• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

I've never felt as out of tune with the Steam community as I have during this sale. I don't think a single vote of mine has won.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Come on, Last Door for $2.50.

Noir Syndrome isn't really that much fun, Pixel Piracy has already had that price, Delver is Early Access so people don't like that.

Point and click has to win.

If point and click wins, you won't have to worry about your wallet. For reasons.

i apreciate it but no thank you. I was venting because im angry, not because "HAI GUYZ I LOST CARD NOW I GET FREE GAMEZ RIGHT?"

mrgone

alright thanks!

anyone in Canada get it to work? I can only send out 50 text messages for free on my phone plan and I'd rather not use one just to find it out it wouldn't work in the first place. lol

Payless Shoes probably has gotten thousands of MOVIE texts over the last few days ;) (They're linked to 78787 in Canada unfortunately for us. And them.)

Sianos

I feel like Rayman Legends is worth my ten dollars. M&M money has been kind to me and I don't expect it to drop much further in the fall and winter sales.

dream

Buy an AMD Never Settle voucher on eBay, Murdered is one of the choices (Sniper V3 another one, you can get both with Silver).

And I like Murdered so far (thanks corrosivefrost), very linear, simple gameplay but that's exactly what I want right now.

Does Murdered generally strive for narrative realism or does it veer off into Japanese wackiness?

dot

I voted for Pixel Graphics cuz i want Delver.

i'm almost done with my drawing for the contest! Prepare for awesomeness guys...

Okay so just some small impressions on Saints Row.

This game man, so wacky. Sometimes cringeworthy, sometimes pretty lol worthy.

I must say: It's fun.

I've never been interested in the series, disliked it's approach to the open world genre, but I've finally tried it and it is pretty decent.

The powers are so fun to use.

Good buy at the price.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I keep considering Rayman Legends, but Uplay. Thinking about the Wii U version because of that, but getting a game on consoles that is available on PC feels so wrong.

Veggy

Picked up Cook, Serve, Delicious! based on gafs recommendation, was very cheap so worth a shot! Looked pretty interesting based on some youtube vids

Tried playing Lone Survivor again and the game is still giving me headaches/eye strain for some reason, guess it wasn't meant to be :(

Gonna start on Metro: LL when this headache dies down

So far I've spent a LOOOOOT less than I did during the Steam xmas sale, think so far I've picked up:-

Lone Survivor
Sleeping Dogs
Metro: LL Complete
Brothers
Vampire: Bloodlines
Gone Home
Cook, Serve, Delicious!

My wallet has been pretty happy so far

derExperte

Does Murdered generally strive for narrative realism or does it veer off into Japanese wackiness?

The story so far is a simple murder mystery. Who and why. Same goes for the side stuff, not very wacky apart from the fact you're a ghost. But I'm only two hours in, the end could involve lesbian alien goats.

JakeD

the last door is genuinely creepy. i only played the first chapter free on their website, but it seems well made. you get used to the extreme pixel-ness pretty quick. i'll probably grab it for $5 even if it loses this vote and doesn't get a flash/daily

Buy an AMD Never Settle voucher on eBay, Murdered is one of the choices (Sniper V3 another one, you can get both with Silver).

And I like Murdered so far (thanks corrosivefrost), very linear, simple gameplay but that's exactly what I want right now.

Cheers - thanks mate will look into that.

bounchfx

I keep considering Rayman Legends, but Uplay. Thinking about the Wii U version because of that, but getting a game on consoles that is available on PC feels so wrong.

same here, it's frustrating. It would be insta-buy if not for UPlay. Fuck that shit.

I think I might just wait until its >$15 on Wii U now. It's funny because I was so ready to buy that shit for $60 on Wii U before the massive delay.

Stage On

Killing floor being 75% off is good but why the heck isn't the dlc getting a similar discount? I'm not going to pay more then the bloody base game for the last couple packs I need :(

STILL HOPE FOR A SURPRISE SIN:EMERGENCE DISCOUNT.
COME ON MUMBOJUMBO, YOU CAN DO IT.
938D525C3A3F7A1272AF2FD8D096EA8D9FFDC47E

Do it for that random Japanese artist who played your game, MJ!
Don't know why John Blade's white in this rendition, though

was it ever discounted? I don't remember that being a case.
It's gotten down to $2.49 before, and I'm not going to pay any more than $4.99.

Community vote is absolute nope. I already got the Deponia trilogy for dirt cheap on GOG, and the rest of the adventure games either look like Jack Keane-tier quality or indie dahlings. Pixel art rogue-lites need to stay out, I'm tired of 'em.

megalowho

the last door is genuinely creepy. i only played the first chapter free on their website, but it seems well made. you get used to the extreme pixel-ness pretty quick. i'll probably grab it for $5 even if it loses this vote and doesn't get a flash/daily
Want to try this, hope the Point & Click category wins.

I mainly want it for the restored content mod, but I'll definitely be checking out any other mod that improves the experience.

Thanks for double checking.

No problem. I've been meaning to play it on my pc. I played it back in the day on the OG Xbox with frame rate issues. Some day when I've gone through my backlog, I'll have to get to it. I loved KOTOR 1 and 2 and was so disappointed in The Old Republic MMO.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not gonna lie...I'm kinda bummed I couldn't do my Spintires giveaway, I even had my giant truck gifs all ready lol :(

same here, it's frustrating. It would be insta-buy if not for UPlay. Fuck that shit.

I think I might just wait until its >$15 on Wii U now. It's funny because I was so ready to buy that shit for $60 on Wii U before the massive delay.

Have you had bad experiences with Uplay? I had to install it to play Far Cry 3, and it kind of doesn't do anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom