• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png

While Volcano's is the best, I doodled one too

DSix

Banned
The entire world probably played it already, but just in case:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-4B8DB159DA817B95 - Taken by InvisibleStride. 21 entrants total.

t1403666669z1.png

W1SSY

I called it earlier. I knew Broken Age would not win because it was the only community vote I had wanted so far. Guess I will just have to wait for it to show up at some point during the sale.

Finally a game that I actually voted for won.

If Double Dragon Neon never gets that flash/daily I'm gonna fucking kill someone (in an online game*)

*that isn't guaranteed because I suck at online games

velociraptor

Sanctum Complete -- MB-A3E48F1A08DBAF5F

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-C6ECD7DDD2D833D0

t1403667220z1.png
Did someone say Bastion?

I'm starting to have a little more fun with Nether. I'm really liking the world and the enemies are a pretty nice deviation from the zombies that typically dominate this genre. The technical issues are still pretty annoying though and I'm hoping they will be addressed soon.

reddmyst

Almost!

ModBot said:
Instructions for reddmyst:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-15E04D872834824A - Taken by Sendou. 14 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Velvet Assassin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403657226z1.png

Avinexus

Yes, did you?
"repetitive perfunctory puzzles"

If you think that outweighs "Valiant Hearts is a truly wonderful spectacle, backed up by truly wonderful music and deftly simple-but-effective characterisation" followed by this after your quote "there is no world in which I’d let those factors make me miss what Valiant Hearts gets right" I don't know how to make you think otherwise.

Ruze789

Thanks! I have a friend who is basically giving me the Bastion cards I need. Gaben thinks he can stop Team Purple by giving us all account locks...think again, Mr. Ewing.

No prob! Today was Team Blue day and I was 2 cards short of the Summer Sale badge. Luckily two fellow GAFers had what I needed in the trading card thread.

Turfster

If you think that outweighs "Valiant Hearts is a truly wonderful spectacle, backed up by truly wonderful music and deftly simple-but-effective characterisation" followed by this after your quote "there is no world in which I’d let those factors make me miss what Valiant Hearts gets right" I don't know how to make you think otherwise. Not a review many people would get "not very good" from.

"Spectacle, wonderful music and simple but effective characterisation" puts it in the "this would have been better as a movie" category for me, really.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Wolf and the classic Fallout games on sale? Yes, I think I will.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bulletstorm isn't grabbing me. I knew that much from the console demos, so I'm not sure why I paid $5 just to reaffirm that "Yep, not for me. Too try-hard in comedy and the skillshot system isn't as deep as they make it out to be."

Maybe the later levels do more, but I'm not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom