• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subject16

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png
pLcjfo7.gif

Lomax

All right, bit of an odd deal, but there's a secret sale on Pinball Arcade tables. Specifically, a launch pack, containing Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It or Not and Theatre of Magic is available exclusively in-game for a penny.

Here's how to get it.

Step 1) Download Pinball Arcade
Step 2) Go to Season One/Two Tables > Season One Tables
Step 3) Select Black Hole (or Ripley's Believe It or Not or Theatre of Magic, but Black Hole is close to the top of the screen)
Step 4) Click on the Buy Now button
Step 5) Click on "Buy Launch Pack"
Step 6) Steam will ask for a penny from your Steam Wallet. I believe it's possible to add a penny at this stage using your regular payment methods. Or sell something on the Steam Marketplace first, whatever works.
Step 7) Go back to the main menu and find your new tables under My Tables (surprise surprise)
Step 8) Play some pinball!

On that note:

Pinball Arcade Rock Band model, pay per table/various prices for multipacks

For those interested in the 1cent starter pack here's where i got my info

Yeah, that worked for me earlier. Of some small note, the one cent does not contribute to the $10 to get a summer sale card, which I assume means all in game purchases are the same way (including the larger TPA seasons if you buy them in game, so buy them directly from the store instead to get cards).

I've been playing Ether One. I'd heard it "goes full Bioshock Infinite" toward the end, but wasn't expecting the degree of truth in that statement. Certainly an excellent game though, one I'd heavily recommend to fans [or detractors] of Gone Home seeking a more traditional game-like approach to that style of narrative.

Compleat

pleat

What type of clothing is pleated usually?

Skirts

What game features skirts prominently?

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.

???

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED™

Crazy, 100 people put in for Splinter Cell, alone. Enjoy your games winners. I'll be doing another either later tonight or tomorrow before work.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit. do people use Russian VPNs for pricing or does that not work?
No. NEVER use a VPN when buying games from the Steam store. Ever.

People here go through a seller, who is probably a person that lives in Russia and can get the games for cheap without using a VPN.

Eanan

The base price of Witcher 3 Russia dropped 300RUB and it still doesn't have a specific sub. So you should be able to get it even cheaper now through the usual channels.

The lowest I seen it before this drop was for 9tf2 keys. What should we expect to see it for now?

sabanoo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-87D9F8571DFA1BB0 - Taken by MikeDown. 9 entrants total.

t1403655676z1.png

Hope someone wants this. I think it's pretty good already but could be great when it's completed.

Jeremy

No. NEVER use a VPN when buying games from the Steam store. Ever.

People here go through a seller, who is probably a person that lives in Russia and can get the games for cheap without using a VPN.

I'm trying to find a seller atm that's not taking keys. The guy I've been going to is asleep I think. Glad I didn't do this though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was talking to frosty about this, but earlier before coming to work, I noticed I couldnt find my credit/debit card anyware, so im pretty sure I lost it somehow, which means Ill have to go to the bank tomorow morning and cancel it, hoping that nobody actually used it, and a new one probably wont be here this week.... so thats my sale over pretty much. Fun times

and of course now Wolf gets 33% off with the possibility of a daily still.

Fuck...my...life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom