• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to remind people that I'm taking requests for games from the Russian store. You'll need to send the money in advance by PayPal gift in roubles (this is important) and I'll buy the game for you. Do check if the game you want is region locked beforehand though, it's entirely your responsibility. Exact same prices as the Russian store, no extras — I'm just helping you get the games on the cheap.

Talk to me on Steam (preferable) or send a PM. You can check the Russian prices by adding ?cc=ru to any Steam linke (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ru), go back to your store by similarly adding ?cc=xx to any link, xx being the code of your region (i.e. http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us).

Just wanted to say thanks once again to Tenrius! That Spiderweb complete pack deal :D

That strain on the backlog D:

Sera O

Banned
I'm going to have to give Kingdoms of Amalur a thumbs down. Yes it is cheap but it isn't time cheap. Its like playing an MMORPG by yourself for 30 hours. Not quite the quality of core gameplay you can get out of other single player games.

Yeah. Basically there is a huge area to explore, but not a lot there. Combat is pretty good but (at least on PS3) opponents were too weak to demand much, and even cursory attention to crafting would break any semblance of balance. The game is way too sprawling for its own good because it just gets boring. Nothing particularly interesting about the numerous sidequests. Playing it felt like wasting time.

Also there is lots of shit poetry in it.

R0M4OC7.png

One team far ahead with the other four at a near tie for a second day in a row?

Either that Reddit movement is working better than expected, or this thing is rigged.

Not rigged, just pink being pink.

JDHarbs

My haul so far:
- Witcher 2
- Bulletstorm
- Skyrim

Not bad for just $15 and I still got $6 left. Hoping for Ghostbusters to drop to $2.50 at some point.

Any know why I'm getting this message when I try to use my steam wallet? It's been going on for half an hour now while I've been trying to buy metro.

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

fernandes

Any know why I'm getting this message when I try to use my steam wallet? It's been going on for half an hour now while I've been trying to buy metro.

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

It usually solves itself after a while. Have you been buying a lot from Steam?

Enco

This being due to reddit wouldn't be a surprise.

I'm guessing reddit users would have far more effect than casual steam users or other less hardcore users.

If this is due too reddit, it sucks. Just let it play our naturally

Marlow Briggs really makes God of War look like shit.. they were right.. they were right all along.

Hilarious opening. I think this might be the best game of all time.

probably valve servers. happened to me yesterday.
EDIT: sorta beaten.

Heh what is up with Marlow Briggs, Is it actually good or more of a lulz cheap game?

It's a surprisingly competent God of War style game. It's also hilariously over the top. The first level is basically one long series of explosions, explosions on top of explosions, and explosions leading to... other explosions.

SmithnCo

I'm guessing reddit users would have far more effect than casual steam users or other less hardcore users.

It is, go on the STEAM Reddit page.

The stories would be great though. "...so we hole up in the vault and start trying to get money in the bags. Next thing you know I somehow flipped the bag up on top of the lights overhead and we can't get it back down..."

Haha... "B0ngHitt3r420x got a stack of 20's stick between his fingers and couldn't get it loose."

Peachpies

If they succeed in giving each team 2 wins I don't see how that sucks.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Would it really make sense to rig it so blatantly? A closer match would promote more token purchases so it's not in their best interest to rig a massive single team lead.

If they rig it so "everybody gets to win" it looks neutral.
If they rig it so they "make more money" on token purchases, it just looks bad.

Either way I'd say definitely rigged. Every day a team is 100k + ahead of the other 4 teams which just happen to be neck and neck with each other. I'm not statistician but that looks really hokey. I called pink/blue today when it started and whichever of those doesn't win this day will win the next, IMHO. And no, this isn't reddit. Reddit is a relatively small fraction of the steam userbase participating in the sale.

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Don't know whether to buy MetalGearRising or not. It's 50%, which makes it $15 here...hmm. Still kinda pricey, but I heard it's a really fun game.

I'm confused with Payday 2. Can I rob a bank by myself or with computers? I don't want to go play online just yet, people will get mad at me for being so awful.

You might as well jump online and play. There are a LOT of new players due to the sale (myself included) so now is the best chance to get into the action without feeling like you will let the team down as everyone is in the same boat.

Did 4 contracts last night with my girlfriend and 2 randoms and was a lot of fun.

foamdino

So I noticed Endless Space in the sale and I had a coupon as well, my first pickup this summer.

Spent 13+ hours yesterday crafting my space empire - not had a "just one more turn" feel from many games for a long time.

Cost me < 0.25 GBP / hour of gameplay so far. Nothing else has tempted me (yet).

Chariot

Anyone thought about the reddit guy being a Valve employee that want to hide Valves own rigging and trying to make people feel kike they did something heroic?

neoism

so guys is steam taking a shit.... I downloaded DMC and C++ 2005 and 08 and now When I click on Dark Souls 2 I get the white screen like I always did but it just stays there for a loooong fucking time.... then I get to the point I press start button and then it freezes never had this before ever... I uninstalled dmc and c++ 05, and 08 but it still does it :*( anyone please help..

I'm about to go try it myself, but I figure I'll ask here: how do I give away games I've already activated? Like, say I want the codes to use in a Modbot giveaway. Not that I want to make a giveaway or anything...

Biochet

so guys is steam taking a shit.... I downloaded DMC and C++ 2005 and 08 and now When I click on Dark Souls 2 I get the white screen like I always did but it just stays there for a loooong fucking time.... then I get to the point I press start button and then it freezes never had this before ever... I uninstalled dmc and c++ 05, and 08 but it still does it :*( anyone please help..

does it tell you what error caused this?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
R0M4OC7.png

One team far ahead with the other four at a near tie for a second day in a row?

Either that Reddit movement is working better than expected, or this thing is rigged.
Bingo.

Tomorrow Blue is going to win.

Lomax

All reddit has had to do is establish a strong lead in the first hour and the natural trends take over. People had written it off when pink (and green yesterday) barely had 20k leads, it just looked big. People are very easy to predict and influence.

aScaris

Finally bought Tomb Raider and played the first couple of minutes. I have to say wow, this game looks beautiful and runs unexpectedly well on my 3 year old rig (radeon 6870). I did not buy the GOTY edition, because the DLC seems to mostly multiplayer stuff except for the Tomb of the Lost adventurer, which has gotten quite mixed reviews on steam. Is it worth getting for 0,61€?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If they rig it so "everybody gets to win" it looks neutral.
If they rig it so they "make more money" on token purchases, it just looks bad.

Either way I'd say definitely rigged. Every day a team is 100k + ahead of the other 4 teams which just happen to be neck and neck with each other. I'm not statistician but that looks really hokey. I called pink/blue today when it started and whichever of those doesn't win this day will win the next, IMHO. And no, this isn't reddit. Reddit is a relatively small fraction of the steam userbase participating in the sale.

The point is, Valve wouldn't rig it so blatantly, this early in the day. It makes no sense. They would keep it close, and then have one color make leaps towards the end. Valve clearly knows what they're doing when it comes to getting people to commit and spend money during these events.

And why would Valve rig it in exactly the same order that's being used by reddit? Again, that makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom