsche mir von Herzen den Krieg.
Ich wünsche mir einen Krieg der weitaus schlimmer als Tag eins und zwei ist.
Ich frage euch nun: Was ist euer Wunsch, Kameraden? Wünscht ihr euch wie ich einen weiteren Krieg? Wünscht ihr euch einen unbarmherzigen, brutalen, schmutzigen Krieg?

Is this from Hellsing anime?

rtcn63

I went on a ride-along with Rakhnar once. He's a bit on the hardcore side.

tumblr_m0fofygGqp1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

Kadin

Never played any of the Metro games but I'm thinking about picking up Last Light Complete. It looks like overall it has more positive reviews and even the negative reviews don't seem to be too bad.

What's SteamGAF's opinion on the game along with the dlc for $6.79?

edit - Forgot that the Complete version included the dlc.

Out of curiosity, which character class did you choose to start?

I chose one of the new classes I guess.

I think his name is Krieg.

It's fun wrecking havoc in Berserker Mode (?) and then seeing the aftermath with bodies of your enemies laying on the ground and the following complete silence.

pls don't think i'm a psycho

So, is the alliance thing over? I also noticed that they changed the FAQ, was this today?:

I can see this being changed as a move to reduce the lackluster performance of the losing teams and mix it up some, give people who aren't out in front a reason to still
spend money on badges
compete.

iosefe

Does your computer recognize it when you plug it in (without any other tools)? It should show up as a "Wireless Controller." If it doesn't, something might be up with your connection.

i'm assuming a previous install of another tool is interfering, because it shows up as a 360 controller, but isn't recognized by this new tool. how do i go about doing a full scrub?

Ok, what the FUCK just happened?

I craft the summer badge, I see a window popping up saying I now have a guest pass for a game, but the image of the game doesn't load, and as I click on "manage my guest passes" in that window I get to my inventory but nothing is there?

So did I get a guest pass or not?

Vibranium

Banned
Valve so kind.

A couple more people out of the thousands will win.

I honestly would prefer everyone getting a chance to win an smaller indie game. instead of a minuscule amount of people getting some games (often bigger budget) off of their wishlist. Indie devs would probably be ok with working something out with Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom