• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got caught up in playing some SteamWorld Dig. Already played it on 3DS, but man does that game's art style shine on PC.

If it hits a daily, pick it up immediately. And the soundtrack. Game's great.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I was reading negative reviews of Tomb Raider on Steam to dissuade myself from buying it, and it turns out the first person's review I read was from a Gaffer.

Really considering Planetary Annihilation, though.

Snagged shadowrun returns and the campaign has me hooked. slightly regretting not getting dragonfall, hope it comes back on as a flash again.

Never been into fighting games but also picked up skullgirls and man, this is addictive D=
Still thinking about sleeping dogs, 4 bucks is really tempting but I've never really liked the GTA style games.....should I just go for it?

Also, team blue :(

sqWDuvA.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Which extension?

Neogaf Live, I assume.

Edit: Doing multiple things at once is hard. Also, I'll just move the other post here

Yeah it's troublesome to find regionlocking info in one place.
But this is written beneath on Amazon.

So, I guess it is region-locked. But why?
Wouldn't that game work when I tried activating it in Europe? Is there no workaround/tricking possible, proxy or sth.?

Also, it seems only the first Borderlands is censored here whereas there is no warning on the steampage for the second game. I find that weird, since the games are very similar.
Again a dedicated place for this kind of info would be nice.

Yeah, I've got no clue when it comes to region locking :/

denx

So, I have built up quite the backlog, and I'm looking on some advice on which I should play first.

I am currently playing through:

Transistor - This game is kind of disappointing. I find the battle system to be slow and redundant and the narration and story to be kind of bland.. I'm probably going to delete it.

Outlast - Oh man, this game is terrifying.. Gives me anxiety everytime I play it, it's incredible.

Here's my Backlog list (so far):

Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Dust: And Elysian Tail
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners 1 and 2
Half Minute Hero
Marlow Briggs
Ittle Dew
Metal Slug 3
Mirror's Edge
South Park: Stick of Truth
Risk of Rain
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves
Shadowrun Returns
Skulls of the Shogun
Tomb Raider
Witcher 1 and 2.

WHAT IS THE ORDER IN WHICH I CONQUER THESE GAMES?
HELP!
If you're looking to clear up your backlog a bit, go from the shortest to the longest games.

So in that list you prolly should go:
Mirror's Edge
Tomb Raider
Dust An Elysian Tail
Shadowrun Returns
South Park The Stick of Truth
Witcher 1 and 2
Borderlands 2

Breach and Clear, Fieldrunners, Metal Slug 3, Half Minute Hero, Risk of Rain and Skulls of the Shogun are more the kind of games you play in short bursts in-between other games. Don't know about the rest.

Sera O

Banned
Hmm I think I'll wait on pulling the trigger for Wolf Among Us until the winter since I doubt I'd play right away.

Now to wait and see if Ys Origins will get a bigger discount...

S1n1st3r

Banned
If you're looking to clear up your backlog a bit, go from the shortest to the longest games.

So in that list you prolly should go:
Mirror's Edge
Tomb Raider
Dust An Elysian Tail
Shadowrun Returns
South Park The Stick of Truth
Witcher 1 and 2
Borderlands 2

Breach and Clear, Fieldrunners, Metal Slug 3, Half Minute Hero, Risk of Rain and Skulls of the Shogun are more the kind of games you play in short bursts in-between other games. Don't know about the rest.

If you only do the main quests in the Borderlands games, they're not that long.

Crayons

Banned
I'm confused with Payday 2. Can I rob a bank by myself or with computers? I don't want to go play online just yet, people will get mad at me for being so awful.

BasilZero

Another week left of Steam sales.

I was gonna buy the Sleeping Dogs DLC but I might pass on that and instead get the DLC collection in the holiday sales in the future.

Going/hoping for Beyond Good and Evil and Bully Scholarship Edition.

And the DLCs I plan to get will be Sonic Racing Transformed DLCs.

Also is it worth getting the Sega Classics Collection? I've also noticed.....the Collection all in one bundle consists of games from packs 1-4.....strange they didnt add #5 o.o.

R0M4OC7.png

One team far ahead with the other four at a near tie for a second day in a row?

Either that Reddit movement is working better than expected, or this thing is rigged.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm confused with Payday 2. Can I rob a bank by myself or with computers? I don't want to go play online just yet, people will get mad at me for being so awful.

use Crimenet Offline or whatever the option is to play single player. You can also choose to have bots accompany you or go full lone wolf.

Fjord

I'm going to have to give Kingdoms of Amalur a thumbs down. Yes it is cheap but it isn't time cheap. Its like playing an MMORPG by yourself for 30 hours. Not quite the quality of core gameplay you can get out of other single player games.

Orca

Everyone would walk away with $13 a piece and a broken keyboard lol.

The stories would be great though. "...so we hole up in the vault and start trying to get money in the bags. Next thing you know I somehow flipped the bag up on top of the lights overhead and we can't get it back down..."

R0M4OC7.png

Either that Reddit movement is working better than expected, or this thing is rigged.
Would it really make sense to rig it so blatantly? A closer match would promote more token purchases so it's not in their best interest to rig a massive single team lead.

Volimar

R0M4OC7.png

The rebel in me kind of hopes this is the reddit effect. I kind of like the thought of going contrary to what Valve wants us to do. FIGHT THE POWER!

Now put the games i want on sale with a deep discount!

KarmaCow

You can play with AI but they can't do anything but shoot enemies and occasionally revive you. They can't place drills, control civilians, bag or carry items, and they do absolutely nothing in stealth.

Play online, but avoid playing on harder difficulties (ie stick to normal or hard till you can get a hang of things). The people who will flame others for being new generally don't play on lower difficulties.

KJ869

Finally playing Payday 1 after playing Payday 2 for so long, I really hope the next few heists are even bigger and more complex than Big Bank. Going back to something like Diamond Store in PD2 after playing Diamond Heist in PD1, it feels so cramped. They improved on everything but the maps/missions.

The multiple day flow in payday 2 feels just too forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom