• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
I know it's a dumb question, but I've never tried this before - these are the keys to trade right?

Yes, that is the most common currency used among steam traders. IF they ask for keys and don't specify a type that is what they are talking about. Some will ask for Dota 2 treasure keys but most will ask for the Mann Co supply keys you just linked! :)

scurker

Someone sent me multiple trade offers for a card, and when I accepted it didn't remove the others. Now I have a message notification that won't go away and I can't cancel it. Thanks Gaben!

Arthea

Forgot most important thing! gog gives a free game, every 2 hours, and free Banished was mentioned as possibility, not sure it's gonna happen.

Your colorful description made me want it. Reading about its punishing difficulty convinced me to skip it :/

I couldn't beat the final level in Jamestown. There's no way I could play this.

out of curiosity, can you play eXceed games? for longer periods of time?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This was already like the third time I saw Fahrenheit on sale, and don't really check the site more then 3-4 times a day. I like the way they're doing it, lots of high discounts for lots and lots of games.
Mmm, so it will come back? I hope it happens again during a time when I have access to a reliable internet connection. After finishing Heavy Rain a few days ago, I need more David Cage goodness in my veins.

My entry for that chaos contest.

MONyErL.png

Caerith

I second the bolded. With every Blackwell game, I go back and replay the game with developer commentary on. The first game has 2 commentaries even, one from around the game's development and another that was added few years later and works as a retrospective

Yeah, I really liked the double commentary in the first game. Dave Gilbert seems like a really cool guy, and it's neat hearing him talk about something, then hear him comment on his last comment.

jabuseika

Repost.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

half-life 2 episode one -- MB-D7300AD1746EBFE2 - Taken by Danielsan. 9 entrants total.
poker night at the inventory -- MB-F9C8C8EE7D30655A - Taken by ArynCrinn. 16 entrants total.

t1403655873z1.png

steadfast

Portal Bundle gave me a Portal 1 gift because I already had it in library, so it's not like this never happens...

It's up to the publisher. Valve will give you the gift copies for any of their bundles, but I can't think of another publisher that does it.

Jeremy

I bought System Shock 2 from GOG at $1.99 which is $2 less if anyone is interested. Never played it but people highly recommend it.

Also thanks for the Shadow Warrior recommendations. I'm buying it.

Kadin

Here are a few games I have for anyone not luck enough to already own them. Hopefully everything works fine but this was from an older spreadsheet so if something is goofy, plz let me know. Enjoy!

Oh and FEZ is via Humble, BL2 is a direct Steam Key, just fyi.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-D67FA8C480D1AC0E
Borderlands 2 -- MB-17E95974E10CA5C4
Fez -- MB-C376B5C89681FE54

t1403661444z1.png

redlacs

Someone sent me multiple trade offers for a card, and when I accepted it didn't remove the others. Now I have a message notification that won't go away and I can't cancel it. Thanks Gaben!

ask someone on your buddylist to send you offer that you will decline. that should sort it out

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png

i66VNZv9zhOeo.jpg

Knurek

Your colorful description made me want it. Reading about its punishing difficulty convinced me to skip it :/

I couldn't beat the final level in Jamestown. There's no way I could play this.

RionaaM, there is a full Novice mode in the game, which is really easy - I managed to almost 1cc the first time I tried.
Not as explosive as the Arcade mode, but very doable and still loads of fun.

Get the game. Best damn thing to be released on Steam this year.

Arthea

I tried all three on the easiest difficulty and managed to beat a few levels, but that's it. I'm sure I'd be destroyed on Normal.

that's a relief, I thought I'm alone that bad at them (><)
I get incredibly tired so fast, it's sorta funny on it's own.

Nordicus

Yeah, I really liked the double commentary in the first game. Dave Gilbert seems like a really cool guy, and it's neat hearing him talk about something, then hear him comment on his last comment.
It was quite a shock when I bought that Wadjet Eye bundle off GOG like a year ago, played the first 2 Blackwell games, enjoyed their commentaries and then with Gemini Rue's commentary experienced a massive dip in entertainment value as it was made by someone other than Dave Gilbert and in different style. He likes to speak of his experiences rather than give "Game Development 101" and doesn't seem to have strict script or anything so he is very easy to listen to.

That god damn dog leash.

Mokoi

Banned
they're just going to pit VNs against Shmups aren't they, those cruel bastards

That would be a hard choice, but I think I would vote for shmups.

---
For anybody who missed it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls II -- MB-3EB9D9956AED776E

t1403657668z1.png

Red

This Steam sale has convinced me I need a new TV. Gaming at a resolution of 1024x768 is just the worst. The worst.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
7000 posts since yesterday.

How/why does anyone keep up with this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom