• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Salsa is like
"Okay NotSelf. The game is Dark Souls 2. Here is the key: LKZO-S68F-54SF-????. I have five more giveaways of that kind to make; I'll give you the last four characters if and only if you tell no one what game you just won."

I would totally tell.

Kadin

I've been sitting at home trying to figure out what I'm gonna do for dinner and then it came to me...

zHd5Txc.jpg

Yup, pizza delivery. Only wish they'd deliver here. I know JaseC would approve.

velociraptor

ModBot said:
Instructions for velociraptor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (velociraptor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ORCS MUST DIE GOTY EDITION -- MB-0C6D15FF61B84E2C - Taken by Ventara. 8 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Sanctum Collection was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403654521z1.png

Dunno if I did this right guys, but please let me know whoever wins.

edit: I'm an idiot. This is Orcs Must Die GOTY Edition.

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png

steamsummersale2014vykoo.png

velociraptor

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cities In Motion 2 -- MB-49E4AD4F856B74B4 - Taken by Andrmt

I sort of don't want Broken Age to win.

As a backer, something feels wrong about it going sub-$15 before they've even finished the game. I'm a backer and I still don't even have a release date for the second part of the game, but people are going to be able to jump in at $8.50? Seems wrong. Feels like the game should actually reach completion before we think about putting it on such a hefty discount.

To be clear, I have a similar hesitation when Telltale's games go on sale before the season finishes and it's why I don't buy them until then.

derExperte

The base price of Witcher 3 Russia dropped 300RUB and it still doesn't have a specific sub. So you should be able to get it even cheaper now through the usual channels.

velociraptor

Here is the proper Sanctum giveaway :)

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (velociraptor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sanctum Complete -- MB-A3E48F1A08DBAF5F

t1403654997z1.png

For those interested in the 1cent starter pack here's where i got my info

All right, bit of an odd deal, but there's a secret sale on Pinball Arcade tables. Specifically, a launch pack, containing Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It or Not and Theatre of Magic is available exclusively in-game for a penny.

Here's how to get it.

Step 1) Download Pinball Arcade
Step 2) Go to Season One/Two Tables > Season One Tables
Step 3) Select Black Hole (or Ripley's Believe It or Not or Theatre of Magic, but Black Hole is close to the top of the screen)
Step 4) Click on the Buy Now button
Step 5) Click on "Buy Launch Pack"
Step 6) Steam will ask for a penny from your Steam Wallet. I believe it's possible to add a penny at this stage using your regular payment methods. Or sell something on the Steam Marketplace first, whatever works.
Step 7) Go back to the main menu and find your new tables under My Tables (surprise surprise)
Step 8) Play some pinball!

On that note:

Pinball Arcade Rock Band model, pay per table/various prices for multipacks

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hoping for Broken Age, but yeah, it seems kinda unfair to backers.

Not sure people would have been happy with it being a higher base price, though.

NotSelf

here's my proposition to you:

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

the game could be something else....... ;)

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

Thank you my game library is now compleat.

Trejik

Finished suffering through Aliens Colonial Marines and reviewed it. Steam, please give me a terrible game to review on sale soon, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom