• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty insane pricing...I might have to jump in. Hesitated when South Park was cheap at launch before they region locked it.

$40 isn't insane pricing, hopefully it goes on a daily though, I actually want to play it right now.

edit: you were talking w3, my bad

Elijah_Wood_as_Frodo_Baggins.png

= voice actor.

See that would've de-sold me completely.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
7zKOaYg.png

Something tells me that this isn't the whole story...or maybe that's what Salsa wants us to think. Damn him.
That could very well be a façade. Maybe Salsa instructed him to buy that game, and handed him a key which doesn't appear on his activity feed.

Acccent

was talking to frosty about this, but earlier before coming to work, I noticed I couldnt find my credit/debit card anyware, so im pretty sure I lost it somehow, which means Ill have to go to the bank tomorow morning and cancel it, hoping that nobody actually used it, and a new one probably wont be here this week.... so thats my sale over pretty much. Fun times

and of course now Wolf gets 33% off with the possibility of a daily still.

Fuck...my...life

Let me know if you want me to buy games for you until you get this sorted out. (be aware that I see prices in € so possibly higher)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The issue is more that someone else may have grabbed the card. So he has to cancel to be on the safe side and not be responsible for fraudulent use.

exactly this. hell the last time I used it was sunday too when I went to the ATM to pay some bills, so now im actually worried. I only noticed it was gone earlier because, ironically, I was going to buy Spintires on GMG for a giveaway before heading to work and I dont have my details saved there.

Im going to another sweep when I get home from work but I looked everywhere it could be really

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can't you check the activity online? Though it probably wouldn't have updated so soon.

i never bothered to setup the whole online account thing because aparently, im a caveman

I'm surprised that Blackwell: Epiphany got a 40% discount, since it just came out. I'm tempted to buy it, but part of me wants to wait in the hope it might become a daily or a flash sale on its own.. any chance of this happening? I really do want to finish the story off, and I just finished its predecessor last week.

Rhaknar

Let me know if you want me to buy games for you until you get this sorted out. (be aware that I see prices in € so possibly higher)

thanks but thats the least of my worries atm :)

I still have like 14euros or whatever it is on my steam wallet but like I said, thats the least of my worries atm

MikeDown

Banned
I've been trying to play Spec Ops, but as it turns out my speakers do actually work, but only until I start playing. Over the course of a half hour, they start buzzing and chirping, the issue persists even after I exit out of the game. :( No other games have done that for me.

Arthea

Rhaknar, that's such a bad luck. I hope nobody will be able to do any harm until you block it.

I won't be able to play the uncut version in Germany without using a VPN anyway so whatever, just make it cheap.

Wait, you mean if even someone gift you uncensored version, you still need VPN to be able to play it? That's harsh

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
dunno, man. Why would you even waste that much money on items for a useless sort-of metagame when you've got ACTUAL games to buy?

And if you're doing to get "free games"... well, that might be the stupidest reason ever.

It's fun to spend money and get nothing for it

AHA-Lambda

Sell me on broken age. What is it and why should I want it?

It's a point and click adventure developed by Double Fine that put kickstarter on the map basically and is currently half finished.

It received a good reception and I really liked the concept of the 2 separate but intertwining stories, especially the idea of the lonely kid in the future being raised by an overprotective AI mother figure.

Plus, yeah there is Jack Black and Elijah Wood, if that rocks your boat.

Ruze789

So with the market lock, is there any way to complete badges? Buying and selling are out...what about trading with others? Can cards be gifted or traded under a market lock?

Cards can be traded with friends while you are under a market lock, I did it twice today. My market access is locked until an hour before the sale ends.

Trickster

Cause it adds that much content.

uuuh, not really. While I think the new xcom + expansion is very fun, they're also is hilariously overpriced for what they offer in terms of content. I bought Enemy Unknown at full price, and after playing it felt like it would have been much better priced at 30 bucks rather than 50.

Enemy Within being an additional 25 bucks feels like a pretty big rip off tbh. It would make a lot more sense if it was priced similarly to the dlc packs for games like Mass Effect and Borderlands.

hohoXD123

thanks but thats the least of my worries atm :)

I still have like 14euros or whatever it is on my steam wallet but like I said, thats the least of my worries atm

Do you have online banking? If it has been a couple of days then any misuse of it may have showed up by now, worth checking. But yeah, probably best to cancel it if you really can't find it.

Some leftovers from my raffle:
Thank you for GUN METAL!

So I bought the Magicka 4-pack and the Steam store description said I could keep a copy for myself. Thing is, Inventory tells me to add the whole item to my library. Will this add all four copies to my library or just the one? Important that I keep the other three for a giveaway!

Voted for Great Soundtrack because I want people to buy great soundtracks, duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom