• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't get Battlefront 2 to run plug something into your headphone jack!

MM money was nice but now I can't use the market and get badges ;-; Might as well try for more I guess. Can you use the same email twice?

Picked up Battlefront II.

0cAf8.gif

This game is dope as hell, you definitely want it, it's pretty close to my most-played game on Steam.

I tremendously agree. It's a wonderful game chubigans and company made. Makes me wish Monkeypaw, Gung Ho, or anyone make a PS import of Ore-no Ryouri appear on the PS store.

EDIT: Also folks have another chance to get Gunslinger/Blood Dragon combo for $6.25 during the next 8 hours.

Reposting:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-EC76E2D0D8ECFAF7 - Taken by Ilive1up. 17 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-AB19BE8F066766DF - Taken by jholmes. 10 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-D98827FE5E69E67C - Taken by Beelzeboss. 17 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-D07F2B71C00788FD - Taken by DSix. 13 entrants total.

t1403660374z1.png

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I don't remember the specifics, but it's not optimized for the OS. It also hates quad-core CPUs, if I remember correctly. I had to tweak some things beforehand to make it run alright. It's been a long time, so my memory on the subject isn't the best, but I did put hundreds of hours into the PC version on Win 7 myself. Check the community hub discussions, I'm sure you'll find some answers there.

NoRéN;118095575 said:
played it to completion on windows 7. So did my spouse. The only problem we ever encountered was random freesing but this fixed it.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2722281

Thanks guys! I'm still debating getting it since i already beat the main game on the xbox but at least i know it's safe to play if i do get it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
OTOH that Super Amazing Wagon Adventure discount is sick and Delver is supposed to be pretty decent, OTOH Stranded and the Last Door are both recent sleepers that have good buzz. Pretty tough call.

Silky

Banned
Like this quote in the game description,

"As of May 31, 2014, online functionality, including network multiplayer and wireless chat, will no longer be available for this title. We regret any disappointment as a result of the shutdown of the services supporting these online features."

Timely

So.. uh.. why are Steam still selling Battlefront II? Is there a fan based solution?

Battlefront II official servers close on the 30th of June for EA. Until then there are already 3rd party dedicated servers up for the game. It'll go on for a while.

kris.

Banned
just a reminder that because Gunslinger is a flash sale, it's bundled with FC3: Blood Dragon for some reason and you can get both for $6.24 again!

JakeD

Or from their website for a small donation.

i forget we're in the sale thread, where some people are interested in actually playing the games and not just getting the +1

i need the 3rd deponia game and want The Last Door at 2.50 so basically it has no chance of winning

Sky Chief

Any input on Call of Juarez and Battelfront II?

Also, if you click on Call of Juarez it seems there is a flash sale combo with FC3 - Blood Dragon for $6.24.

Hugstable

Banned
Is the PC version of Rayman Legends worth it? I only own the Vita version, but it's tough to play such a beautiful game on such a small screen. I heard the Murphy levels aren't in this version though and those were my main gripe with the game on Vita. Do they just take out the levels entirely or are you able to play them, but just with normal controls somehow?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, Last Door for $2.50.

Noir Syndrome isn't really that much fun, Pixel Piracy has already had that price, Delver is Early Access so people don't like that.

Point and click has to win.

point and click discounts on the next vote are all great, so of course it will lose

not that ill be able to buy them lol. actually i will with mah steam wallet, i think

If point and click wins, you won't have to worry about your wallet. For reasons.

Grief.exe

So.. uh.. why are Steam still selling Battlefront II? Is there a fan based solution?

You can still connect to servers once GameSpy goes down, the server browser just won't work.

I believe there is a third party service that is stepping up though.

iosefe

KoTOR II for 3.39 is hella worth it

Everyone should just go buy that and download The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod.

you'll thank me later

Jeremy

I was worried GOG was going to have a lower price on Shadow Warrior but they didn't so heck yea.

Maybe once the sale ends I can leave this thread and play some of these fucking games.

Zeliard

Wow, that community choice is fucking weak.

People keep saying this and I don't get it. There are indies with some very positive impressions among those choices, The Last Door and Stranded in particular (the latter of which I already own and need to get around to playing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom