• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Mmm thinking about blacklist..

Hows uplay..is it intrusive? Is blacklist worth another drm()?

If you don't get problems when it comes to activate the game (there was a thread about this today), uPlay it's really tame. It launches when you launch the game, and it closes when you close it. It doesn't even minimize. Personally, I've never had a problem with it.

webrunner

Dang, transistor hasn't shown up again after losing the community vote.

c'mon transistor daddy needs a new pair of.. playing.. transistor

ChronoX

I don't understand what's going on. There seems to be games on Daily Deals or Flash Deals that aren't appearing in the regular posted listings. Is there any way to keep up with this? Yesterday Age of Empires 2 HD was on a daily deal and I would never have known. Please help.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I should really start to activate games on steam. I almost bought the Blackwell games despite already having them from Indie Royale (got them muddled up with Gemini Rue; which I also have from there).

Heh, I did that too. Can't remember what game it was, but I thought....hang on... Went to the humble website and I had maybe 10-12 games I hadn't activated

The Blackwell Bundle and Age of Wonders 3 make this one of the best sale periods of the Great Summer Sale of '14. (They're great games you you should buy them!)

You know, they should really change the rules to include people who bought games.

Someone could spend thousands of dollars, sell all their cards, and not be entitled to anything. How is that fair?

They want people using the marketplace to buy things.

It isn't meant to be fair, it's meant to fill their vault.

From everything I've read, the game itself is fair to good, but a victim of two things:
- 1) Ubisoft promoting it as a straight action game
- 2) A perception that with Conviction and Ubisoft's promotion of this game, Ubisoft doesn't understand what fans like about the series.

Most people I've seen that have played the game have enjoyed it and consider it more Splinter Cell-y than Conviction.

I'll add to this list a complaint about the multiplayer servers. I played on console, and it was near launch, so this might have a changed and someone who has it on PC could correct me...

But they were atrocious. Hideous lag and rubberbanding, random drops from games (awarding nothing in terms of XP gains...), long wait times despite many active games.

And could anyone give me a heads up on which Darksiders II DLCS are worth it? Not interested in game balance changing DLCs... mostly looking for extended gameplay. I loved the first and I'm currently in the mood for a Zelda-esque romp.

Nymphae

Banned
Anyone have anything good to say about the Syberia games? Probably gonna grab the pack at that price, but just curious what others here think.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Salsa are you ok? tell us if youre ok :p

grats Salsa and X05

I don't have much money left, I have Metro 2033, and the price of Last Ligth is tempting. But there are Redux versions coming. Pff I don't know what to do.

Honestly I think Last Light is perfect the way it is now. The redux version is just an updated version with new lighting (which people who have previewed it at E3 say it looks worse than the original) new areas which I am sure wont add much to the game and game balances. I say your better off getting the game now for less. I am sure you wont be missing out on anything serious if you decide to not get the redux version.

Jeremy

I was going to buy Nidhogg but I don't have any friends. Is there absolutely no single player or is it just short? I thought it was a full single player adventure of some sort. :(

Acccent

A brilliant way to sucker people into spending money to win two steam cards that are worth 40 cents.

hehe

gif_rev_1403632072_1b4b839bea.gif

Pejo

Pulled the trigger on Metro Last Light, Splinter Cell Conviction, and Nidhogg. Watching that wishlist shrink and that backlog grow. Sales are a wonderful thing, no?

Nymphae

Banned
I was going to buy Nidhogg but I don't have any friends. Is there absolutely no single player or is it just short? I thought it was a full single player adventure of some sort. :(

Has a single player mode, you just run through the levels fighting AI dudes. I have 5 minutes of quick fun with it now and then against the AI, but it's clearly meant for playing with friends, ideally in the same room.

Toki767

Syberia Bundle and The Blackwell Bundle for me today. Would possibly get Broken Age if it wins the community vote but it's apparently not done yet so I may hold off until the Winter Sale for it.

There's combat against an A.I., but that will never be able to replicate the experience of fighting against a real, live person.

Co-op or no-op.

XShagrath

How can you search for things on tf2outpost? I go to the search page and I add wildcard and then the item, and it just shows a bunch of random results. What am I doing wrong?

e: Nevermind. I'm an idiot.

Chariot

Oh! new rules. What are your thoughts on that, steamgaf?
I love it. Finally a race again. Finally blood and gore. FINALLY KRIEG!

Meine Kameraden, meine Kameraden, ich liebe ihn, den Krieg.
Meine Kameraden, ich liebe den Krieg.
Meine Kameraden, ihr alle wisst, wie sehr ich den Krieg liebe.
Ich liebe das Punktestehlen, ich liebe die Provokationen,
Ich liebe es Abzeichen zu kreiieren, ich liebe Schwanzvergleich,
Ich liebe die Stagnation, ich liebe es sie zu durchbrechen,
Ich liebe es mit der Fahne zu wedeln, ich liebe es mit ihr auf Leute einzudreschen.
In GAF, in reddit, in steam, on facebook, on twitter, in other insignificant communities
Ich liebe das Herunterrattern der Punkte wenn sie zu tausenden gestohlen werden,
Ich bin begeistert wenn andere Teams in einem einzigen Zug vom ersten auf den letzten Platz schrumpfen.
Ich liebe es wenn wir Kopf an Kopf rennen und dem Gegner auf einmal davon laufen.
Ich hab mich unglaublich befreit gefühlt, als wir mit unseren Abzeichen den ersten Platz zerschreddert haben.
Ich liebe es, wenn Leute Bilder passend zu ihrem Team editieren.
Es begeistert mich immer wieder blöde Wortwitze zu lesen, die immer wieder und wieder wiederholt werden.
Es war ein erhebender Anblick wenn Verräter zu einem anderen Team gewechselt sind und dann verloren haben.
Unübertrefflich ist der Gedanke, dass die Leute so viel Geld herumwerfen mit einer geringen Change etwas daraus zu bekommen.
Ich wünsche mir von Herzen den Krieg.
Ich wünsche mir einen Krieg der weitaus schlimmer als Tag eins und zwei ist.
Ich frage euch nun: Was ist euer Wunsch, Kameraden? Wünscht ihr euch wie ich einen weiteren Krieg? Wünscht ihr euch einen unbarmherzigen, brutalen, schmutzigen Krieg?

Multiplayer only. If there's any chance you'll ever have someone to play it with, buy it. It's amazing.

Ibuki

Banned
Anyone else bite on the Deathadder + $50 Steam card deal? I need a replacement and really enjoyed my previous Deathadder for years. I will probably use the $50 wallet for Witcher 3 or something since it will be delivered after the sale.

Nymphae

Banned
Very good point and click games, maybe the best Sokal did.
There's a great atmosphere and visuals are very good, and the plot will catch you.

This is what I wanted to hear, I'm intrigued. I can't pass up that price. Kind of in the mood for some old school PC gaming, I also picked up Anacrhonox finally.

If you don't get problems when it comes to activate the game (there was a thread about this today), uPlay it's really tame. It launches when you launch the game, and it closes when you close it. It doesn't even minimize. Personally, I've never had a problem with it.
Ok i'll have a look at some of the reviews for this game

Uthred

Is space hulk good? it's only two dollars but still, i'm intrigued by the concept.

It had problems at launch, but its been patched fairly regularly into a much better game. Its a very faithful adaptation of the boardgame, which is great, its worth two quid.

swx

gooo green!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-FD1816857B73E79A - Taken by ImSooFlye. 2 entrants total.

t1403633668z1.png

Toki767

Anyone else bite on the Deathadder + $50 Steam card deal? I need a replacement and really enjoyed my previous Deathadder for years. I will probably use the $50 wallet for Witcher 3 or something since it will be delivered after the sale.

How good is the Deathadder for everyday normal use? My current one is some Microsoft one and it's extremely ergonomic.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I love it. Finally a race again. Finally blood and gore. FINALLY KRIEG!

Meine Kameraden, meine Kameraden, ich liebe ihn, den Krieg.
Meine Kameraden, ich liebe den Krieg.
Meine Kameraden, ihr alle wisst, wie sehr ich den Krieg liebe.
Ich liebe das Punktestehlen, ich liebe die Provokationen,
Ich liebe es Abzeichen zu kreiieren, ich liebe Schwanzvergleich,
Ich liebe die Stagnation, ich liebe es sie zu durchbrechen,
Ich liebe es mit der Fahne zu wedeln, ich liebe es mit ihr auf Leute einzudreschen.
In GAF, in reddit, in steam, on facebook, on twitter, in other insignificant communities
Ich liebe das Herunterrattern der Punkte wenn sie zu tausenden gestohlen werden,
Ich bin begeistert wenn andere Teams in einem einzigen Zug vom ersten auf den letzten Platz schrumpfen.
Ich liebe es wenn wir Kopf an Kopf rennen und dem Gegner auf einmal davon laufen.
Ich hab mich unglaublich befreit gefühlt, als wir mit unseren Abzeichen den ersten Platz zerschreddert haben.
Ich liebe es, wenn Leute Bilder passend zu ihrem Team editieren.
Es begeistert mich immer wieder blöde Wortwitze zu lesen, die immer wieder und wieder wiederholt werden.
Es war ein erhebender Anblick wenn Verräter zu einem anderen Team gewechselt sind und dann verloren haben.
Unübertrefflich ist der Gedanke, dass die Leute so viel Geld herumwerfen mit einer geringen Change etwas daraus zu bekommen.
Ich wünsche mir von Herzen den Krieg.
Ich wünsche mir einen Krieg der weitaus schlimmer als Tag eins und zwei ist.
Ich frage euch nun: Was ist euer Wunsch, Kameraden? Wünscht ihr euch wie ich einen weiteren Krieg? Wünscht ihr euch einen unbarmherzigen, brutalen, schmutzigen Krieg?

o_O

Alles ok bei dir? :p

JustLynx

Last reminder!
good luck :p

Attention!!!
This Steam key is restricted to US CA MX PR BS PA BZ CR SV GT HN NI VE CO GY SR GF BR PE BO PY UY AR CL EC
Please don't enter if you're not from those countries...
Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272 - Taken by Hugstable. 39 entrants total.

t1403633764z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom