• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need anymore games to backlog :( -

HvLs3DV.gif

KarmaCow

Debating on whether to get Borderlands 2 regular or GOTY Edition. Decisions, decisions...

Most of it are just cosmetic items. The only ones of any worth are the Psycho and Mechromancer packs since they give you another class to play as, the Tiny Tina DLC as it's by far the best substantial DLC pack and the two Vault Hunter level cap pack to increase the level cap. It's more expensive to buy those separately.

Woo! Battleblock was the one I was definitely holding out on until a daily deal. Already bought 7 or so games I would haven't otherwise bought.

The Broken Age is the next one on my list. Hoping for a bigger discount!

Biochet

no error.. Ive played the game for 85 hours so its not like I just got it.. I clicked it and it always had a white screen for about 10 seconds or something.... then it when in the game.... but now it takes like over 2 minutes and when I press the start button got go on the servers is freezes and I have to end task :/ I have never had one problem til now... I downloaded DMC and those C++ thingies :*( I uninstalled it all and click again and it just takes forever and the freezes after I press start :(

steam community solutions, good luck breh.

TsuXna

Am I insane for thinking that Sleeping Dogs at max settings looks better than Watch_Dogs?
No, it is actually like that.
Sleeping Dogs is just so colourful, you feel the night like it's real while Watch dogs is quite dull at nights.

TheBear

There are three story-based DLCs you should check out. Nightmare on North Point is a Halloween DLC, so think Undead Nightmare but with Chinese mythology. Zodiac Tournament is their take on Enter the Dragon. Year of the Snake is an epilogue to the game. All three are relatively short, and so I wouldn't normally recommend them, but they're more than worth their sale prices.

The other DLCs are a hodgepodge of costumes, cars, and races. You could pick and choose which interest you, or skip them all entirely. I own all of the content from the game, and I didn't really touch the costume stuff. Mostly bought the non-story DLC to support the developers considering I got the main game in a 91% off pricing error during its first sale. Out of the non-story DLC, I'd say Wheels of Fury and the Street Racer pack are most worth it. The former because of the awesome car, the latter because the driving/racing in the game is pretty fun.

Just avoid the Top Dog Silver, Top Dog Gold, High Roller, and Red Envelope packs, as they're essentially just cheats that break the game's economy and leveling systems by starting you out with tons of money and experience.

Oh, and make sure to "buy" and download the High Resolution Texture Pack when you get the game.

Nice. I picked up Zodiac, Wheels of Fury and Year of the Snake. Thanks again

jediyoshi

Either way I'd say definitely rigged. Every day a team is 100k + ahead of the other 4 teams which just happen to be neck and neck with each other. I'm not statistician but that looks really hokey. I called pink/blue today when it started and whichever of those doesn't win this day will win the next, IMHO. And no, this isn't reddit. Reddit is a relatively small fraction of the steam userbase participating in the sale.

Huh, you can go back to see actual prior days' results yourself.

2/4 is not a trend, especially if it were rigged the entire time. You forgot every other scenario which is literally every other scenario in which you could extrapolate that numbers are being manipulated.

Ark

Today's sales are the best so far. Going to pick up MGS:R. Still waiting for Rayman Legends, Thief, and FFXIV to go on sale now.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Just played Battleblock Theatre with a random and had so much fun. We played co-op campaign. Had to leave in the middle of a level though :(

LDAF

So I just opened Steam for the first time after a couple of hours, and...holy hell, what happened? What's with Pink curb stomping literally every other team all at once?

neoism

also I did get an error
Also got the pure virtual function crash upon exiting the game. Started to happened about 2 weeks ago.
I started getting this after that latest patch but it didn't do anything only happened after I quit from the menu...

-_____-

FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom