• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

I won $6 from M&M's \o/

1398576685162.gif

Congratulations! Do not directly use it in your Steam account. You will get your money but you will be locked out of the community market because you can't verify it.

Instead, go through paypal and use it as your funding source inside paypal.

Aurarian

Is the PC version of Rayman Legends worth it? I only own the Vita version, but it's tough to play such a beautiful game on such a small screen. I heard the Murphy levels aren't in this version though and those were my main gripe with the game on Vita. Do they just take out the levels entirely or are you able to play them, but just with normal controls somehow?

Wondering the same honestly. I played a couple of levels and hated the weird controls on those levels.

Marow

World of Goo being on sale (and so cheap!) makes me happy. I love the game to death and only have it on Wii. But now I can replay it on PC!

Kadin

Any input on Call of Juarez and Battelfront II?

Also, if you click on Call of Juarez it seems there is a flash sale combo with FC3 - Blood Dragon for $6.24.
Call of Juarez is a damn great game. Videos I watched do not do it justice. Lots of cool wild west lore to learn and the gameplay is great. Hidden stuff to find and upgrades to make. Well worth the sale price.

Flash
  • Serious Sam Complete Pack 85% off
  • Killing Floor 75% off
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger 75% off
  • Star Wars Battlefront II 66% off
Community choice
  • World of Goo 90% off
  • Bastion 85% off
  • Awesomenauts 90% off
  • Rayman Legends 75% off
Community votes
Pack 1:
  • Delver 70% off
  • Super Amazing Wagon Adventure 66% off
  • Pixel Piracy 50% off
  • Noir Syndrome 66% off
Pack 2:
  • Goodbye Deponia 75% off
  • Secret Files Sam Peters 75% off
  • The Last Door 75% off
  • Stranded 50% off

Guys, if you want to encourage bullshit, vote for the pack with Delver in it.

But I'm not annoyed or anything.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Some stuff I've noticed with no discount at all, where I'd expect some level of discount:
- Secret of Monkey Island (along with many other LucasArts games like Thrillville)
- Samurai Gunn
- That Damn Doctor Who Platformer
- ObScure / ObScure 2
- Nuclear Throne (Early Access)
- The Apogee Throwback Pack
- Omegalodon
- The Floor is Jelly
- Where is my Heart?

If you fuckers vote for point and click AGAIN

Some stuff I've noticed with no discount at all, where I'd expect some level of discount:
- Secret of Monkey Island (along with many other LucasArts games like Thrillville)
- Samurai Gunn
- ObScure / ObScure 2
- Omegalodon
- The Floor is Jelly
- Where is my Heart?

I think with Nuclear Throne they've been pretty unapologetic about their "no sales" stance.

I don't really care about either of the Community Vote choices. What should I vote for?

The one with Delver in it.

I was worried GOG was going to have a lower price on Shadow Warrior but they didn't so heck yea.

Maybe once the sale ends I can leave this thread and play some of these fucking games.

Foolish man!! What folly is this?! We don't play these games... we just keep buying them!

Prophane33

People keep saying this and I don't get it. There are indies with some very positive impressions among those choices, The Last Door and Stranded in particular (the latter of which I already own and need to get around to playing).

I think the issue is that Point and Click Adventure Games are kind of a niche genre in modern gaming. In my personal opinion I could not be less interested, but I know there are a lot of passionate fans of the genre. I voted for it, regardless of my own opinion.

- Samurai Gunn
- ObScure / ObScure 2
- Omegalodon
- The Floor is Jelly
- Where is my Heart?

Don't forget Chime. Dang it, that Portal song puzzle must be holding any discounts back this game should be receiving every time a sale like this shows up. =[

Wait, how the fuck did Fallout 3 GOTY for £3.74 slip me by?! How is it a daily!? It was never part of the 9 new dailies, and I know for a fact because I've been keeping a close eye on this all along! What the hell?!

tmarques

Red overtook purple again. We seem to be real rivals. Going after the colors I say we're the british empire while purple is france. Green is prussia, blue is sweden and pink... belgium?

I might have to craft a badge afterall. At what time does the day end as far as Steam goes? Not doing it until the last possible minute, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom