• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, somehow missed that other Lego games were on sale. I've never played one before, any people would recommend?

Going to also grab Nidhoog and realMyst I reckon.

Turfster

Do you have online banking? If it has been a couple of days then any misuse of it may have showed up by now, worth checking. But yeah, probably best to cancel it if you really can't find it.

You... need your card to get to your online banking over here, along with a 2 step authentication box.
(Dunno about Rhaknarland)

That sounds good enough to me? Sure, it's not great. But Child of Light isn't, either. These are just fun, quirky titles that stand out.

Eh. "banal puzzles and endless rhythm action sections" is not for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well... boo.
Valiant Hearts is not very good, it seems.

"As it is, played as a lone adult, Valiant Hearts is a truly wonderful spectacle, backed up by truly wonderful music and deftly simple-but-effective characterisation. The often repetitive and perfunctory puzzles grate, and the giddy switching between the tragic and the absurd creates frustration, but there is no world in which I’d let those factors make me miss what Valiant Hearts gets right."

last paragraph sounds alright?

megalowho

I'm surprised that Blackwell: Epiphany got a 40% discount, since it just came out. I'm tempted to buy it, but part of me wants to wait in the hope it might become a daily or a flash sale on its own.. any chance of this happening? I really do want to finish the story off, and I just finished its predecessor last week.
I picked it up to support Wadjet Eye and as incentive to play through the series, have only completed the first game. Grabbed The Shivah: Kosher Edition as well for $1.49, that game is still a really neat point and click.

Ibuki

Banned
Thank you for GUN METAL!

So I bought the Magicka 4-pack and the Steam store description said I could keep a copy for myself. Thing is, Inventory tells me to add the whole item to my library. Will this add all four copies to my library or just the one? Important that I keep the other three for a giveaway!

Voted for Great Soundtrack because I want people to buy great soundtracks, duh.

It will add one copy for you, and add 3 extras to your inventory.

Colby

Cards can be traded with friends while you are under a market lock, I did it twice today. My market access is locked until an hour before the sale ends.
Thanks! I have a friend who is basically giving me the Bastion cards I need. Gaben thinks he can stop Team Purple by giving us all account locks...think again, Mr. Ewing.

Caerith

Oh man, somehow missed that other Lego games were on sale. I've never played one before, any people would recommend?

Going to also grab Nidhoog and realMyst I reckon.

For Lego games, pick the IP you're fondest for. I really enjoyed Lord of the Rings, but lots of people swear by either Marvel or Batman 2.

Arthea

You... need your card to get to your online banking over here, along with a 2 step authentication box.
(Dunno about Rhaknarland)
Isn't it dependent on what type of security you choose? I don't need a card to access online banking but I need lots of other stuff for it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do you have online banking? If it has been a couple of days then any misuse of it may have showed up by now, worth checking. But yeah, probably best to cancel it if you really can't find it.

nope never bothered making an account, like an IDIOT, even tho the bank lady said it was easy etc...fucking SIGH

the worst part is noticing this 5 minutes before coming to work at midnight, having to spend 8 hours here until I can get off work and go to the bank. At least if it was a day job i could call the bank or something....

What better way to celebrate Tuesday than another DMC4 giveaway?

dmc4-combo15fps-2-350i3s1y.gif

Thank you.

You're doing God's work here.

And freeing up my budget for the giveaways I've been able to do since I know you're bringing (one of) the best DMC game to the people!

Deitus

Hmmm... seeing Real Myst on the community sales is giving me a pang of nostalgia. I don't think I'll get the one listed there at that price, but the Cyan Complete pack looks interesting.

Does anyone know which of the games in that pack are actually worth it? Myst obviously (though I don't really need multiple versions), and Riven is a game I always meant to go back and finish, but what about the rest?

Wasn't Uru an online game that they have since taken offline? Something tells me that doesn't hold up anymore. What about Myst V? I've never even heard of the other games in the pack, but they don't look very interesting. So I guess it comes down to are Uru and Myst V actually worth playing, or should I just buy Myst and Riven standalone?

Shadownet

Banned
This is the 2nd batch of Blackwell and Syberia Bundle I bought to give back to the community :) good luck guys. and if you win, but have trouble redeeming the key. PM me.
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_586x192.jpg

Blackwell Bundle -- MB-6A7FE7CDD19ED9EA - Taken by sabanoo. 16 entrants total.
Syberia Bundle -- MB-4FC8E9645A63AD83 - Taken by Parsnip. 10 entrants total.

t1403666720z1.png

So, the whole team thing is completely rigged and each colour will win one more time, right?

Reddit was "rigging" it by making certain teams win each day through coordination. Valve decided the organization was too easy and made it so that 3 teams win different prize amounts. Reddit's organization fell apart and now everybody is just going at it.

Those 90% off World of Goo and Awesomenauts are too much for the Steam community to pass up. Watch.

Yeah. I think if the Steam Community would be like 3-4 years ago, everyone would have these games already. But right now I would describe the majority of Steamusers as some kind of "casuals".
I dont know how to explain it, but to me nowadays the Steam Community consists of a lot of new kids, who spout the masterrace shit and things like that.

Like if a band suddenly has a chart-hit, you have 12-13 year old girls suddenly at their concerts...

gorfyako

Banned
Sorry to disappoint, then. Cause it's not Bad Rats.

But maybe it is?

Turns out it was Heavy Bullets. I haven't even actually heard of it. Will definitely give it a try. Thanks, brah. I think this is the only Early Access game I have ever owned on Steam, so that's neat.

hohoXD123

I...don't know what to say. Wtf steam community?! At least it was fairly close.

nope never bothered making an account, like an IDIOT, even tho the bank lady said it was easy etc...fucking SIGH

the worst part is noticing this 5 minutes before coming to work at midnight, having to spend 8 hours here until I can get off work and go to the bank. At least if it was a day job i could call the bank or something....

Damn, that must be annoying, hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom