• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Huge thanks to Toki767 for Ikaruga, I now have a reason to rotate my monitor!

2014-06-25-040k5kqn.jpg

PS how do I not suck at this game?

3phemeral

That would be a hard choice, but I think I would vote for shmups.

---
For anybody who missed it.

I hope everyone is alright with me entering this Dark Souls II giveaway. I haven't heard from famfrit at all, so I'm guessing he was trolling that Dark Souls II giveaway I "won." Good luck, everyone!

Jeremy

Any Russian GAFers online who aren't trading keys and just taking Paypal? The guy I've been going through isn't online at the moment!

Razorskin

----- ------
Less than an hour to go.

headergvjy4.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Razorskin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro Last Light Complete -- MB-67227AD439C2F0F4 - Taken by Aurarian. 67 entrants total.

t1403654434z1.png

Eusis

2014-06-25-040k5kqn.jpg

Man that's probably enough reason to get the PC version. Though it's not as if newer 360s lack HDMI output, and older ones always had the VGA option...

And by playing over and over and over again. Actually you'll probably still suck but you'll get to make some progress at least!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Move PC to the bathroom. Move refrigerator to the bathroom. Move microwave to the bathroom. Move TV to the bathroom. Sit on toilet. [....] Profit.
Indeed.

Hey, anyone know if I can buy vanilla Metro Last Light? Or is there just the dlc version...

jblank83

So what's the verdict on Space Hulk? Warhammer 40k + TBS sounds so delicious, but the metascore isn't too good...

It's very poorly made. As a Games Workshop fan, I was disappointed. It's not even a matter of bugs. It's just not fun to play. I bought it on sale for something like $15 and felt I overpaid. $2.50 isn't a bad price, but even so I don't really recommend it.

As someone already mentioned, there is a free fan version of Space Hulk that is much more fun. Games Workshop sent them a C&D, so they changed all the GW references and renamed it "Alien Assault":
http://www.teardown.se/

You can still find the Space Hulk version of Alien Assault out there on the web, as well.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
In the same boat as you. It just feels as a new game for me. Coming from its ps3 port. Better framerate and textures. Smooth gameplay amd better loading.

Yes, I'm in love with the game too. Started with the High resolution pack and there are just some ridiculously good looking things in it.

Oblivion discount come on

swx

HB gift

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash -- MB-663964AC001F628E - Taken by kiri. 5 entrants total.

t1403652529z1.png

Kadin

Just saw this link posted on reddit. Might be some decent sales from Newegg. Only scanned the first couple pages so if there's anything of note, plz let everyone know. Maybe good, maybe not.

edit - looks to not be much worth looking at, sorry guys.

Caerith

It was quite a shock when I bought that Wadjet Eye bundle off GOG like a year ago, played the first 2 Blackwell games, enjoyed their commentaries and then with Gemini Rue's commentary experienced a massive dip in entertainment value as it was made by someone other than Dave Gilbert and in different style. He likes to speak of his experiences rather than give "Game Development 101" and doesn't seem to have strict script or anything so he is very easy to listen to.

That god damn dog leash.

Ha, the dog leash. I like the later commentary when he points out that he stopped using leashes.

Have you played Emerald City Confidential? It's also by Dave Gilbert, but because it was published by PlayFirst he couldn't include a commentary. Instead,he did a LP of himself playing it and providing commentary. Shame it rarely goes on sale.

Dambrosi

Banned
Your colorful description made me want it. Reading about its punishing difficulty convinced me to skip it :/

I couldn't beat the final level in Jamestown. There's no way I could play this.
THOU. Thou art weak! Weak of heart and mind, ser! Repent for thine lack of faithskill! 50 Glory Be To Gabens will sort thee out, foul sinner!

Practice. Practice practice practice. And then practice some more.

2014-06-25-040k5kqn.jpg

Um...I think you need some practice?

That's beautiful, by the way. Is it yours?

aku:jiki

You play levels over and over until you know exactly when to switch polarity to never lose your combo. Welcome to rote memorization!

There's a reason I always call it overrated. It's very pretty, controls are great and it has a badass soundtrack, but the scoring system is so boring.

I love that Steam honestly makes me waffle over purchases of $3 or less. Any other scenario it's pretty hard to bat an eye at that sort of price.

Every other time of the year: "Whoa, this game is only $20 on amazon? Fuck, I gotta get this!"

This time of the year: "Whoa, this game is $5? Fuck that, I'll wait for a deal."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom